Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 39011 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Revenge Of The Weremice!
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2016, 01:53:44 am »

Hm, what's with the black surrounded by brown spaces in the summer tour? Minecarts?

Hm, Farmer's workshop next to bones and shells? Where's craftsdwarf's?

Why are clothier and leather doored? Moods?

What's with the wooden and gold anvils in meetng area, food and drinks?

Quite a lot of room for milk, though.

Trees. An annoying thing with them is their branches overriding constructions, so what should be rescuing isn't.

Oxut. Not surprirising, but sad. At least the trading could conclude.

Feels weird to call them apartments when indoors, but hey - so are the hallways of ours.

z100? What's the embark level? Fat embark?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2016, 02:58:42 am »

Yeah, minecarts. 

I knew I was missing something.  I'm gonna need a Craftsdwarf shop there.  Maybe remove one of the kitchen.

Yep, doors on clothier and leather is probably not needed, just out of habit.

I dunno what those anvil looking things.

I was thinking artisan cheesemakers.

Snacks is missing some spine tendons or maybe a lung I think, gets winded easily.

Maybe condos instead?  Could be a highrise apartments if we keep building up.

Surface is z132-134 I think. 

Werebeast are high maintenance, or days go by fast.  If they are released, it would be easy for 1 of the 3 to get a drink/food before fullmoon, and ignore station orders. 

Also, sometimes station orders on a 3x3 makes them path to the other room.

I have not tested if they will attack each other if they are all in the same room.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2016, 05:51:40 am »

Mm. Perhaps build upwards instead for workshops, and replace bone dump pile floor with ramp or stairs. Though if there's haulers, can also move bones elsewhere - more important that they're near the workshop than that them being moved a short distance.

I think werebeasts are probably too high maintenance to let out, but up to you. Instead of station, could use defend burrows or important lever pulling task. Also, this way might risk less loyalty cascade (if military sees werebeast, they attack it, while a civilian doesn't).

Have you tested if they can keep armor on? Maybe if it's emu man armor (smallest dwarves can wear, I think) or hyena man (largest).

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2016, 08:46:28 am »

Above that central workshop is the Apartment 1. 

There is room on the east portion above the current pasture where the temporary shops are added.  So that's a project for another then. 

I should make some shell armor and use up these mussel shells; and then roleplay it as McUrist uniform.

Each of the 3 weremice are in their own squads with "no uniform" 
I can look into putting equipping them with shell armor in between moon phase.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2016, 10:38:17 am »

I still suggest we separate the micedwarves from the rest of the population so we can use them as unpaid chefs artisans. I wonder though, how they're getting through their yearly medical checkup.

"Scabies? Oh, no, of course not. How do you think I got my certificate? It's mere lycanthropy.

It's not contagious, I think... Is it?"

Also, here's a journal!

From the personal log of Tortoise the Chef:

"Argh, I can't believe I let Snacks swindle me so easily! It's the last time I fall for her stupid tricks. First they imagine they can run the place without running into trouble, and now this... Locking me up in a prison cell on the ground of some were-disease... I was perfectly fine! I say, PERFECTLY FINE, You hear me?!

You think you can get away with playing your little game under my nose? Well you are wrong. Next time I'm serving you a very special burger... With EXTRA onion".

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:48:36 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2016, 10:52:18 am »

There's a rumor going on that Overseer Snacks is seeking to contract the lycanthropy to gain back her lost energy and missing lung.

She is but 15 years old, perhaps she should get married first, have kids, then regrow a lung later.

Kids Young adults these days, eh.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2016, 11:13:21 am »

Who would've thought a weremouse could be so dangerous. Or that giant bugs like lurking on top of walls and lure babies up onto high ledges.
Hope Snacks gets better.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:03 am »

Hahaha, that's wery chuuni approch :P Age-appropriate

And yeah, can't have kids if you become a mice.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2016, 11:36:07 am »

Wow, a term does exists.

Chuunibyou (中二病) is a derrogative colloquial term in the Japanese language used to describe a person which manifests delusional behavior, particularly thinking that one has special powers that no other person has.

McUrist in autumn may just step closer to the dark side.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2016, 12:27:57 pm »

It's also called "the 8th grade disease" :v

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:09 pm »

Ookie-dokie, waiting for our kitchen to be fully-staffed with giant hairy micedwarves.

EDIT: here's what might happen to Snacks. Expectations vs reality.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:16:05 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2016, 06:20:10 pm »

Chapter 6: The Village Agesrelic

kenaf sheets in blue ink, from the journals of Snacks Mountainreleased

Autumn 81 has come and I am having trouble breathing and I’ve lost the ability to stand.  I have threads sewn on my upper body, head, left upper arm, left lower leg, lower body and left ribs.

