Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 24901 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3
« on: September 05, 2016, 04:07:21 am »

OOC Thread

Turn 0 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~The Foundation of Zethe~

Zethean Fortress-Capital, Tartarus :

Tartarus, the Capital of Zethe. Built around an ancient fortress dating from the Gods era, this was were the kingdom of Zethe was officially created. It was not a coincidence that the King chose this place to build Tartarus.
Carved in the very heart of a mountain, this fortress formed a vast and complex set of ruins coursing through the earth.
Furthermore this place was connected to a locus of magical power, had access to water in both the form of underground and aboveground lakes and was a location inspiring an instinctive awe in the heart of all...

Under the cloudless starry sky laid the great coliseum of Tartarus. Filled to the brim with monstrous creatures of all origins, all acclaimed in a single united voice :
"Glory to Zethe ! Glory to the King ! Glory to the Monstrous Kingdom !"

Above them all, in a lounge overlooking the immense coliseum stood the King of Zethe, Radeus the Monstrous King. Though he didn't looked strong, all in his appearance exuded a feeling of power.

Standing at two meter tall, he wore a regal dark purple cloak to hide his pair of magnificent wings.
His head was adorned with two straight upright horns growing slightly above his temple.
His ebon skin contrasted with his ivory hairs, giving him an appearance of chaotic harmony.

But above all, there were his mystic golden eyes. Just looking at them could made one kneel immediately.

And with his voice that shook the very core of its listeners, the king said :
"Fellow Monsterkin, the creation of Zethe is only the first step that will lead us to the dream we all long for.
And I want to thank every one of you for putting his faith into my ideal. It is thanks to you that we can all proudly call ourselves Zetheans !
I know that together, we will create a country where all monsters will live in harmony.
I know that together we will change the world.
One day, all monsters shall work under the same banner, the banner of Zethe !"

And then a ground shattering clamor rose into the sky as all monsters present praised their king, carrying across the world the hopes of the first Zetheans...

(...)

A few hours later, in the throne room of Tartarus.

The throne room of Tartarus. Located in the heart of the mountain, this great hall held the seat of power of Zethe.
Built in a time long forgotten, the ceiling of this place was so high none could see it, giving off the impression of an infinite black sky.
In width and length, the throne room was also cyclopean in size. It was as if it was built for a race of giants.

Seated on a throne carved in the mountain itself, Radeus said to a small assembly composed of his first companions :

"My trusted companions. It's all thanks to you that we were able to create Zethe.
But our country is still a fledging one, and not every monsters of our lands have accepted my rule.
To stabilize our territory is a priority, we won't be able to unite the monsters of the world if we can't unite the monsters of our kingdom.

Thus here are my first orders to you.
Bring all monsters of Zethe under our banner.
And if you can't, crush them according to the law of the strong."

All bowed in respect and eventually left the throne room. They all gathered outside, on a balcony opening on the lake of Tartarus, the Lachero.
Supervising them was Endovar, the King's most trusted friend and advisor. His right hand.

Here they would decide their future courses of action...

NPC present :
- Endovar, King's Right Hand
- Other King's companions

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:42:54 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (4/4) - IC
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:08:16 am »

Current Players :

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:45:46 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:12:56 am »

Reminder :

Quote from: Turn Flow
Turn Flow :

Generally, the game will be broken down into Main Turns and Sub Turns.
Main Turns will roughly last 4 in-game months. A Main Turn will usually start once every player has finished what I will call a "Long-Term Action".

Example of Long Term Actions :
- attempting to conquer a country
- quelling a rebellion
- recruiting monsters
- going on an expedition

Sub Turns will be "fast" and used to execute fast paced actions such as combat and dialogue.

(see you later, need sleep)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 04:17:32 am »

Looking over the map of the kingdom Krac said

Well shall we split up and cover more ground or stick togther and work one area at a time.

Plan a recruitment journey to the Forest along with reading any info we have about the monster/humans living there
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 04:20:32 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:57:08 am »

Azarian would attempt to gain Intel about the monsters of the plains. What kind are they, primarily?
He would also set out to unify them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 08:45:38 am »

Bloops blurbled, then formed his body to somewhat resemble a tree. With that, he formed himself into something akin to a ball, and rolled out of sight.

