Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 25213 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 08:02:28 am »

I return to Zeth.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2016, 08:08:35 am »

"Saving a font of knowledge such as yourself is it's own reward in my eyes. However, if you feel you must pay us back, your help would be greatly appreciated."
Jobs not done yet. Get him safely back to his home and regroup with the troops before explaining our mission and the overall goal of Zethe.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:21 am »

Rin would breath deep shaking as they realized how much power devourer actually had. her personality and her control over all of her bodys original magic was probably the only thing stopping her from loosing any chance of control...right now Rin more then anything seems to calm and.. . suprisingly stay in control...for now at least.
"H-Heh that was terrifying.....H-Hey azarian you okay? "
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:55:37 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2016, 10:09:44 am »

"I am fine Rin, but a bit exhausted. Tampering with base emotions is quite stressful, much moreso than simply suppressing them. I am also not particularly fond of physical violence, but that is a story for another time."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2016, 11:07:03 am »

"....Oh that's not very good I hope you can get some sleep.

A light smile looking at the tentacled creature.....she feels strangly at ease most likely due to this creatures relative friendliness and not overly horrific appearance.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:08:42 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2016, 02:07:09 pm »

"ill take the spy job if you don't mind, id love to extract information out of our enemy's"
No sig yet

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2016, 03:32:55 pm »

"I wish to speak with your Alpha as a "diplomat" from the Monstrous Kingdom of Zethe and King Radeus himself."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2016, 03:44:37 am »

Turn 3.2 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~Third Trimester~

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
"I shall do as you ask. Farewell, Your Majesty."

Find Sullima and ask what needs to be done.

You left the throne hall and met with Sullima who was just waiting outside. You asked where your troops had gone, and what affair needed to be taken care of.
"The monsters you gathered have been directed to the barracks, let me bring you to the place."

Along the way, the slime explained you what was to be expected :
"We are still lacking news from the monsters who left for the Coast and the Mountains of Orotar, as such decision about these areas is put on hold.
Thanks to the Fays of the Ylmerian Forests, we have a concise idea of the situation out there. Hyalmenids declared open hostility toward Zethe, but didn't initiate any act compromising the security of the territories we control. We are still in the process of deciding whether or not we will attempt diplomatic actions or send armies to pacify them.
On the Wenat Plains side, it is agreed you are the best suited to pursuing its unification. The probability you will be sent there is very high. The choice should still be left to you in the end.

Wherever you go, you will need more troops. I can assist you in the recruitment process, do you have a preference for the type of your troops ?

Finally I suggest visiting the Magic branch and the Recruitment/Training branches of the army. They were created with the aim of improving the strengths of our army."

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
I return to Zeth.

• I - Returning to Tartarus :

Following the orders coming from Endovar's missive, you changed course and headed toward the Tartarus city.

After a week of walking, you reached the transformed outskirt of Tartarus. Fields of crops, habitations of various kind to accommodate the exigences of different species, and other structures you never saw before. You learnt that Eversor arrived before you, returning from the Plains of Wenat.

Not wasting much time on pondering what changed in city, you headed for the fortress. The guards you met at the entrance were a pair of large hound-like monsters. You introduced yourself to them.

"You are Sir Ogg Goreth Junger ? Ah right, we got instructions for you."

You were led to a waiting room with your only companion, and a small goblin eventually arrived.
"Lord Ogg Goreth Junger ? I am Jur, your guide. Is there anything you need before we begin ?"

[You chronologically arrived after Eversor recruited his troops and was shown around by Sullima]

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
"Saving a font of knowledge such as yourself is it's own reward in my eyes. However, if you feel you must pay us back, your help would be greatly appreciated."
Jobs not done yet. Get him safely back to his home and regroup with the troops before explaining our mission and the overall goal of Zethe.
Rin would breath deep shaking as they realized how much power devourer actually had. her personality and her control over all of her bodys original magic was probably the only thing stopping her from loosing any chance of control...right now Rin more then anything seems to calm and.. . suprisingly stay in control...for now at least.
"H-Heh that was terrifying.....H-Hey azarian you okay? "

"You seem to have plans with me. I may owe you my life but don't take it for granted that I will answer to any of your demands."

To Safety : [1]
The job was indeed not done, as the old Segas couldn't move fast due to its extensive wounds. Turned into a vulnerable group, you found yourself ambushed by monsters of all kind. Some like the ones you just fought, other like none you saw, looking like spiked holothurians with a gaping mouth.

