Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 38980 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Dwarven Drive-in succession/community game
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2016, 10:18:23 am »

Uh-oh. Well, the underground hospital is a temporary solution, since it has to be abandoned afterwards. We want to show the future employees how well the medical insurance works, don't we? As for the quarantine chambers... Those will make Agerelic's super-secret catacombs where we keep our sause recepies and many more things.

Also, collating the updates and adjusting the thread title.

EDIT: Here's my variant of McUrist's logo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:03:02 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Revenge Of The Weremice!
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2016, 02:18:18 pm »

Nice.  It will be quite a long while to have clowns as mascot entertaining guests. :)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »

Going to need a spider first, I guess.

Hm, do visitors kill chained-up clowns? Unlike FBs and titans, they're guaranteed to not have become the enemies of any civs yet.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2016, 08:11:39 am »

Clowns are hostile to everything I think. Wandering clowns will do battle with invaders and traders so presumably chained clowns will cause fights.

Do we have fire clay? If so we could make stoneware pots for elves and general use. Pottery statues studded with gold might make nice decorations anyway (in the long term).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2016, 11:21:01 am »

I think wandering in clowns are bit of like wild animals in that they're not historical figures. They're not treated as megabeasts, so visitors might not kebab them when chained. Unless they kebab wild animals who have never killed anyone? Might want to test first, and if true keep the clowns in cages or chained in windowed enclosures.

Regarding pottery and decorations, even without clay could put a magma kiln up next to masonry, give it ..like, 5 ash bars and ash glaze all stone furniture, since that's currently mispriced. But otherwise, eh, I'd say rock pots for booze...But I used to go for wooden ones since embarking in plentiful areas with wood, and now picked up making wooden barrels from Sanctume instead for skilling up carpenter instead of decreasing weight of something that only gets moved a few times per year.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:23:01 am by Fleeting Frames »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2016, 09:35:21 pm »

I'm far from digging much deeper, so I am only using dolomite layer for stone needs.

There is "sandy clay" above the dolomite and should be good for clay, but not sand collecting.

Let me know if my turn is going slow, I was hoping to speed through constructions, but something seems to always come up. 
And no DTherapist makes micro-managing labors slow also.  I need one more weekend to go further. 

I am only in Mid-Summer, Malachite, 81.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2016, 12:25:23 am »

Chapter 4: Hamlet Agesrelic

Act 1: The Rescue
25 Slate, 81
The full moon wanes, Zon and Mebzuth calmed down, and transformed back into dwarfs.  They are schedule of go back into quarantine 10 days prior to the next full moon on 21 Felsite.

The old fortifications are all wrong because they do not have a roof, so they are deconstructed and log walls will be placed, and then fortifications will be carved after as needed later.

The giant chameleon is now a corpse, and the incident report highlights:
Guard Athel passes out from exhaustion.
Child Kulet passes out from exhaustion.
Guard Zuglar passes out from exhaustion.

The priority is constructing access to the east wall.  The giant chameleon is dead, but there are two children Kulet and Erib up there still with expedition leader Tirist, Carpenter Eshtan, Cook Lor, and Grandma Meng.

Grandma Meng!  Snacks found baby Kel hanging on the side of a log wall on the second floor.  It’s open space below and 1z high onto dirt floor below.  So baby Kel also needs construction rescue.

Removing the fortification, and building a ramp will gain access up the east wall.  And, of course construct a couple of floors to reach Baby Kel.
Spoiler: East Wall (click to show/hide)

8 Felsite, 81
A week after Grandma Meng’s rescue from the east wall, Snacks walks in “the Curled Butters” tavern for a drink.

Snacks: Hello Grandma Meng, where’s baby Kel?

Grandma Meng holds a dolomite mug, pauses and looks around.

Snacks surveys the east wall and discovers the construction floor below Baby Kel is suspended.  The construction task is immediately resumed, and the floor is soon finished.

Grandma Meng cancels Drink: Seeking Infant.

Act 2: A Sleek Veil
Work continues in McUrist with minor tasks and details delegated to team members.