I heard rumors that the weremouse infection suffered by Zon, Mebzuth, and Ustuth is called lycanthropy; and it can completely heal all wounds.  What kind of dwarf will volunteer to that infection?  That is definitely not me.

I am easily winded when going up to my room, but I do not let that hinder me.  “Do your duty,” I always say.

On the 9th of Limestone, the outpost liaison Endok Uthmikolin from Vushavuz arrived with the caravan.  No news, “the world is the same as ever,” so any rumor that the higher ups and The Board will visit Agesrelic is false.

Grandma Meng traded 220 meals for any animal that come with nickel or copper cages.

On the 17th, Ustuth, Weremouse #3 has discovered a second expansive cavern deep underground.

I do not know how time seems to fly, but it is already the 1st of Sandstone.  Constructions on 12 more bedrooms, and 2 workshops, and their roofs is on-going.

The bones and bolts was planned incorrectly, so those will be moved to one of the new workshops.  Shell gauntlets and helms are ordered, as well as bone greaves and bone bolts.

I started on a special project, but Armok only knows if it will work.

It is the 21st of Sandstone, 81 and nine more migrants arrive.  Welcome to Agesrelic!  We are now Village Agesrelic with a population of 54.

Wave 6, Sandstone 81, Autumn: Pop:45+9 = 54
1. Fath U., Talented Carpenter (m ~87)
2. Sibrek K., High Master Animal Trainer (m 54)
3. Kol N., Adequate Ambusher (m 78)
4. Kib E., Adequate Furnace Op (f 34)
5. Dastot N., Adequate Fish Cleaner (f 72)
6. Id Z., Accomplished Beekeeper (m 55)
7. Shem O., Great Mechanic (f 66) Wife of Lokum. Lokum not in fort.
8. Dishman R., Novice Siege (m 58)
9. Likot A., Peasant (f 21)

I find it unusual for Fath Uristottan to have the appearance of somebody that is 87 years old and is one of the first of this kind.  No accurate age? No birthdate?  It sound similar to Zon, Mebzuth, and Ustuth. 

I have a suspicion that Fath has lycanthropy so he is sent to quarantine room 4.

Before the end of the month, on the 26th of Sandstone, Captain Rigoth has been elected mayor.  I was so busy, I was not aware there was a voting.

To my relief, the full moon of 8th Timber transformed the first 3 patients, and not Fath.  Fath is released and put into The Mines of Curiosity squad.

On the 18th, Reg D., a clothier has been possessed and claims a Clothier Shop.  Reg is asking for cloth...thread and it could be silk because there is no silk in stock.

The first cavern is explored and cave spider silk is found along with troglodyte.  These troglodyte wants to rush in Agesrelic but our guards and The Late Treaties dispatched them bloodily outside the cavern bridge. 

Finally, on the 10th of Moonstone, Reg D. begins a mysterious constructions using a cave spider silk cloth and a single cut clear tourmalines.  Reg D. has created “Risenednad Agesdumed,” a cave silk spider braies (some sort of kilt) with a street value of 15,320 ☼.

As if on cue, monitor lizards interrupt plant gatherers outside.  The guards are sent on the surface to handle the troubles while Captain Rigoth and Shodec guard the first cavern from troglodytes.

Rosmic Abotacnu, Human Bard petitions to reside and entertain in Agesrelic.  Denied.

Guard Mistem has been found dead, drowned; she was last reported to be fighting a monitor lizard.  A coffin and a slab are ordered.  Miner dig around the murky pool to help lower the water level in order to retrieve her body for burial.

13th of Moonstone, 81
I am sixteen years old today, and spending my time filling a pond on the second floor of the building destroyer (BD) trap.  The BD trap is a bunker with expanded fortification and shutters, just in case viewing of it is needed in the future. 

There is a west entry used for releasing.  The east entry will have the raising bridge linked to the trigger.  The trigger is a pressure plate below that will react with water.  The bait is a floodgate that blocks water above from spilling.  When a BD destroys the bait, water will spill down triggering the plate and raising the east bridge shut.  That’s the plan anyway.

Another human bard, Hok Inutcikul, petitions to reside and and entertain in Agesrelic on the 27th.  Denied.

A new come on 4 Opal, and a testing of the civilian alert for “McUrist Indoor” burrow commences.  The 4 bridges on the surface are raised up, and the bridge towards the first cavern is still being linked.

A garbage chute is being dug down near the first cavern because the trogdolyte corpses are spreading miasma.  It will be better to disposed of the corpses down below rather than the haulers bringing them up the surface.

