Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 25196 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (5/6) - IC - Year 0, Semester 1
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 11:57:28 pm »

Turn 1.1 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Semester~

Azarian the Throughtbeast
Short term action: Send a summery to Eversor, who has apparently set off ahead of me.

Sending a summary : [4]

Compiling the gathered knowledge into a compact scroll, you sent a messenger to Eversor, knowing this summary would be more useful to him now.

A flying messenger was chosen, naturally. A harpy of some sort, petite and slender, she was said to be one of Zethe's fastest messengers.

She set off quickly to deliver her message.

[Messenger Sent]

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
"Join me, We search for persons to join us in bringing land under the con-troll of Zethe."

Recruiting : [3]
The humanoid monster seemed to think for a moment, as if gauging your strength. Eventually he said :
"I JOIN YOU."

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

Bloops the Entropic Slime
Short Term:

Bloops nods in an affirmative method, blurbling quietly. He mulls over how to communicate. He hops over to the slimes in his meager patrol and communicates with them via electromagnetic waves, instructing them. Withing a few seconds, they are forming letters out of their bodies, as a group spelling out whole words.

"Yes. We are of Zethe. We are rallying troops to fight the creatures whom have wronged us so. Lord Radeus, the fair king, will draw this land into a perfect state. Join us, fight with us, and feed on the organs and bodies of our felled foes."

Recruit the arachnids to the army of Zethe, then instruct them to patrol the forest and restore *shudder* 'order'; but give them free will to kill other monsters if they see necessary or even slightly beneficial.

The spider seemed to sigh.
"I forgot slimes couldn't speak the monstrous tongue."

He watched patiently as you transmitted them the message, and kept communicating this way.

In the name of the King : [6]
The arachnid nodded.
"I see, those are great news indeed. We Websivons heard of the Monstrous King and his vision some times ago, and our clan chose to side with him. We would be foolish to oppose the one who tamed the fortress of the mountain...
We will send an envoy to attest of our allegiance."

Then you gave them "instructions".
"I reckon the King would be pleased the more we will kill then ?... Marvelous ! We shall present many heads and bones to your King, as proof of our loyalty.

Brothers ! Sisters ! The hunt is open !"

Many screams and clinking sounds were heard across the woods, as the Websivon spiders rejoiced at this announcement.

You said to restore order. Seeing this overboard reaction, it seems anarchy and chaos will come instead...

[Websivon clan rallied to Zethe's cause]

Karc the Chained Wolffolk Alpha
Short term
Talk to the Giant lions

I am one of the kings trusted Packmates yes, and I am seeking strong fighters to build an army capable of protecting Zethe from human aggression as well as to reclaim the lands stolen by humans in the past. Will you join me in this noble goal?

Attempt to recruit : [4]
"So you are do serve the King Radeus. I met him many moons ago, when he was still gathering allies.
He showed us his determination and strength, but we weren't ready yet to forgo our pride and bow in front of him.

But now... is different. He tamed the mountain. He is going to achieve feats we can't even imagine..."

You mentioned Humans.
"Humans ?... Did he think that far ahead ?..."

He paused for a moment, and then suddenly roared, laughing loudly.
"Hahaha ! Is this the birth of a new era ? We Ylmerian Lions shall join the Kingdom of Zethe !

But we can't become your army. You are not the King, only one of his subordinates. I will only acknowledge the King's word, and shall go meet him as soon as now. All I can give you is five of our warriors, as proof of my good faith."

Five Ylmerian Lions joined your troops.
Ylmerian Lions rallied to Zethe's cause.

Spoiler: Karc's Troops (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:04:53 am by Nakéen »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Semester 1
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 12:31:08 am »

Give some parting words to the lions

You are a wise and strong leader but before you go I am looking for other groups who would be willing to join our new Kingdom do you know of any?.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 05:48:22 am »

"Why don't we duel for a while first? You look like a good challenge."

Challenge Hanor to a duel.

"And how about a friendly wager on top of it? If I win, you and your herd will pledge allegiance to my liege, King Radeus of Zethe."

((If a Main Turn lasts 4 months, shouldn't it be Trimester 1 in the thread title?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 07:06:12 am »

Short Term:

Bloops was delighted. All this disorder around him. He felt confident. Turning to his slimes, he began training his troops.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 1
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »

Turn 1.2 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Trimester~

((Yeah, Trimester not Semester. Can't believe I made such a huge mistake...))

