Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod Pack  (Read 4338 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod Pack
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:04:41 am »

Just a small mod pack designed to be installed into a Lazy Newb Pack with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03. A couple mods require DFHack, but other than that, it should work just fine with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 too.

I recommend installing this into a fresh Lazy Newb Pack to keep your modded save files separate from your vanilla save files. If you install it into your existing pack, you may want to back up your save files first.

The installation is a little more involved that I would like, but hopefully it will get bundled with some newb packs soon.

Download Link

Included mods:
Included graphics packs:
The mods are edited a bit so that they play well together when possible. For example if you install Haberdasher Cloth Armor mod and Star Wars:Jawa Fortress, the Jawa in your fortress will be able to make cloth armor and glass weapons. If you install Spellcrafts and Sparking Dragon Ball Z, the Namekians in your fortress will be able to study spellbooks to learn magic; the Saiyans are not able to read, though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:46:29 am by jecowa »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:14 pm »

I've been looking forward to this, it reminds me of my own Composite Mod. Thanks for setting this up.

*Edit: I downloaded this, but I don't see any mods. Just an empty TWBT Overrides folder and two text files.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:15:41 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:57:36 pm »

Thanks for doing the legwork to stitch those together.  I attempted to make my mods, well, modular, so I'd like any feedback you have on what was hard to integrate.  Appearance Tweaks necessarily stomps all over a vanilla file, but I hope everything else went smoothly.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:01:18 am »

Thanks for putting this together. It is really neat. I thought the tweaks you made so that the mods worked together was a good idea. I think I'll try a game with most of the mods enabled, should be fun.

To Enemy Post - I was able to download the mod pack without issue.

Edit: Also, ditto what Dirst said
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:50:39 pm »

To Enemy Post - I was able to download the mod pack without issue.

Ok, I got it to work now. Oddly, it only unzipped properly with 7-zip. Unzipping it regularly was the problem.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 02:03:30 am »

Sorry, that it requires 7Zip. That's what I zipped it with. The Windows 8.1 system zip tool won't do it, and Zips made on Mac can look kind of weird on Windows. The last build was made with a fork of 7zip, though, while v0.02 uses the main branch, so maybe it's better now, hopefully.

New in version 0.02:

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 01:20:09 am »

Updated to v0.03.

Changes:
  • Updated Warcraft Mod to v1.2.1 (adds hippogryphs, raptors, and storm giants, among other things)
  • Updated Spellcrafts Mod to v4.04 (makes the magic study building constructable, adds the weresalamander, and makes dwarven magicians a playable civ)
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the game to freeze when the Fortress Defense mod was used in combination with one of these graphics pack addons: Phoebus, Ironhand, Mayday, Obsidian, DawnFortress, Dungeon Set.