I am also hoping these dwarf clean up the surface.  This clean up business seems hopeless.

1 Obsidian, 81

Finally, 1 more month and I can take a long bath and some rest and relaxation.  The web collection is off because there is little need for silk cloths, and the first cavern is shut closed.

There may be time to build a beehive tower for McUrists’ Beekeeper.

25 Obsidian, 81

We have plenty of customers, and this time there does not seem to be any unwanted were-guest.

I denied all petitions for entertainment, and approved three new recruits for The Late Treaties:
Agen Retade, lady consort;
Strildo Lashedbutter, human crossbowman;
And Uzo Tuftdeath, another lady consort.

Spring arrives and Snacks remains snoozing in bed, dreaming of olive oil soap bath, with strawberry wine in hand.

Save: McUrist '82
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:26:34 pm by Sanctume »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2016, 07:08:45 pm »

Can't believe it is only autumn! Yet, then two seasons in one post is surprising!.

That's a lot of meals.

54 pop for second year, huh. Feels kind of low...

Nice animal trainer to...go with all those tame animals you just bought :p?

Shem will get lonely.

What criterion are you using for accepting/denying petitioners? Just mercs?

Hm...don't buildingdestroyers topple tables, instead of destroying them like they do hatches, doors and floodgates? Though are they meant to enter from the left?

Still, lets' hope it catches someone :)

Dwarves don't clean aboveground. I suppose Snacks, being 16, may not know. Might have to resort to building and deconstructing.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »

Nothing happened much, at least I expected more werebeast visits or maybe a siege. 
I did get a lot of waves of trogdolytes, so plenty of wrestling skill ups there. 

Captain Rigoth, now mayor is using the silver dagger dropped by the first kobold.  And so I suppose I let the humans bring carry their weapons when they join.  No barracks yet, so maybe that's a future project. 

Re: Pop
Wave 1, Granite 80 Spring: Pop:7
Wave 2, Hematite 80 Summer: Pop:12
Wave 3, Sandstone 80 Autumn: Pop:14
Wave 4, Granite 81, Spring: Pop:14+24 = 38
Wave 5, Hematite 81, Summer:  Pop:38+8 = 46-1 = 45
Wave 6, Sandstone 81, Autumn: Pop:45+9 = 54

Oh, Mistem died, so pop is 53.

I think there was a good animal trainer, but I only wanted to melt copper and nickel. I have 4 nickel minecarts done.  Used copper for crossbows, and 4 bronze to make bolts.  I did make bone bolts.  But no archery setup to practice.

There is plenty of others with spouse not in fort:
- Melbil B., Guard Melbil, Dabbling Mason, Novice Brewer/Butcher (m 45) Husband of Morul (Morul not in fort)
- Sarvesh G., Novice Fishery Cleaner, Novice Miller, Novice Brewer (m 19) Husband of Nil M. (Nil M. not in fort)
- Dastot L., Guard Dastot, Adequate Fisherdwarf (m 32) Husband of Thikut. (Thikut not in fort) Room fish.
- Nil I., Skilled Herbalist (f 49) Wife of ezum T. (ezum T. not in fort)
- Kib E., Professional Mechanic, Novice Brewer (f 64) Wife to Ushat. (Ushat not in fort)
- Vucar B., Notice Grower, Novice Miller (f 36) Wife of Iden. (Iden is not in fort)
- Shodec S., Human Maceman, Novice Butcher, Novice Miller, Novice Thresher (f 45) Wife of Thothil U.  Thothil U. is not in fort.
- and Shem O., Great Mechanic (f 66) Wife of Lokum. Lokum not in fort.

Yeah, only mercs for now.  I'll leave the heardache to others to deal with non-mercs.

From what I understand, BD will destroy furnitures which includes door, floodgate, and table.  The door is extra, set forbid.
East is where BD enters, destroys floodgate, then table.  When floodgate breaks, water drops down to pressure plate that triggers east bridge which should raise it. 

The west is a release bridge.  The east bridge is also linked to a lever so both will do.  I would normally set a lot of these as entry paths to all caverns.  And eventually, get a GCS and make webbed traps.

I did not have time to deconstruct to clean.  It's taking too long for the dwarfs to dump the sentient remains.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »

Hm, armored Troglodyte wrestling is safe, I take then.

That's lowish first year pop. 2 people in a migrant wave and 7 total, :/ Looks like second year was more like usual.

I know some only accept non-mercs, since only those can become citizens. Others, like PatrickLundall, have even stricter limits.

Wiki mentions that BDs topple (which is a lot faster) most furniture, only calling out in specific those 3 *shrug*

Well, rain will wash outdoors areas off, thankfully.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15