Bloops goes to the Forests of Ylmeria and seeks amorphous, slimy beings like himself to recruit.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 11:02:42 am »

Eversor will first attempt to recruit a troop of monsters in Tartarus and its surroundings, preferably animated armors, while heading towards the Plains of Wenat.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (5/6) - IC
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 12:36:37 pm »

Ogg wandered off to Recruit Oogrs, and anything else he Encountered.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 08:50:01 pm »

Turn 1 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Trimester~

The nocturnal breeze was fresh, and only the song of the mountain wind disturbed the followers of Radeus the King.

Endovar silently listened to everyone's wishes, and noted them on a large notepad.

Endovar was a strange humanoid crossbreed between an insect and an octopus.
He stood tall and upright as a pillar. Bearing a midnight-black cloak to cover his deep sea blue chitinous exoskeleton, his overall appearance was slender.
His octopus-shaped head sported many small pale blue dots as eyes. He had no mandibles, instead having a dozen tentacles around the mouth portion of his face. All these gracefully moving appendages were covered in the same chitin as the rest of his body.
To further attest his insectile origins, he bore two pairs of neatly folded wings.
Despite all of this, his hands were rather normal, sporting four digits.

When everyone finished stating their actions, he nodded and took the parole.

"I shall report your decisions to his majesty Radeus. I do not object any of what you said, and as such, you are allowed to depart as soon as now.

May the glory shine upon your actions."

And with that, the monstrous comrades of the King each left in a different direction...

Karc the Chained Wolffolk Alpha
Looking over the map of the kingdom Krac said

Well shall we split up and cover more ground or stick togther and work one area at a time.

Plan a recruitment journey to the Forest along with reading any info we have about the monster/humans living there

Before you left, Endovar shared with you the information about the inhabitants of the Forests of Ylmeria.
"The forests of Ylmeria are known for their wide variety of monstrous lifeforms, with Beast-type and Plant-type monsters are the most frequently encountered there. The region will qualify as "Forests of Ylmeria" is actually so vast recording all the different species of its inhabitants is next to impossible as of now.

And of course, no Human nor Elves nor Racles live within Zethe's borders. We specifically chose this unexplored land, so that we may avoid the eye of the great powers of this world. At least for a time..."

Thanking him, you left for the Forests, while Bloops the Entropic Slime left for a different portion of the Forests.

Long Term Actions :
-Recruit
-Gather some Informations

• I - Information Gathering : [1]

Before reaching the forests, you inquired for any information with some citizens of Zethe. Unfortunately, all the monsters you spoke too came from different regions, and none of them knew much about them.
Worse, they only heard bizarre rumors and stories, confusing you even more about the Forest of Ylmeria.

• II - Recruitment : [4]

Eventually your arrived to your destination.

The Forests of Ylmeria. Untouched by the hand of the chosen people, left pristine and uncorrupted. These forests expanded on such a wide territory that overlooking them gave the impression of looking at a sea of verdure, as even they seemed to expand beyond the horizon.

Naturally, these lands were unstable mainly due to the immense variety of creatures and a lack of natural borders.

But because of your lack of knowledge about these lands, you got lost pretty fast and had a really hard time navigating through the sea of trees. But through your rather random journey, you still met many monsters.

Spreading the great new of the risen King, and displaying your incredible Strength, you managed to convince and acquire followers. Many of them were simple monsters moved by the ideal of the King, some were loners or outcasts looking for a leader.

Peculiar individual roll : [1]
There was no special individual among those you met.

Spoiler: Karc's Troops (click to show/hide)

• III - Unexpected Event : [5]

A month after you started your journey, you came across the territory of a strong group of Beast-type monsters. Giant lions with bristling colored manes of various and beautiful hues. They all had a different mark on their forehead.

One particularly imposing one walked to meet you.
"Trespassers. Are you our enemies or our allies ? I heard of the King who have made the fortress of the mountain his, I reckon you are one of his tenants ? What do you want ?"

He had the charismatic and strong look of a leader.

Azarian the Throughtbeast
Azarian would attempt to gain Intel about the monsters of the plains. What kind are they, primarily?
He would also set out to unify them.

Not intending to rush recklessly for this expedition, you decided to take some time to gather intelligence about the inhabitants of the Plains of Wenat.

Long Term Actions :
-Gather Intelligence
-Unify Plains of Wenat

• I - Gather Intelligence : [6]

Patiently meeting with the various residents of Tartarus, you gathered all the informations you could about the monsters of the plains.
Analyzing and crossing concordant informations, you managed to establish a decent pool of knowledge about the plains.

