Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 25257 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 1
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »

(I'm a Front line leader yet I'm having the most success talking people to my side. I'm going to need to put some points in intelligence  :P)
Be an understanding monster and ask them to join the support network

Greeting's I do not come to bring war but rather an offer of peace. You may of heard of a great kingdom of monsters being built nearby. I am a trusted packmate of the king and am looking for strong monsters who are tired of conflict and wish to join the kingdom that will protect them from human aggression. Will you join us and create a new future for monsterkind one without fear of constant attack?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 11:53:30 pm »

(All these sixes! I don't even.. So many though!)
short term: Report in to the king's right hand to confirm and accept the mission. Also suggest that they send the devourer to the coast, where his research will prove useful.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:00:19 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 07:07:26 am »

"Erp, Asl - you're with me. Spears, bows, crossbows - break their charge. The rest of you support the spears."

Relay my orders. Slow them down with a Wave of Death.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 07:17:43 am »

A twitch and a sound of both annoyance and also..... slightly after strangely muted and hard to hear a sound of revulsion and fear?
Where did you take me!?
The creation known as devourer looks annoyed for a few moments and in a mangled female voice of some sorts clearly trying to ignore whatever it was that annoyed them.
"Simple this king will grow strong and i will almost assuredly be able to get more to eat.Plus my services may be quite useful to the king so it's a win win I suppose."
Do the above
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:27:06 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2016, 03:39:50 am »

Turn 2 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~Second Trimester~

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
"GRAAAAA!!!"
Me Smash Puny Oger Leader!!!

Skirmish -Round 1- :

Initiative to Ogg's Troops ! [Surprise Attack]

Ogg -Attack Enemy Leader- [Str2] : [3+2] [5]
Adult Green Ogre -Counterattack- [Str2] : [6+2] [8]

"INTRUDERS ! RAAARGH !"

You rush at the enemy leader and throw a powerful right punch at his face. The Green Ogre partially protect his face, roughly reducing the power of your punch by half.
Immediately the Ogre counterattacks with a perfect uppercut. It lands perfectly on your horn to devastating results on both sides.

The Ogre's hand get broken on the horn, while you are heavily stunned by the impact.

Both groups lose some confidence upon seeing their leaders in a sorry state.

Both groups morale down to Decent

Ogg's Troops : (2d6) [3+3] + (CR) 14 — 20
Green Ogres Forces : (2d6) [3+4] + (CR) 8 — 15

The Ogres clash with Ogg's followers.
Confident in the traditional tactic of "hit until it doesn't move" and knowing nature blessed them with hands to punch, punch meets punch and club meets club in this messy melee.

Ogg's trio clearly has a slight upper hand, mainly thanks to Ogg's strength.

At the end of the first and lengthly exchange, 1 Adult Green Ogre has been taken down.

Having drawn the first blood, Ogg and his pals rejoice. Morale is now Good
On the contrary, the Ogres are getting increasingly scared. Morale is now Feeble

Green Ogres Morale Roll : [4]
The Green Ogres stand forth despite slightly losing, their desire to protect their homes is stronger than their fear !

Spoiler: Green Ogre Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

Bloops the Entropic Slime
Bloops continues recruiting, but also begins to gather information using his already existing troops. He uses this opportunity to train his troops in the way of tactics; whoever is the most efficient at collecting information gets a reward. He cautiously monitors the state of the more aggressive slimes.

Long Term Actions :
1-Travel to Orotar
2-Recruit preferably slimes
3-Gather Information
3a-Train Troops

• I - Recruitment : [2]

You didn't came across any slime as you got closer to the mountains. Now you already reached the external areas of the Forests, and the mountains grew closer.

All you managed to recruit was a single lesser earth elemental named Lopoil. Made of soil, she lived in the forest and bet she would live longer with your group than alone.

• II - Information Gathering : [1]

Along your way to the mountains, you sent your troops to gather various informations. You intended for it to be a double gain : you would gain information and your companions would learn a lot.

But it didn't turn out as you would have hoped.

The first day, you sent everyone for the training.
Pudding, Candy and Green (the silent) never came back.

This disappearance greatly reduced the morale and loyalty of your slimes.
Morale and Loyalty now Bad

Slimes Loyalty : [2]
It could have ended here. But it didn't, some slimes got so doubtful of you that they decided to leave your party.

Bloops Leadership [Lea2] : [1+2] [3]
Nothing you could say to them would make them change their minds. Greeny, Bloopser and Mellow are going to leave.

Spoiler: Bloops Troops (click to show/hide)

Karc the Chained Wolffolk Alpha
(I'm a Front line leader yet I'm having the most success talking people to my side. I'm going to need to put some points in intelligence  :P)
Be an understanding monster and ask them to join the support network

Greeting's I do not come to bring war but rather an offer of peace. You may of heard of a great kingdom of monsters being built nearby. I am a trusted packmate of the king and am looking for strong monsters who are tired of conflict and wish to join the kingdom that will protect them from human aggression. Will you join us and create a new future for monsterkind one without fear of constant attack?