The garbage smasher task below fisher wharf has a bottleneck for mason labor, so a few more workers should begin to dabble in masonry to help complete the job.

Wooden cages are also set in the middle of the nest boxes to contain the large quantity of ducklings, chicks, and puppies.

Although it is against the above ground aesthetics, a Mason, Mechanic, and Craftsdwarf workshop is built in the dolomite quarry area.  This is a temporary measure until the work area on the surface is more organized.  So, it will faster to access dolomite stone down in the quarry, and build furnitures, mechanism, and other stone items without too much hauling.

The Fisher Wharf has room for 3 bedrooms.

2 Felsite, 81
Farmer Edzul has been possessed!

6 Felsite, 81
Farmer Edzul has not claimed any workshop yet.
Snacks determined missing workshops, so the following are built: smelter, metalsmith’s forge, bowyer, and leather works to entice Edzul to claim something.  Some team members volunteer to dabble in those labors to help build the workshops.

The Bowyer’s Workshop is built, and Edzul is still staring off at in space.

9 Felsite, 81
Edzul claims a Leather Works, and takes 2 giant slug leather.

I wondered where the slug leather came from, and apparently Guard Atir has been an active hunter with a bismuth bronze crossbow. 

Guard Atir I., Novice Animal Trainer, Hunting labor, (female 22). Wife of Mason Thob.

She has quite a kill list which includes giant hamster, giant chameleon, 3 giant slugs and a family of rabbits.

14 Felsite, 81
Edzul created “The Labyrinth of Twisting”, a sleek giant slug leather head veil with a retail values of ☼3000 in the exotic leather market.
Spoiler: a sleek head veil (click to show/hide)

Act 3: Mishap and Miasma
10 Felsite, 81
The farms, seed stockpiles are planned.  The dirt floor on z132 is being channeled to expose the silt loam to sunlight.

Plans for the workshop layout are almost final.

Digging starts for a garbage chute by the butcher shop.

A dozen apartments plan up on z133 is also finalized.

12 Felsite, 81
With many projects going on, Zon and Mebzuth are sent to their quarantine room.  They are given Stone Detailing labor to busy themselves smoothing their rooms.

16 Felsite, 81
Miasma start forming from the body of Stakud, so the digging the catacombs on the first layer of dolomites begins. 

Note: Dolomite has the highest melting point of all common stones, and it is also a flux stone so it is more valuable. 

Coffin and slab pairing are ordered for the burial for Stakud.

19 Felsite, 81
Starts placing farm plots for both below and above ground, and seed stockpile and seed feeder pile.

The butcher garbage chute has the garbage smasher under construction. 

Channeling the dirt on z132 continues.

21 Felsite, 81
It’s full moon, Zon and Mebzuth are in their quarantine rooms smoothing the walls, maybe.

Willow logs floors are being constructed in place of the channeled dirt; while more of the dirt are being channeled row by row.

22 Felsite, 81
A mishap.  A section of the floor construction collapse down to the farm plots.  It was a willow log and created too much dust that left Melbil, Erush, Kib and Grandma Meng unconscious for a fews second.  Baby Kel was covered by dusts as well, but he looks fine.
Spoiler: collapse (click to show/hide)

23 Felsite, 81
Zon and Mebzuth are back as dwarfs, so their hatch covers are unlocked.

They also destroyed their beds.  No more beds will be placed in the quarantine rooms. 

Remember the next full moon is 19 Hematite.

Act 4: Summer Bandits
Summer arrives and constructing floor and channeling dirt continues without any more mishaps.  More willow trees are marked for cutting for the large demand of willow log flooring.

4 Hematite, 81
A couple of kobold thieves, Sushlurus and Shrogofothlayber have been spotted skulking around.

Guard Rigoth is reinstated back to The Mines of Curiosity, and the squad is ordered to apprehend the thieves.

The squad gave chase.