Long term actions: Research the peoples of the shore instead, since my original objective has been taken by another.
Obviously the next step would be to unify the coastland if possible.[/b]

Long Term Actions :
-Research monsters of the shore
-Unify coastland

<Coming soon, on Turn 2.>

Continue trying to bring monsters under my control

Long Term Actions :
-Recruit

<Coming soon, on Turn 2.>

Give some parting words to the lions

You are a wise and strong leader but before you go I am looking for other groups who would be willing to join our new Kingdom do you know of any?.

Information Gathering : [6]

The Lion answered :
"There are, but they won't rally to your King's cause as easily as I did. They didn't meet him, only heard of his power.

As such, they will have to be convinced."

He told you of three major groups prone to joining Zethe.

The Hyalmenids, a species of huge insects feeding on elemental power. Led by many Hive Queens, and a single Hive King.
The Fay, a species of humanoid fairy-like creatures highly attuned to the forest. They had no proper leader, but were a united people.
The Websivons, a species of arachnids known for putting on the bones of their kills as armor and trophies. Led by a clan leader, chosen through battle.

Long Term Actions :
-Go to meet leaders

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
"Why don't we duel for a while first? You look like a good challenge."

Challenge Hanor to a duel.

"And how about a friendly wager on top of it? If I win, you and your herd will pledge allegiance to my liege, King Radeus of Zethe."

((If a Main Turn lasts 4 months, shouldn't it be Trimester 1 in the thread title?))
((Oooops))

Challenge to a Duel : [2]
The mighty creature stomped on the ground furiously :
"Are you making a fool out of me, Armor ?! We are the Bartoros clan of the Fifth Horn, and none will tell you what to do ! "

He then walked threateningly toward you, and said :
"I will give you your "duel". By crushing you to mere smithereens with the power of the Bartoros."

[Individual combat engaged, state your actions.]

Long Term Actions :
-Head for Plains of Wenat

Short Term:

Bloops was delighted. All this disorder around him. He felt confident. Turning to his slimes, he began training his troops.
...and learn all of their names; I will be close with my troops.

For now, you learnt of their names. Parting with the Websivons, you headed for the mountains of Orotar.

Your slimy recruits had nothing outstanding, not even in name. In typical slime fashion, they had simple names, generally describing some characteristic of their anatomy.

As forest-born slimes, they were predominantly green and brown, but some of them displayed other colors.

4 Green Slimes : [Partway between blob and puddle]
-Green > silent, likes shrooms
-Green > creative, hates fruits
-Slimy > ambitious, likes everything
-Greeny > very shy

1 Yellow Slime : [Partway between blob and puddle]
-Mellow > violent, short-fused

1 Deep Brown Pudding Slime : [Tall and large blob]
-Pudding > friendly, peacemaker

2 Green Blobs : [Uniform blob]
-Bloopser > silent, kind of dumb
-Leaf > bigger than usual, more gluttonous than usual

1 Pink Amoeba : [Many small flagella-like appendages, uniform body]
-Candy > outgoing and cheerful

1 Brown Puddle : [Very Liquid, like a puddle]
-Sploosh > reckless, careful with food

Long Term Actions :
-Travel to Orotar
-Recruit preferably slimes
-Train Troops and Self
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:05:05 am by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 12:16:53 pm »

((I knew that a bad roll was coming after that 5, 5, 6 combo.))

"Oh? Crushing me is not an easy task."

Open up with a Wave of Death. Then keep cutting him until he surrenders. Or if surrendering is unacceptable to him - until he dies.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:18:31 pm by Hawk132 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 12:19:24 pm »

Bloops tries to slightly augment the morale of his troops by having a heart-to-heart conversation with them.

Or rather, gelatinous core to gelatinous core.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 12:40:40 pm »

Turn 1.3 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Trimester~

((I knew that a bad roll was coming after that 5, 5, 6 combo.))

"Oh? Crushing me is not an easy task."

Open up with a Wave of Death. Then keep cutting him until he surrenders. Or if surrendering is unacceptable to him - until he dies.
((Well, saw the starting troops you got ? Basically a full corps of elite soldiers))

Battle Start !

Round 1 :
Eversor -Wave of Death- [Mag:0] : [4]

A wave of black-white wind got expelled from your position, forming an expanding circle. Pointing your sword at the charging behemoth, you focused the "Death Energy" and shot it.

Hanor shivered and felt his body becoming cold as the attack landed, but resisted. Feeling his vigor weakening, he let out a furious trumpet sound. Soon, he arrived to your height.

Hanor -Impale- [Str:5] : [3+5] [8]
Eversor -Sword Slash- [Str:4] : [5+4] [9]

You grinned. Hanor's charge was already weakened from your attack, and you could read his movements to some extent.

