Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 29408 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2016, 02:37:09 pm »

Attention C'tis: Your forces have been spotted systematically slaughtering T'ien C'hi civilians. I am confident that this atrocity is a soon-to-be-rectified error in disciple, and the reparations will be paid quickly. Otherwise I'd be forced to respond in kind ... and I have a population map and easy access to hurricanes, and soon, volcanic eruptions, tidal waves.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2016, 03:14:27 pm »

We're merely offering a convenient, easy, 'straight-to-afterlife' package where they can effortlessly journey to their chosen paradise or underworld.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2016, 04:36:09 pm »

Sorry for the delay folks. Should have my turn in in a few hours :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2016, 07:30:40 pm »

It is indeed unfortunate and deplorable that someone, presumably Ry'leh, saw it fit to teleport an army of Caelum into the sea, to its utter annihilation.

Consider this a public condemnation of that behaviour.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »

The wish for "people" chooses at utter random, but we appriciate any new recuits to our cause.

(still have to check the turn)

I was tempted to start wishing for genocide or something along those lines, but that would just be mean...

*Ry'leh calls dips on Oaklands (26)*

Also, I am now offering TIDAL WAVES ~ (hawai sounds.mp4) since it kills 40% of the population, I'm asking for... 30 Astral gems? You can hire up to 5 at once.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:41:27 am by ThtblovesDF »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2016, 04:21:19 am »

As said in the main thread, I will delay the game hosting for as long as needed each turn.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:05 am »

I'm about to turn my turn in, so the delay will likely have to be set again. Just a fair warning.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2016, 05:22:58 am »

Whoever hired R'lyeh's tidal waves: The second shot fizzled, and only killed 590 people. I imagine that stacking them is not cost effective.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2016, 11:43:45 am »

Grabbing another population this turn, sure hope it's not (85).

Flying soul eater sure is effective, but so is gift from heavens.

I'm just wondering where Shinuyamas King of the Mountains is going?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2016, 12:26:12 pm »

I'm just wondering where Shinuyamas King of the Mountains is going?
Not one step away from the rest of the army, with its many other commanders and protective screen of astral mages. I lost far too many gems worth of investment on my mind burned Queen of Air, thanks.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2016, 01:04:35 pm »

So my understanding is that some of you are using mages as protection. How does that work? Are there counter-spells that you've researched?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2016, 01:26:39 pm »

So my understanding is that some of you are using mages as protection. How does that work? Are there counter-spells that you've researched?

There are several ways those might be used.

There are domes (Frost dome, 30% protection, costs 10 to start (?) and 1 per turn to keep up, freeze attacks anyone casting a global @ them), Forest Dome, Fire Dome, Astral Dome, etc. - they just stop spells that attack the area.

Mind Hunt is a spell that works vs non-astral-mages (midly effective only with boosters) - HOWEVER - if there is a astral mage in the area, he can intercept the spell and murder the casting astral mage.
(Really evil players empower a scout with Astral 1, to make a trap, since the scout can't be seen and a caster may overcommit several casters to his target)

Some rituals also sort of protect your guy, like Twiceborn (respawns you as undead if you die in domain), Ritual of returning (beams you back to the capital if you take damage) and some others.

Overall, there are not a lot of spells that kill commanders and those that there are can usually be countered.

Besides Mind Hunt, there is also:

Wind ride (air) - port a commander to you - heavy commanders can't be ported. 10 air

Manifestation (death)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Earth Attack (earth, duh)

Winged Monkeys (nature)

You never got mind hunted this game, so you didn't see it yet, but it was used by me (as proxy basically) to kill a Queen of Storms a few turns ago, since she was unprotected and someone saw the tactical oppertunity - just like Ti'chi burned up all his astral mages in one deadly-communion, which left his army open. I lacked boosters back then, so I basically did jack all...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2016, 03:25:32 pm »

Holy crap. Yeah, I really need to start investing in research. Yinz are all waaaaayyyy beyond me. I've started looking at the dom4 inspector a lot more to plan strategies, though to be fair I don't think I have the time or mental availability I'd need to dedicate to understanding all of this :) So imma just wing it!

Heh.

Wing it.

I'm Caelum.

Get it?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2016, 04:42:36 pm »

12 astral geomancers just died, but they did manage to kill my pretender. It's gonna be a pain calling him back again.
I've played some mafia.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:29 pm »

Geomancers are terrifying at 65g each. I haven't even made communions large enough for more than +2 to paths.

Edit: Game over btw. The poll's telling ThtblovesDF that winning by wishing for genocide repeatedly is socially acceptable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:55:35 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27