Kobold thief Shrogofothlayber slipped away, but Cmdr Vucar and Guard Mistem landed some joint locks exhausting kobold thief Sushlurus.  Sushlurus almost got away to the western edge of the map until one joint lock on the upper arms from Cmdr Vucar provides an opportunity for Guard Mistem’s punch in the head to explodes the injured parts into gore.  A silver dagger is rumored to be seen dropped nearby, but it is nowhere to be seen.

Act 5: The Late Treaties
8 Hematite, 81
With so much activities, Zon and Mebzuth have been smoothing their quarantine rooms all this time.  With the full moon coming in just 11 days, they might as well stay locked in.

10 Hematite, 81
Shodec Shimdokopka, a human maceman is visiting and she wishes to reside in Agesrelic for the purpose of soldiering. 

Prior to accepting this petition, squad Quarantine 1 has been disbanded.  A new squad is created, “The Late Treaties” and Rigoth is promoted to Captain Rigoth.  Congratulations Captain Rigoth!

Shodec’s petition is soon accepted and is now a member of “The Late Treaties”.

Shodec S., Human Maceman, Novice Butcher, Novice Miller, Novice Thresher (f 45) Wife of Thothil U.  Thothil U. is not in fort.

17 Hematite, 81
A human caravan from Anthath Thimeth has arrived. 

McUrist only have 4 barrels of Prepared Meals.   

The drinks count is miserably low at 46, so the stills are set to make more drinks, now! 

Broker Meng completed the trade by the next day.   

4 Barrels of Prepared Meals, traded for: toys, some animals in metal cages, 1 iron pick, bags, sand bags, red spinach seed bag, bins of leathers, wool, and cloths, backpack and quivers, cut gems, waterskins, 6 iron anvils.

Summer 81, Total sale: 222 prepared meals, 0 drinks.

20 Hematite, 81
The weremouse Jonu Kusuturil has come from the south-southwest.

Activate citizens burrow alert for Hospital, and Lever Room.  Pull all bridges up except North Bridge.  Lock some of the doors. 

Station The Mines of Curiosity down at the farms area.

There is little reason to commit to a fight, when the path of Jonu is through the trade depot.    Hopefully the merchant guards can handle this.

Spoiler: Security Cam (click to show/hide)

Station the “The Late Treaties” outside the Hospital.

Act 6: Monitor Lizard in Hamlet Agesrelic
21 Hematite, 81
Zon and Mebzuth are back to being dwarfs, and the hatch covers are unlocked until the 17th of Malachite.

The garbage smashers are still awaiting for masons and mechanics to finish the jobs.

22 Hematite, 81

Seven migrants arrived this summer.
1. Vucar K., Adequate Engraver, Novice Mason, Adequate Bone Carver (m 54)
2. Vutok K., Novice Animal Care (f 17) Older sister of Snacks
3. Olon A., Novice Animal Care (m 31) Husband of Solon
4. Solon O., Accomplished Diag, Talented Surgeon, Novice Bone, Notive Suturer (f 31) Wife of Olon
5. Vucar B., Notice Grower, Novice Miller (f 36) Wife of Iden. (Iden is not in fort)
6. Rith S., Adequate Brewer (f 35)
7. Urist D., Adequate Herbalist, Novice Butcher (f 29)

Welcome to Hamlet Agesrelic, now with a population of 45.

23 Hematite, 81
A pair of monitor lizards are attacking!  One monitor lizard shreds Snacks’ leather cloak and silk robe.  Expedition leader Tirist is also in the fight.  A call for the guards to arrest these monitor lizards has been issued, including Zon and Mebzuth’s Quarantine squads.

Snacks and Tirist have been rescued from the now dead monitor lizards.

Tirist just needed bed rest.

Snacks lost ability to stand. 

Spoiler: monitor lizard (click to show/hide)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2016, 01:32:10 am »

....I didn't know babies could climb.

How does garbage smashing bottleneck masonry?

I take it aboveground construction is going slow.

Hunters are pretty wonderful on tiny multi-biome maps.

Head veil? Hm, maybe it can protect the nose of military men.

Hm, Dolomite is i-safe.

Collapses :(

Those are some weird names on kobolds.