In the plains lived Beast-type monsters, the great majority lived in pack, some into huge herds. All monsters of the plains were nomadic in nature, though that was not very surprising. The strongest monsters of the plains were said to be the Bartoros.

Huge mammalian creatures with plated skin so hard only the hardest fangs could pierce them. They had sharp and hard tusks and horns, and a trunk not unlike those of the elephants.
Furthermore they had a telepathic bond and the ability to enter some sort of "rage mode" or "armor mode", enhancing their physical capacities.

Plains were also the hunting grounds of many Flying monsters, among them some Dragon-type monsters.
Dragons of the plains could be divided into two groups : the Celestial-subtype, who permanently lived in the sky, and Hybrid-subtype who lived on land but could fly. Though rumors of Terrestrial-subtype Dragons in the plains were not unheard of.
You also noted that these dragons were not among the strongest of monsters. They were dangerous, but not moving disasters.

What you could gather mainly was that the various monstrous groups were very wary of species outside of their owns. As nomads since countless generations, they believe the land belongs to no one.

You gathered a lot of other useful informations, which made you more than ready.

With that knowledge in mind, you prepared to leave for the plains of Wenat.
Until you realized you took your time too much during your investigation : nearly a month had passed, and you were still in Tartarus !

• II - Unexpected Event : [6]

Along your search for information, you met and caught the eye of a strange monster. A moving mass of stones, floating like a cloud.
At the center of the cloud, there was an orb bustling with magic energy.

The orb, the true body of the creature greeted you :
"Aren't you a servant of his highness too ? I am Temet, a magic researcher of Zethe. Well, we don't have a proper magic studies department or anything, but this is the future plan of his majesty."

The cloud seemed to move around in a slightly suspicious way, as if the orb was trying to make sure no one was spying on him.
"I... need some subjects for some top-secret experiments. Subjects with a high magical power. If you have some volunteers not afraid of testing the limit of their potential, call me huh ? It may open ways of strengthening our forces...

...or not."

Temet, "magic researcher" met.

Bloops the Entropic Slime
Bloops blurbled, then formed his body to somewhat resemble a tree. With that, he formed himself into something akin to a ball, and rolled out of sight.

Bloops goes to the Forests of Ylmeria and seeks amorphous, slimy beings like himself to recruit.

Long Term Actions :
-Recruit slimy beings in the Forests of Ylmeria

Heading for the Forests of Ylmeria without wasting a second, you hoped to find many slimy bros...

• I - Recruitment : [3]

You spent many weeks searching for potential subordinates in different areas of the forest where you heard lived slimes.

Your search for slimes ended up being not as effective as you hoped for, you managed to form a small group of slimy followers with the power of words and the ideals of Zethe. There were some recruitments you missed because of your... not very imposing stature.
Even for slimes, a physically strong leader tends to gather more attention.

Peculiar Individual : [2]
Your group of slime had pretty much nothing special. You only managed to recruit regular slimes after all.
Your troop was still quite colorful and varied though, slimes coming in many shapes.

Spoiler: Bloops Troops (click to show/hide)

• II - Unexpected Event : [5]

In a deep and dark place of the forest, you came across a zone of the woods infested with webs. Unsurprisingly, you were met by a species of arachnid-like monsters wearing the skulls and bones of their preys to further protect their bodies.

They seemed intrigued by your presence, not really interested in eating slimes and curious about why you would travel so far.
"Slimes... You are lucky we do not eat your kin, lest we would have ambushed and killed you. Leave our forest. Or maybe... are you related with Zethe ?"

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
Eversor will first attempt to recruit a troop of monsters in Tartarus and its surroundings, preferably animated armors, while heading towards the Plains of Wenat.

As the other monsters left, you decided to stay a little bit more in Tartarus to look for potential recruits, with a preference for your kin.
You noticed Azarian decided to hang around Tartarus too, instead of leaving quickly for foreign lands.

Long Term Actions :
-Recruit in Tartarus preferably animated armors
-Head for the Plains of Wenat

• I - Recruitment : [5]

You knew that when the King made Tartarus his, there were already monsters living in. The majority of them joined him, while the few that opposed him were crushed.

You vividly remember cutting down some of them with your trusted sword.

Among those that joined the ranks of Zethe, were a whole group of Animated Armor-type monsters. Forsaken souls bound to armors belonging to the Era of the gods, they laid in the fortress of Tartarus for eons, slumbering.

You approached them and told them of your mission. They all didn't hesitate a second to join you, as they waited eagerly for the day the kingdom would need them.