• I - Diplomatic Visit : [Previous 5 override]

"Is it too good to be true ? A king who would preach harmony and coexistence over injustice and violence ? The Fay species will be your allies, the word of the new will spread. The Forest will make known the name of your king."

Then the Fay added :
"We are not born to fight, as such won't be able to lend you a hand in your mission. But if it is information you need, we can be of help."

Fays rallied to Zethe's cause

Rin/Devourer the Crin
A twitch and a sound of both annoyance and also..... slightly after strangely muted and hard to hear a sound of revulsion and fear?
Where did you take me!?
The creation known as devourer looks annoyed for a few moments and in a mangled female voice of some sorts clearly trying to ignore whatever it was that annoyed them.
"Simple this king will grow strong and i will almost assuredly be able to get more to eat.Plus my services may be quite useful to the king so it's a win win I suppose."
Do the above

"You are in Tartarus, the capital of Zethe our kingdom. More precisely, you are confined in a high-security cell of the Tartarus."

Then the voice answered to the female voice in the still cold dead tone.
"You may indeed be of use to the king, as he deemed himself so. In his unfathomable understanding, he gave you a chance when you should have been destroyed.

You are free, on account of serving us.

And if you were to break the most important Law of Zethe "No citizen of Zethe shall kill another citizen of Zethe", then no one, not even our King would have mercy of you."

The door suddenly slammed open, filling the room with light and dazzling you.

Azarian the Throughtbeast
(All these sixes! I don't even.. So many though!)
short term: Report in to the king's right hand to confirm and accept the mission. Also suggest that they send the devourer to the coast, where his research will prove useful.

Not wanting to make Endovar wait too long, you promptly went to meet him directly.

He waited you in one the many great halls of Tartarus. He wasn't alone, with him were two floating mass of purple flesh with hundred human-like eyes all over the body.

"So you came Azarian. I am glad that you accepted my request.
Churateth, Geluminbel, this is Azarian your superior.
Azarian, those are Chura'tathor and Geluminbel. They are called Stalking Watchers. They are part of our surveillance network, and are now under your orders."

He led you in front of a door sealed with chains and magical glyphs.
"Behind is our "guest". A creature calling itself a Crin.
At first we wanted to destroy it before it could become a threat to us, but his majesty saw otherwise. He said that all monsters should have a chance in Zethe.

While I disagreed with the decision, the king's word is absolute. As such I chose you to monitor the creature. It can take over beings, steal their appearance and personality. If I were one, you couldn't even know for example... You realize the danger such an abomination represent to the internal peace of our kingdom ? I never saw such a power before, even though I saw many, many things in my long life."

He approached the door and touched the glyphs in a certain order. Then all the symbols started shining, the chains trembled vigorously and the door shattered.

Behind the door was a twisted creature whose form evoked only evil.

"Devourer. You will serve under Azarian. Assist him well, for the glory of Zethe."

Spoiler: Azarian's Troops (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
"Erp, Asl - you're with me. Spears, bows, crossbows - break their charge. The rest of you support the spears."

Relay my orders. Slow them down with a Wave of Death.

Skirmish -Round 1- :

Erp and Asl answered in unison :
"Understood."
"Understood."

Your other soldiers answered silently, moving in position according to your orders.

Eversor -Wave of Death- [Str4] : [2+4] [6]
Before the forces clashed, you focused your strength in your sword arm. When energy had gathered enough within your sword, you swept it in a circular motion, unleashing a Wave of Death on the charging Bartoros.

But as you executed this motion, you felt your power waning. A weakness in your legs made you tremble : you realized the previous battle didn't leave you undamaged, and you just realized the extent of the damage.

Your attack collided with the Bartoros, but being much weaker than the first one, it barely slowed them.

Preemptive Attack ! [Ranged]
Eversor's Troops : (2d6) [6+1] + (CR) 32 + (LEA) 4 + (Morale) 16 — 59

With great synchronization, the Animated Armors drew enormous crossbows and fired a single volley. The powerful shots pierced the plated skin of more than one Bartoros, incapacitating 6 of them.

Bartoros morale dropped to Good

Your soldiers then drew their spears, forming a frontline and bracing themselves for the impact.

Melee Engaged !
Eversor's Troops : (2d6) [6+5] + (CR) 32 + (LEA) 4 + (Morale) 16 + (Tactic) 16— 79
Bartoros Troops : (3d6) [6+2+5] + (CR) 45 + (LEA) 6 + (Morale) 10 — 74

The Armors and the Bartoros clashed with intense violence. Spears pierced and broke against the strong plated skins, and so did the tusks on the ancient metal.
Standing their ground, the Armors stopped the charge and immediately launched a counterattack, drawing swords, axes and hammers for those whose spears broke.

Standing beside you, Esl and Arp danced with their swords around their powerful enemies.