Taking the full hit in, you put all your strength into stopping the attack, as testament of your overwhelming strength.
You kinda underestimated the Bartoros might, but still held of your ground.

"You...!" he said with rage. The other Bartoros were impressed by your incredible feat.

Raising your sword with one hand while holding his unbroken tusk with the other, you mercilessly slashing at his armored face.
The armored skin first broke, then flesh was torn off, and finally blood gushed out of the wounds.

Hanor -Armor Mode- : [6]

Something unexpected happened, his skin suddenly turned harder than steel, repelling your assault. His whole body increased in size and his skin turned black.
Taking some distance, you noticed that the Bartoros seemed thoroughly exhausted. If it kept going, you were sure to win.

Surrender Offer : [2]
"A Fifth Horn member never surrender ! " he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Bloops tries to slightly augment the morale of his troops by having a heart-to-heart conversation with them.

Or rather, gelatinous core to gelatinous core.

Increase Morale : [2]

You spoke to your troops, attempting to have an open-hearted conversation with them.

But they didn't really have an interest in speaking of their goals and problems in life. Actually they didn't have much, apart from surviving.

The morale stood unchanged, but you did learn a bit more about them. They were all born in this forest, and spent rather uneventful lives.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 12:46:11 pm »

Attempt to improve morale by invigorating the troops with hope for the future. They may have had a boring past, but that shall all end now.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »

((Guess I forgot to mention that Wave of Death was intended to be used with STR, since it's the sword's magic, rather than Eversor's. Eh, it's fine this way too.))

((And yeah, Animated Armor soldiers are even better than I expected. That 16 combat rating is awesome. And there's 15 of them.))

"To the death, then!"

He armored himself up, eh? Then change my grip on the sword and execute a murderstroke.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 01:38:46 pm »

Short term: Look for small/weak groups to Attack, and Bridges to hold.
Long Term: You should know already.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 06:22:54 pm »

Head out to go parlay with The Fay
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 07:25:19 pm »

Turn 1.4 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Trimester End~

Long term actions: Research the peoples of the shore instead, since my original objective has been taken by another.
Obviously the next step would be to unify the coastland if possible.[/b]

Long Term Actions :
-Research monsters of the shore
-Unify coastland

• I - Information Gathering : [6]
Knowledge is power, preparations are keys in a campaign. Holding this credo in high esteem, you thought at the foolishness of your comrades, who rushed what you would call recklessly in the unknown.

But the king had faith in them, so they probably had some skills.

You dove once again in deep research, accumulating all the information you could about the monsters of the shore.
Many weeks passed, and eventually months had gone. It was already the third month of the year !

However, this time wasn't spent idly. You accumulated a good deal of intelligence about the inhabitants of Zethe's shores.

Zethe's shore were controlled by a numerous species of the sea called the Neritians. Not really united, but pacific toward their own kind, they were a species of beings made of liquid close to a slime body.
They were composed of an external "hard liquid" carapace, green to yellow colored due to being photosynthetic in nature. Then the interior of their bodies was made of "soft liquid", that they could manipulate and turn into many forms.

Few info on their view of Zethe, or even their propensity to join the kingdom was available. The kingdom was in dire lack of marine fighters.

Competing with the Neritians were many other species, mainly of Crustacean-type [Crabs, Hermit Crabs...], though some competitors were of the Reptile-type [Great Turtle-like monsters mainly].
The other monsters were even less united than Neritians, and as such a display of great strength was advised to make them join Zethe. Casualties may or may not be expected, depending on the success of the strength display.
Diplomacy or dialogue was ill-advised as counterproductive, as convincing each individuals would probably lead to a needlessly long campaign.

All this intense Information Gathering made you better at, well, Information Gathering.

• II - To the Coastland : [6]

Before you could properly leave for the coastland, you received a written message from Endovar.

"Azarian, I heard you were doing well. I applaud your careful demeanor, your intelligence gathering won't go forgotten.

I have a special assignment for you. We captured a monster deemed dangerous to the kingdom, but his highness Radeus seemed to have a plan in mind.

It is a Devourer, with the peculiar characteristic of having absorbed a human. Maybe we could put it to use, but I believe you are the best suited to keep an eye on him. Your fragmented consciousness should render you impervious to the Devourer.

Come see me if you accept my mission."

Mission got: keep an eye on Devourer (AbstractTraitorHero)

Continue trying to bring monsters under my control
Short term: Look for small/weak groups to Attack, and Bridges to hold.
Long Term: You should know already.

Long Term Actions :
-Recruit
-Hold bridges / Attack weak groups

• I - Wandering : [4]
Thirsty for battle, you looked for easy foes. Thus you left the peaceful surroundings of Tartarus, delving closer to the Forests of Ylmeria.