Hm, reminds me of an idea I had: Starting with teacher for biting (as creatures in hold can't dodge and shouldn't be dangerous for sparring like wrestling is), and maybe for punching and kicking as well?

Punches seem to be typical wildlife killers for unarmed dwarves, but on anything big they seem to be ineffective, so maybe just the teacher 5/biter 5.

Another weremouse? Jońu? Hm...Got to remember that name. ....or maybe not.

Security cam is neat as always :) Though consider setfps...Ah right, 43.05, no dfhack.

Oh crud. I expect those merchants will return next year, I guess. So, merchant Oxut, swordsman Idur got bitten of the humans.

Not quite sure what to do with dwarf who has lost ability to stand - maybe pick just 1 to 4 trades to focus on and give them their own space and temples right next to workshops, restricting them to those with burrow. But if there isn't anything, can always try to get them bitten by the werebeasts we have. Though that might risk a loyalty cascade.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2016, 02:11:48 am »

I make 1x2 raising bridge out of dolomite instead of log.
It needs mason skill.

Thob and one of the weremouse has mason, and there has been a make dolomite block, door, coffer, cabinet, table and throne on repeat.  I like the white furnitures with wood floors. 

There's no barracks for the guards yet, so whatever skill they have are from live targets.

Yeah, time goes fast when I unpause.  Keeping these weremouse in and out of the quarantine is risky. 

I think I will let them dig and explore after I melt a few iron anvils to make some pick.

I have not tested them transforming in the same room.

I'm hoping a splint and crutch will fix the injury.  We got an ok doctor Solon, but I will keep Dr Ber as chief med

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2016, 04:58:14 am »

Better have rock pots then if we have sandy clay, earthenware needs glazing to be watertight.

Seems to be a weremouse epidemic outside the fort though, probably because they don't seem that though so their victims survive and become weremice.

How exactly can one make leather from giant snails/slugs? At least food won't be too much of a problem with hunters.

////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2016, 10:13:48 am »

By the way, do the were-dwarves require food or drinks? We could lock them up, assign them to a workshop of some sort (bone-cutting operations for example) and then drop materials from above while leaving some food and drinks in the airlocks. It might be a bit dufficult to always keep track on the infected while they're roaming free...

Let me know if my turn is going slow, I was hoping to speed through constructions, but something seems to always come up. 

I am only in Mid-Summer, Malachite, 81.

Well don't worry, take your time. It's been two weeks though, and I can't give you more than 3 weeks unless people really want it, so yeah, you might want to shorten the updates.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:19:59 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2016, 11:03:12 am »

I see the thirsty down arrow blink, so I will plan for raising bridge airlocks, drink stockpile, and make them miners to dig and explore for magma sooner.

Anyway, I am reviewing the unit list, and want to narrow down some select labors.

At least 1 Fisherman, and 2 Fish Cleaners that I want to assign for the 3 bedrooms in the fisher wharf. 

I also have 12 2x2 rooms under construction on the 2nd floor.  Probably 2 for office, and 10 bedrooms. 
I am thinking assigning to married couples to the first 10 bedrooms.

Unit List

Wave 1, Granite 80 Spring:
Sazir, Miner (f 72)
Eshtan, Carpenter (f 60) Lover of Tirist
Kadol, Woodcutter (f 74)
Tirist, expedition leader (m 54) Lover of Eshtan
Tortoise, Founder, Talented Cook, Professional Grower, Proficient Herbalist (f 52)
Zon, Weremouse #2, Dabbling Engraver, Proficient Brewer, Expert Grower, Adept Herbalist, Dabbling Thresher (f 88)
Mebzuth K., Weremouse #1, Talented Mechanic, Dabbling Carpenter, Dabbling Engraver, Dabbling Grower, Talented Mason  (m 72) ~198

Wave 2, Hematite 80 Summer:
Ber, Dabbling Doctor, Skilled Fisherdwarf (f 31)
Edzul B., Proficient Fisherdwarf (m 54) Married to Meng
Meng O., Professional Bookkeeper, Competent Appraiser (f 57) Married to Edzul
Athel C, Adequate Brewer, Dabbling Grower (f 18) Granddaughter of Edzul and Meng
Reg D., Dabbling Clothier (m 57) Cousin of Edzul and Meng