[4] Fortunately the Watchers kept their keen eye wary, and saw the ambush coming. As such they coordinated the troops to converge to your position as assistance. Upon seeing the tables turned, the ambushers fled from the scene, unwilling to risk their lives for one meal.

(...)

You were eventually all back to Segas cave, and Geluminbel asked about your safety :
"Were you harmed lord Azarian ? We made as fast as we could once we realized hostiles were likely intending to ambush you."

After answering to the Watcher you explained to Segas the Pagurus Warlord what were your and Zethe's goals, with Berache intervening to support your claims.

[3+(Int)2] "So you are asking me to help you unite the monsters of the shore for your king. Your goal please me, it is noble and ambitious. Yet I see a calculative and cold being within this emotionless appearance. How fitting of the powers you demonstrated back then.

Now say, how do you intend to succeed in your goal ? You seem to be smart enough to have realized these lands could only be conquered by force with a massive army. I hope."

Emily the Bard Siren
"ill take the spy job if you don't mind, id love to extract information out of our enemy's"

It brown creature nodded once more.
"Perfect, just follow me, I will show you the way. Name's Oobooroch."

Oobooroch moved rather fast for its strange appearance. He briefed you a bit as you walked together.
"As I said, the intelligence department is only in infancy stage. Lord Endovar is still the official head of this department, as is the case for all young departments. It is a temporary solution of course, and a proper head will be chosen in due time. Keep that in mind."

You were led to a room in the fortress, where a handful of monsters waited. Among them was a harpy, a spectral undead, some sort of panther and a fay.
"Your future coworkers." whispered your guide.

He left you here, telling you to wait a moment. This moment lasted half an hour, following which an insectile monster arrived.
"Greeting all, I am Endovar. You have all been selected to join the intelligence department, and together we will try to tailor your assignments."

He drew from a scroll holder a document which he laid on the table. It was basically a map.
"Those are the nearby lands. From there to there are the Forests of Ylmeria, here are the Mountains of Orotar, these are the Plains of Wenat, this is the coast and those are the future frontiers of the kingdom. Tartarus is right there.

We lack informations about the Mountains, the Coast, the Plains to some extent and the future frontier.
Thanks to the Fays of Ylmeria's Forests, we have a great grasp of the situation in these lands. Hyalmenids are our main enemies there.

Depending on the situation and place, you may be sent alone or with a partner. Or you may accompany and support one of our armed groups. Or even stay here.

Any question ?"

Rakar the Lryka
"I wish to speak with your Alpha as a "diplomat" from the Monstrous Kingdom of Zethe and King Radeus himself."

Take me to your alpha: [5]
"Follow us. Your companions will stay here though."

A griffin led you to a small plateau while the other came to seek their alpha. In a short time, a massive Griffin with copper wings landed in front of you.
"I heard a diplomat wanted to meet me, what do you want ?"

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2016, 03:45:44 am »

Players Status

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Troops (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Esl the Crimson Arm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arp the Azure Arm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakar's Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crin Form (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Human Form (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Emily the Bard Siren (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:58:58 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2016, 07:01:54 am »

"I'd prefer my soldiers to be undead, like myself."

Recruit more troops. Then go to the Training branch. I need to improve my Leadership.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2016, 09:47:15 am »

"Indeed Segas, though I managed to get a head start on it due to a meeting with the mentaloise,who listened to my intent. Most of the people here follow the law of the strong, and I will need to return home soon to request an army.
As for me being cold and calculating? No, I am not cold. I feel emotion, and I care for those under my leadership, as poor as it may be. I merely judge the most efficient way of completing my objective with minimal cost.
Now, regardless of what happens, I ask that you stay safe. It wouldn't be right for us to go and find out you got into a fight you couldn't handle."

let the sage decide what he will do, and then depart. Go back to the mentaloise and ask for the envoys that are to head to the kingdom.
(Weren't the brainwashed turtles returned to their people?)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2016, 09:57:20 am »

Rin heads back with her friend.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2016, 12:42:52 pm »

http://imgur.com/xgGUH9Q

a fan map of Zethe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:44:57 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:59 pm »

We Not Eaten Well in Many Suns, Take me to Food!
Probably off To Eat While I Wait.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:55 pm »

"May I take the job on the coast? as you can probably tell it would be a good and strategic idea for me to be near water" She says twirling a small ring of water around her finger Slowly start seducing some of my co workers
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:16:00 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12