Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 38979 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Winter Wrap Up! [43.05][Players needed!]
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2016, 10:57:41 am »

Tirist Alsolon <ranting in the tavern>

"I make pots. Dozens of pots. Hundreds of pots. All around us death and I am told I should make more pots. We should bury our dead. Now. Put stone around them so their souls don't float up to the sky like a swarm of keas."

Someone:

"Good idea. But I think you are forgetting something."

Tirist Alsolon:

"I am now the chief undertaker and I will bury our dead, forget the overseers, forget the customers, we got to have priorities. Listen ..."

Someone:

"Exactly, just... "

TA "Pull the levers!"
TA "All of them! Wait, only those in off-position."
TA "Hurry the overhang, use charcoal, it is the closest. Go!"

Again? God damn Necromancers! At least you should be in a better position than I was.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2016, 11:00:56 am »

How many highrise tenaments are part of our neighborhood's drive-thru?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2016, 11:11:00 am »

How many highrise tenaments are part of our neighborhood's drive-thru?
At least two.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: A Dwarven Drive-in succession/community game
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »

We have several kinds of customers here:

The "Can I have Two XXL Spiced Rums and a cheeseburger please" kind.

The "No-Trans-fat-gluten-free veggie steak with a diet cola" kind.

The "Don't move this is a robbery" kind.

The "Where did all the leg space go" kind.

And double the rich kids, it seems.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2016, 04:44:51 am »

Chapter 1: Emergency measures

Notebook of Turist Alsolon, entries up to 16th of Slate, 83

Granite 1: The undead are back. A necromancer walks around and his horde - mainly goblin corpses - keeps growing incl. some beards I used to know. I ordered the bridges raised, the overhang completed. Selfpromoted  to chief undertaker, need to be a good example.

Granite 2: All food production stopped.

Granite 3: Why did no one object to me taking control? Oh right. We locked some people outside. The six "outsiders" are Nil Idsulus, Ingish Kogannirmek, Kib Eteslorbam, Kib Boyzitbig, Kadol Osoroddom, Eral Likoturus. If they have any brains, they hide from the horde until we can think of a way to rescue them. [Made a squad and ordered them into a depression in the very east of the map. They got into a fight with a giant cardinal, beat it up, but can't finish it.]

Granite 7: They are all around us. We hear them scratching on the wooden wall. Some even in the second floor, the overhang helps, but it is not yet finished. I allow all bards, musicians etc. residence on the condition they play louder to drown out the noise beyond the wall, our sensible ones need distraction badly.

Granite 8: We had to give up finishing the overhang. Impossible to build with the undead so close. Don't see the necromancer anymore, maybe they are just pathing by and will leave us be when we don't provoke them? Evacuating to the catacombs (all but the visitors still hanging around in the tavern). [I had some zombies under the overhang where it was build, but it seemed more random, did not want to give them a visible target, eastern part was still unfinished. Look below how it worked.]

Granite 9: Emergency tunnel away from the undead drafted. That should be where the outsiders will run to. We can't just abandon them. [Deactivated squad and gave them a mobile refuge burrow that I dragged over the map, brought them to the North.]

Granite 10: "Frog, I appoint you to assistant undertaker." "But, I am the occulte frycooke." "Indeed, you are used to handling dead meat. I need you. No deep frying until we produce oil again."

Granite 14: We got 'em. Most of them. Nil Idsulus decided to charge the approaching undead the very moment we broke the surface close to the spot they were resting. Was he a hero? Eral misses a hand, bitten off by the bird they were fighting. Hope he does not meet it again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Granite 16: Undead form now two distinct groups one in the south and one in the north (where the evacuation took place).

Everyone up - the eastern side is clear. Finish the overhang!

Oh Kadol! - No one asked you to do this.

A forgotten hero:

(Pet of one of the outsiders. Sacrificed itself during the evacuation.)

Granite 24: Safety at last. The overhang is finished. [Did the last tiles with low / restricted area engineering, so they stand on tiles w/ less vision and less visible while constructing.]

Granite 25-27: Transformation time. A month has passed, but our mice are sad. They will go crazy, if left in this state any longer.

Slate 15: Things have calmed down. The corpses (on the inside) are recovered, quantum reduced (drawbridge) or buried or at least temporarily stored near the graveyard. The outside, however. We should have announced that we are temporarily closed:

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2016, 06:45:57 am »

Woah, those thugs are wielding steel axe and steel spear--that's some high grade weapons out in the streets! 

We need to take our streets back!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2016, 08:45:25 am »

A few losses was expected. At least we have the walls finished. Suggest all wood based production to be halted though, unless you want to deal with the unwelcome guests in the caverns.

I know we have Galena, mostly lead ore its true but we could make silver hammers/maces and bolts if we needed to (or drop lead stuff onto the horde), not sure how any marksdwarf will fare, last invasion brought crossbows too after all. Wonder if this was a dwarven tower, would explain the steel weapons.

We do need an organised militia though, and we need to make sure that no necromancer is around the fort. Oh and the beehives are possibly a problem, ground-level fortification could let them in, didn't during last year's siege but still, keep an eye on it.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2016, 09:07:59 am »

Indeed. Maybe it is time to upgrade for adamantine - in armor, at least.

Though, it'd surely get worn down by steel attacks.

And nice job on the overhang.

Is agerelics actually oilcooking? That's high-class compared to your usual tallow-cooking.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2016, 09:33:35 am »

Snacks set gather zone on at least 1 olive tree, because olive soap, and olive oil cooking adds flavor and style.

But the plans for a condo next to this private orchard was scrapped for the main building apartments.

Wasn't the ground fort for the beehives just a small corner wall?  Do we have mead yet?

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2016, 10:14:50 am »

At least there is quite a bit of oil around, but I halted all food production for now until I get things sorted. The bee tower is 3 stories with roof but I walled the access route  so no beekeeper is shot from outside through fortifications. For dealing with the undead I would try to use a part of all the mechanisms and cages around + get a few lead minecarts (from galena) to work on them - these are the two resources at hand. And while we have nickel minecarts I doubt I will be able to do anything involving magma in the short time and given all the other things that needs to be done. (Lol at upgrade to adamantine: we don't even have steel, yet.) A drowning trap would be easy to set up, I can do so, but it won't help at all against the opponents at hand.

I would appreciate a guide to the levers in the fort, especially the random lone ones without obvious connection.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2016, 10:52:47 am »

Far as I am aware the only lone one without (N)otes attached controls the prison gate. The other underground one will split the fortress in two and the one in the part built hunter's camp does nothing as its bridges were not built before the whole undead siege last year. Also we don't actually have leather armour never mind metal armour of any sort. Although the caged invaders from last year might have some for our use if you can remove it without letting them out that is.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2016, 11:01:54 am »

I recall Sanctume mentioned underground beekeeping once...Quick test shows that the hive doesn't lose outdoor access when the floor it uses for when it is bridged over from above, or even when the bridge is installed first and hive second (at least until saving).

Dunno how fat the embark is, but I find adamantine production is simpler than steel production usually, to the point where steel feels a little pointless.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2016, 04:01:30 pm »

This fort is so different from everything I ever made... and don't dare to rearrange the cluttered workshops because of all the stuff inside :)

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2016, 01:51:58 pm »

Hmm. When I started I had my original initfiles. I usually play without artefacts. I changed this back and got a mood shortly after, the mood required some thread I dropped to our mice... With all this going on, the game going slow and slowly processing undead in a minecart grinder ... the game crashed on me twice. I will retry.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2016, 01:55:32 pm »

Woah, a weremice got a mood?
This is our chance (for science) to have someone insane, then gets healed? maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15