Wave 3, Sandstone 80 Autumn:
Erush O., Skilled Fish Cleaner, Dabbling Thresher, Dabbling Grower (f 38)
Snack O., Skilled Herbalist (f 15) Granddaughter of Edzul and Meng. Cousin of Ber

Wave 4, Granite 81, Spring:
Catten I., Axe Catten, Competent woodcutter (m 34) Husband of Lor
Thob O., Mason Thob, Adequate mason (m 19) Husband of Atir
Mistem D., Guard Mistem, Dabbling Leatherworker (f 34)
Melbil B., Guard Melbil, Dabbling Mason, Novice Brewer/Butcher (m 45) Husband of Morul (Morul not in fort)
Atir I., Guard Atir, Novice Animal Trainer (f 22) Wife of Thob
Zuglar L., Guard Zuglar, Adequate Furnace Operator (m 27)
Vucar S., Cmdr Vucar, Great Woodcrafter, Skilled Mech (m 62)
Sarvesh G., Novice Fishery Cleaner, Novice Miller, Novice Brewer (m 19) Husband of Nil M. (Nil M. not in fort)
Monom Z., Novice Fisherdwarf, Dabbling Thresher (m 52) needs craft
Rigoth E., Captain Rigoth, Master Fishery Cleaner (f 64)
Dastot L., Guard Dastot, Adequate Fisherdwarf (m 32) Husband of Thikut. (Thikut not in fort)
Lor N., Adequate Cook (f 38) Wife of Catten
Nil I., Skilled Herbalist (f 49) Wife of ezum T. (ezum T. not in fort)
Ustuth e., Competent Thresher, Dabbling Butcher (f 49)  daughter of Kib
Edzul D., Adequate Thresher, Novice Tanner, Novice Miller (f 29)
Kib E., Professional Mechanic, Novice Brewer (f 64) Wife to Ushat. (Ushat not in fort)
Stakud, Mechanic (dead)
Obok M., Child of Sarvesh G., and Nil M.
Kulet G., Child of Atir I., and Thob O.
Degel D., Child of Atir I., and Thob O.
Fikod E., Child of Atir I., and Thob O.
Erib T., Child of Atir I., and Thob O.
Enbok F., Child of Morul O., and Melbil B.
Kel L., Child, child of Meng O., and Edzul B.

Wave 5, Hematite 81, Summer:
Shodec S., Human Maceman, Novice Butcher, Novice Miller, Novice Thresher (f 45) Wife of Thothil U.  Thothil U. is not in fort.
Vucar K., Adequate Engraver, Novice Mason, Adequate Bone Carver (m 54)
Vutok K., Novice Animal Care (f 17) Older sister of Snacks
Olon A., Novice Animal Care (m 31) Husband of Solon
Solon O., Accomplished Diag, Talented Surgeon, Novice Bone, Notive Suturer (f 31) Wife of Olon
Vucar B., Notice Grower, Novice Miller (f 36) Wife of Iden. (Iden is not in fort)
Rith S., Adequate Brewer (f 35)
Urist D., Adequate Herbalist, Novice Butcher (f 29)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2016, 11:54:13 am »

Werebeasts don't need to eat or drink to live - the transformation heals all wounds, including this one.

Nonetheless, it costs one little to give them some.

For material transport, don't dump from above - use minecarts on same z-level instead. Beasts won't destroy track stops, as they're considered a trap building iirc.

I see you're paying attention to ages, Sanctume. Thinking of getting more couples?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2016, 12:22:54 pm »

Yeah, more couples = less bedrooms. 
That, and make use of tavern socialization happy hour. 

I'm thinking winter: farms are fallow, no planting; fishing zone not active; gather zone not active.

And when I get to it, start using manager work order to only make few things instead of repeat.