After the initial confrontation, 5 Armors got taken down and 25 Bartoros joined the casualties.

Eversor's troops morale is now Good
Bartoros morale is now Disastrous

The remaining Bartoros immediately surrendered upon realizing the slaughter that just happened.
Their lives are in your hands.

This victory had great effect on your troops morale. Morale is now Great

Skirmish Over
Eversor's Casualties Status : [4]
The incapacitated Animated Armors got taken care off once the battle was over. Despite being unconscious, they didn't suffer fatal injuries. They will recover in time.
[+5 Injured Armors]

Bartoros Casualties Status : [3]
Thanks to their sturdy body, some Bartoros survived despite having their bodies bleeding all over.
[+15 Injured Bartoros]

Spoiler: Bartoros Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Troops (click to show/hide)
Peculiar Individuals among Eversor's Troops :
Spoiler: Esl the Crimson Arm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arp the Azure Arm (click to show/hide)

Newcomers

There were always peculiar individuals in species. Outcasts, different from their kin.

You were one of those, having left your home to travel as a mercenary. You were more treated like a slave by the major people, but you didn't care as long as you could fight.

As you thought of your past, a spectral knight materialized in front of you.

"A message from lord Endovar. You are to participate in the pacification of Zethe's inner territory."

[Atian the Elephantman God may post]

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:05:56 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 03:42:13 am »

Players Status

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bloops Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karc's Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Troops (click to show/hide)
Peculiar Individuals among Eversor's Troops :
Spoiler: Esl the Crimson Arm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arp the Azure Arm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crin Form (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Human Form (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:12:32 am by Nakéen »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 04:03:48 am »

Short turn
I - Diplomatic Visit :
The King needs armies so we may remain free from any who preach violence but not all are suited to fighting and he is wise enough to realize that monsters of all skills and types will be needed for a true kingdom.

If you could provide information, guides or assistance for my trips to the Hyalmenids and the Websivons it would be greatly appreciated. I would rather be able to convince them to join peacefully if possible

Continue to the Hyalmenids and Websivons leaders for peace talks.

Long turn
Same as above but recruit as I go along

(I'm going to say that Krac got some lessons in diplomacy from the King and if this keeps up I'm going to throw a feast as celebration.)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 2
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 06:19:18 am »

"I shall give you another chance, Bartoros. Pledge yourself to Zethe... or perish."

Should they join, get the locations of any major leaders in the Plains from them. If they keep being stubborn, slaughter them.

Take some time to recuperate our wounds before venturing forth in our quest to subjugate the Plains. If we need the support of blacksmiths to fix ourselves, come back to Tartarus.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2016, 07:18:56 am »

Bloops convinces his deserting soldiers to stay. He promises to take all his troops back to Tartarus for a while if they remain.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 08:33:31 am »

"Devourer, I am Azarian, and I am assigned to keep you out of trouble. I will attempt to answer any questions you have, but we will be departing immediately."
depart for the shores of zethe with the watchers, and the devourer. Have one watcher attempt to scout ahead for any large groups.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2016, 09:27:29 am »

Light airy unbroken sounding clearer and less mangled then Devourer's thought's
....please help me.
The devourer shudders in slight anger at..... something? If you can read thoughts you'd have heard it most definitely.
"...Nghh Pestering First what are your capabilitys?"
Follow!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:02:12 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2016, 10:44:32 am »

GRAB HIS HEAD AND SMASH HIM AGAINST THE GROUND!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2016, 11:04:23 am »

Light airy unbroken sounding clearer and less mangled then Devourer's thought's
....please help me.
The devourer shudders in slight anger at..... something? If you can read thoughts you'd have heard it most definitely.
"...Nghh Pestering First what are your capabilitys?"
Follow!
"I will only inform you of my nature and let you draw conclusions from there. I am essentially the unification of multiple minds, given a solid form through psychic power. Now, how can I help You, unseen one?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 11:38:03 am »

"Do not listen to that pestering insect"
A desperate voice quick and loud in the mind seemingly getting revitalized by the acknowledgement of another.
Shut up! I'm Rin this is my body and I want it back!
Devourer looks very....very agitated at that and it's teeth clamp together it very clearly wants to kill something....

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 11:57:10 am »

"Do not listen to that pestering insect"
A desperate voice quick and loud in the mind seemingly getting revitalized by the acknowledgement of another.
Shut up! I'm Rin this is my body and I want it back!
Devourer looks very....very agitated at that and it's teeth clamp together it very clearly wants to kill something....
"I'm sorry to hear that, Rin, but I do not believe I can help there. I have no experience separating two minds from one body. At the very least take solace in knowing your voice is not unheard.
He then focuses on the devourer.
"I would advise you do not refer to her as an insect, and instead address her by her proper name. She is technically just as much in service to the king as you are, even if she was not able to speak freely. I will not tolerate infighting, even if it is over the same body by two separate minds. Now come, there is work and fighting to be done, respectively."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12