Spoiler: Eversor's Troops (click to show/hide)

Peculiar Individual: [5]

Among them were two peculiar individuals. Twin armors wielding sister blades, said to have once belonged to a single and unparalleled blade, which was broken because of its power. Those were only legends of course.

Their armors were as strange as the others, having patterns belonging to another time, and made of a metal none could understand. They also each had only one arm, but their one-handed swordsmanship was the best of their kind.

Spoiler: Esl the Crimson Arm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arp the Azure Arm (click to show/hide)

• II - For the Plains of Wenat : [6]

Afterward you headed for the Plains of Wenat. You admired this vast expanse of land for a moment, reminded of scenes of immense battles fought on such plains.

The first group of monsters you encountered upon arriving here a medium-sized herd of impressive mammalians creatures.
Sporting many horns and tusks on their head, they even had a crest shaped like a shield protecting their bodies. Their muscular and naturally armored bodies were a testament of their strength.

Upon seeing you, one of the largest and eldest one approached you. His left tusk was broken, and he bore many scars.
"I am known as Hanor the Blood Horn. You and your armored companions are in the way of my herd, leave."

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
Ogg wandered off to Recruit Oogrs, and anything else he Encountered.

Long Term Actions :
-Recruit Oogrs specifically, plus anything else

Ogg left off, seeking for Oogrs...

• I - Recruitment : [1]

Unfortunately for him, Tartarus and its surroundings were far, very far from his birthplace. And no other Oogrs were known to live close to Tartarus, or even in Zethe for that matter...

But Ogg didn't want to surrender, and spent more than a whole month looking for his kin, to no avail.
He scoured the land, meticulously asking for any Oogr's whereabouts.

At first he managed to recruit some monsters, but because of his non-existent leadership, he had difficulties holding the cohesion of his group... until they left. In the end he returned at the starting point of his search.

Only one stayed him, a lone Red Troll in the same case as Ogg. Having joined the ranks of Zethe, he was now far from his people.
He didn't care much, but emphasized with Ogg's loneliness and didn't care if he was a good leader or not.

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

• II - Unexpected Event : [4]

He ended up wandering not too far from the surroundings of the Forests of Ylmeria. There, he met an outcast from some large and primitive humanoid species, similarly to Trolls, Ogres and the like.

"I HEAR OF ZETHE. I SAY CLAN JOIN ZETHE. THEY NO WANT. I FLEE."

From what he said, you understand that his clan refused to join Zethe and that he fled.

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:04:40 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 08:50:24 pm »

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bloops Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karc's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Troops (click to show/hide)
Peculiar Individuals among Eversor's Troops :
Spoiler: Esl the Crimson Arm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arp the Azure Arm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:03:35 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (5/6) - IC - Year 0, Semester 1
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 08:59:55 pm »

Short term action: Send a summery to Eversor, who has apparently set off ahead of me.
Long term actions: Research the peoples of the shore instead, since my original objective has been taken by another.
Obviously the next step would be to unify the coastland if possible.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 09:08:12 pm »

"Join me, We search for persons to join us in bringing land under the con-troll of Zethe."
Continue trying to bring monsters under my control
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 09:23:40 pm »

Short Term:

Bloops nods in an affirmative method, blurbling quietly. He mulls over how to communicate. He hops over to the slimes in his meager patrol and communicates with them via electromagnetic waves, instructing them. Withing a few seconds, they are forming letters out of their bodies, as a group spelling out whole words.

"Yes. We are of Zethe. We are rallying troops to fight the creatures whom have wronged us so. Lord Radeus, the fair king, will draw this land into a perfect state. Join us, fight with us, and feed on the organs and bodies of our felled foes."

Recruit the arachnids to the army of Zethe, then instruct them to patrol the forest and restore *shudder* 'order'; but give them free will to kill other monsters if they see necessary or even slightly beneficial.

Long Term:

Travel to the Mountains of Orotar and find some more slimes or similar creatures to recruit. Train the slimes currently in my service, and learn all of their names; I will be close with my troops.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 11:34:52 pm »

Short term
Talk to the Giant lions

I am one of the kings trusted Packmates yes, and I am seeking strong fighters to build an army capable of protecting Zethe from human aggression as well as to reclaim the lands stolen by humans in the past. Will you join me in this noble goal?

Long term Talk to the recruits to find out where local leadership is/ where larger groups live and go talk to the leaders attempting to convince them that if they join the new kingdom then together they will never need to fear human armies again.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12