Between Grandma Meng to Grand daughter Snacks; there are plenty of aunts and cousins.
I was going to attempt a family tree of sorts but probably no time.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2016, 11:16:30 pm »

Chapter 5: The Mice Come Play

Mid-Summer 81

The McUrist sign and logo arrived from the McUrist Franchise Company (McUrist) and there ir rumor that the higher ups and The Board will visit Agesrelic. 

There is a mad scramble to tidy up the place quick!

The new workshop center is completely covered with constructed willow log floors.  The open plan follows the “great room” fad of the 80’s.

There is a Leather Works, Tanner, Butcher, Farmer’s Workshop, Loom, Clothier, Quern, and Screw Press. 

Quality minecarts are used to store Wood & Metal Barrels, Rock & Glass Pots, Cloths, Bones & Shells, and Leather. 

It also features a garbage chute, two kitchens, two still, and a large overflow stockpile for Prepared Food and Drinks. 

A central hatch leads below the indoor greenhouse for above ground plants, as well as the traditional below ground farms.  The poultry, dairy, meat, and vegan ingredients are sorted and stored down here.

The Lever Room also serves as ammunition storage.

The Meeting Area is also the primary storage for Prepared Meals and Drinks.

The Refuse Haulers are ushered to hurry up in cleaning the mess.  But the blood stain will require reconstruction of the walls, floors, and possibly bridges.

A letter in kenaf sheet

15th Malachite, 81

To whom it may concern:

Overseer Snacks is put on light duty due to serious injury from the previous monitor lizard attack.  However, as of this date, she is forced to no longer perform any plant gathering due to a recent incident. 

Snacks proceeds to climb up a papaya tree but was unable to descend despite having additional stepladders or constructed rescue stairs.  Weeks went by and Snacks show signs of hunger and dehydration. 

It is unclear of the exact event, but the gist of the story is that Snacks has an argument with Woodcutter Kadol who ended up swinging an axe towards the papaya tree with Snacks still up its branches.

Axe Kadol chops down the papaya tree causing Snacks to fall and papaya logs causing much damage: crushed right cheeks, tearing right lung, left hand exploding to gore.

Spoiler: incident report (click to show/hide)

Guard Mistem picks up Snacks and has taken her to the Hospital to my care.

I wish to document my actions and recommend Overseer Snacks take upon the desk duty of Manager of McUrist, Agesrelic.

Sincerely,

Doctor Ber, Chief Medical Dwarf, Agesrelic

17 Malachite, 81
A day before the full moon, the human merchants finally left.  However, Merchant Oxut transformed into a weremouse near the west bridge by the brook.

Oxut bites a Thresher Ustuth in the left hand; tearing muscle.

A human spearman embeds a copper spear on Oxut and kills him.

The rest of the human caravan continue their travels out west leaving behind the remains of Oxut.

19 Malachite, 81

Two iron anvils are melted to make two new iron picks.

There are also large pieces of metal armor lay scattered from a dead human.  These are melted for needed iron, copper and bronze bars.  The metal cages are also melted.

Zon and Mebzuth transformed back to dwarfs and they are released to pick up their equipment.  They will be digging down from their respective rooms in search for something the earth hides.

Late Summer, 81

Construction continues upwards in McUrist to support the growing number of personnels.

Three shared bedrooms with private storage are completed above the Fisher Wharf.

Apartment 1 and Office houses 5 bedrooms and 3 office spaces.

Apartment 2 has 8 bedrooms under construction.

Spoiler: Apartments (click to show/hide)

10 Galena, 81

The next full moon is on the 15th Galena so the Squads are adjusted:
Quarantine 1: Mebzuth, Weremouse #1
Quarantine 2: Zon, Weremouse #2
Quarantine 3: Ustuth, Patient #3

Ustuth is locked in quarantine room 3.  She will need a pick after next full moon to dig down also, but in the meantime, she can smooth the floors and walls of her room.

Mebzuth and Zon eventually found galena ores near z100.

Summer ends, and autumn has come.

McUrists has a population of 45, including the 3 infected Weremice.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15