Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 39014 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Revenge Of The Weremice!
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2016, 03:11:38 pm »

And so far I have quit twice (without saving) tonight. Once from a mistake (note to all overseers, the undead don't seem to be able to open locked doors but they can open locked hatches) and another from the game telling me there was a completed wall... but there wasn't. Third time lucky? Hope so.

Edit: Nope, this time they refused to build the walls entirely even when idle. Oh and they wouldn't demolish a chest that was in the way either.

Edit 2:okay so the weremice escaped containment without going through the hatches. It just doesn't want me to do anything does it?

I'm not going to keep trying tonight, it should be working, containment hasn't been breached before, and they keep ignoring work orders that they have jobs for.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:54:34 pm by Khan Boyzitbig »
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2016, 11:01:15 pm »

Sound like you have a military alert burrow active.

That hatch-bypass...Is really unexpected and something I'll want to test myself. Can you provide the save where it is about to occur?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2016, 07:56:58 am »

Sound like you have a military alert burrow active.

That hatch-bypass...Is really unexpected and something I'll want to test myself. Can you provide the save where it is about to occur?

An alert burrow is indeed active (to prevent the dwarves escaping from safety until the walls are complete to prevent the undead coming back in through any holes).
As for the hatch bypass, not reliably able to provide such a save, the undead seem to obey the forbidden passage unless one of them is already on the other side (could be similar to BDs destroying hatches if a path bypassing it exists) and I have no idea if the weremice ignored it completely, they may have somehow been amongst the other dwarves due to using an alert burrow to get everyone to safety.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2016, 01:52:18 pm »

Okay, I know how the weremice escaped. You know the dump hatches? yeah, they climbed out through the damn things.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2016, 04:04:55 pm »

Emergency Journal of Boyzitbig

*This journal seems to be made of anything and everything*

Undead have taken the surface. We have therefore retreated below into the masonry and mechanics workshops as per directive 404 (titled Safety Not Found) and set up in the quarry zone mostly. Some open areas were dug out to encourage fungi.

Nearly 50% losses including all mercs, Memorials are being engraved for the fallen but will take some time. We number 48 Dwarves 1 Human and thankfully have pickaxes and axes.

Notable survivors include
  • Tortoise the Founder
  • Snacks the manager
  • Boyzitbig the Khan
  • The only Human Poet we gave right to remain to, his name is Esxac CharcoalTattoo.
  • Most of the "nobility" although the former Mayor died defending the surface.
Food status Critical, Drink status Urgent, Medical status Normal, Housing status None Existent

We found another Forgotten Beast called Lur Avuzos, Its in the upper caverns, good thing we didn't lower the drawbridge...

A troglodyte gave birth in a cage trap...

Weremice don't fight it seems, had to put two of them into one "cell" due to them escaping.

Almost everyone began dancing in our temporary dining hall/tavern after we averted (for now) the food crisis, we are still very short on food but we may yet survive this.
The dining hall:

Disturbingly the children are playing the the catacombs. I wonder what will become of this.
Obok Menganam (child) was taken by a fey mood and is demanding logs...

OOC: Cutting summer short by a few days (It will take some planning to get logs right now) but otherwise summer has been uneventful, the scourge has the surface (and have been slaughtering bards mercs and nobles visiting the tavern) but we are still alive.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:10:35 pm by Khan Boyzitbig »

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2016, 04:06:07 pm »

Okay, I know how the weremice escaped. You know the dump hatches? yeah, they climbed out through the damn things.

Wow, really?  It's setup like this where the hatch/hole should act like an overhang:
Code: [Select]
z+0 __h__ floor and hole with hatch
z-1 #   # open space and wall
z-2 _____

Our weremice jumped out of that?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:09:23 pm by Sanctume »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2016, 04:08:24 pm »

Looks like they did. Not sure how but that seems to be the case.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2016, 04:12:34 pm »

The quarry is near the eastern edge of the map, you can probably setup to dig up and sneak chopping some logs before the zombies get ya.

You can use doors and micro-manage locking them in between runs since zombies cannot open locked doors.

Can also dig a passage that uses hatch as entry from quarry to surface on the eastern edge.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2016, 04:15:40 pm »

The quarry is near the eastern edge of the map, you can probably setup to dig up and sneak chopping some logs before the zombies get ya.

You can use doors and micro-manage locking them in between runs since zombies cannot open locked doors.

Can also dig a passage that uses hatch as entry from quarry to surface on the eastern edge.

There is also the aquifer to consider and the undead brought crossbows and know how to use them. The caverns might be safer for a little bit of wood, Just need to rush up some walls and a bridge to keep the place safe for a long time.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2016, 04:20:53 pm »

Breaching aquifer from below is easier though, and instant mist generator, and also made simple using portable drains.  But you need log or metal for a minecart.

p.s. log walls are easier to climb.  Snacks should have focused on overhang instead of apartment complex.  Sounds like Year 3 is setup for !fun!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2016, 04:25:12 pm »

Breaching aquifer from below is easier though, and instant mist generator, and also made simple using portable drains.  But you need log or metal for a minecart.

p.s. log walls are easier to climb.  Snacks should have focused on overhang instead of apartment complex.  Sounds like Year 3 is setup for !fun!

And guess were all five forges are... I had begun to overhang the hunters' camp walls when the dead wandered in, the tavern mercs did end a few unliving though.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Arena

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2016, 04:34:40 pm »

So are there any animals left for me to Milk or should I just preoccupy myself with the lady dwarves?
Arena cancels Drink: Interrupted by Drink.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »

We have lady weremouse if that counts

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2016, 10:44:47 am »

Just to let everyone know, All of the original seven dwarves are still in the fort. Okay, two are weremice but still. Quite an achievement given the undead attack.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2016, 11:32:13 am »

I also figured out a fairly safe method of getting wood. One of the old food stockpiles is easy to seal off and has a wooden floor, easy logs.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15