As for bridge, you didn't find any. Such infrastructure was impossible to find in the savage lands, and only in the lands around Tartarus were bridges started to be built.

The Green Ogre had an idea. He led you to a smaller clan of his kin, explaining you that if they were beaten into submission, they would surely join you.

And after some days of searching, you found their dwellings in a part of the forest. Wasting no time, they came out of their homes to attack you.

Skirmish Initiated !

Spoiler: Green Ogre Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

Attempt to improve morale by invigorating the troops with hope for the future. They may have had a boring past, but that shall all end now.

Long Term Actions :
-Travel to Orotar
-Recruit preferably slimes
-Train Troops and Self

• I - Improve Morale :
[2]
You attempted to rouse the slimes by telling them of the many great things to come, of a future brighter than they could imagine.

You said this passionately, as they digested some fruits and dead plant matter lying around.

Morale Unchanged

• II - Training on the way to Orotar : [5]
You devise an ingenious, efficient and effective training program as you walk toward the mountains.

You think, the journey is going to be long, might as well make the most out of it.

So you ordered the slimes to travel while carrying heavy and unbalanced trunks, boulders and the like.
To motivate them further, the first one would get priority on the next meal.

Taking into account the characteristics of your troops, you adapted the training daily. Furthermore, seeing their own progress increased their morale !

Troops Combat Rating increased by 1
Morale is now Very Good

• III - Recruitment : [6]
As you progressed onward to the Mountains of Orotar, you met some strong slimes who accepted to join you.

Enormous Toxic Protoslimes, deemed savage and aggressive for slimes, they are known to usually attack anything organic to further increase their poisonous potential.
Named Cyanure and Waste.

Seeing them joining your troops made the other slimes feel uneasy, lessening their morale.

Morale is now Decent

Spoiler: Bloops Troops (click to show/hide)

((Guess I forgot to mention that Wave of Death was intended to be used with STR, since it's the sword's magic, rather than Eversor's. Eh, it's fine this way too.))

((And yeah, Animated Armor soldiers are even better than I expected. That 16 combat rating is awesome. And there's 15 of them.))

"To the death, then!"

He armored himself up, eh? Then change my grip on the sword and execute a murderstroke.
((Noted your intent, will see how I handle it later.))

Ongoing Battle :

Eversor -Mordhau- [Str4]: [6+4] [10]
Swapping your grip, you rose your sword above your head.

And with a swift and powerful blow, you landed a shattering strike on your opponent's skull with the pommel of the blade.

But the impact was so strong that even your own body shook in response.
Part of your pommel broke off, and you felt yourself trembling, stunned and in great pain.

The backlash was unusually strong, as if this strange armor reflected back damage to you.

Hanor fell, his skull caved in.

You lifted your sword high, as proof of your victory.

• I - Duel Outcome : [2]
Immediately, the furious roars of the Bartoros rose on the plain. They charged toward you and your group, ready to avenge their leader.

Skirmish Initiated !

Your troops prepared for the fight, waiting for orders.

Spoiler: Bartoros Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Troops (click to show/hide)
Peculiar Individuals among Eversor's Troops :
Spoiler: Esl the Crimson Arm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arp the Azure Arm (click to show/hide)

Head out to go parlay with The Fay

Long Term Actions :
-Go to meet the Fay

• I - Diplomatic Visit : [5]
You travel to the territory of the Fays. The forest there is noticeably different, with plant-life brimming with life and vigor.

The trees, the grass, everything seems to be observing your group as you walk through. Eventually the Fays show themselves to you.
Petite humanoids not taller than a young human, they had glossy skin, some lime, some pale green, some white...
They floated with their dragonfly-like glasswings, and a group of them approached you.

"Hi, what do you want in our woods ? If this is blood that you seek, search elsewhere. We don't seek troubles, and only long for harmony."

Newcomers

Meanwhile, back at Tartarus..

In a pure black room stood a shifting being of blackness. Sometime, his figure became small and humanoid.

A voice echoed in the room, directed at the being :
"Why do you want to join Zethe ? Answer, Devourer."

The being didn't know whose voice it was, but it was cold and commandeering.

[AbstractTraitorHero may post]

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:05:29 am by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 07:30:12 pm »

"GRAAAAA!!!"
Me Smash Puny Oger Leader!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 07:48:25 pm »

Bloops continues recruiting, but also begins to gather information using his already existing troops. He uses this opportunity to train his troops in the way of tactics; whoever is the most efficient at collecting information gets a reward. He cautiously monitors the state of the more aggressive slimes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12