Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When doing adventurer's mode, should I halt the story when the adventure would be halted in real life? (look at most recent post be4 voting).

yes
- 1 (100%)
no
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adil Skyshot:Act 2 in the Dikepast Trilogy  (Read 2297 times)

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
Adil Skyshot:Act 2 in the Dikepast Trilogy
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:57:31 pm »

Hi guys this is the adventurer part of the dikepast universe. 

The first 'act' of the Dikepast Trilogy
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160182.0

The story so far:
The Rainy Hame, one of the last three dwarven civilizations existing, just lost one of it's frontier fortresses, dikepast, to a
tower of necromancers called the Fated Incenses.  Everyone died a horrible death to hordes of zombies, but there is still hope.  The Rainy Hame has comissioned a dwarven Kisat Dur master (Adil Skyshot) to destroy the Fated Incenses.  This is his story.

My guys stats

his values

Chapter 1: A merry farewell

Adil slowly wakes from his drunken stupor, lying on the ground of a drinking mound in the middle of Rainy Hame territory (top right of map).  Adil remembers something - something important.  He remembers greed.  He remembers wealth.  Oh and how much he wanted it so!  Adil could really use a new sock- or a new life at this point.  The only thing he hasn't regretted is training to be a Kisat Dur master.  His job at his mound was to fight of creatures of the night.  He hasn't come across anything yet in all of his life.  Oh well, staying up all night was a boring job anyways.  But then a vision of a fine handwritten note comes to his head - a bounty flier.  It read:
Dear all able bodied fighters-
We are beginning to comission all brave souls willing to risk life and limb to take back our frontier fortress dikepast.
Every resident of the poor fortress was slaughtered by necromancers and their brain-dead slaves.  If anyone has
enough will to fight these monsters and take back our land, please speak to the king of the Rainy Hame, please
speak to the human king of the Rainy Hame, Nil Rimstrife.

He was wondering why such an object came to his head.  Then it struck him.
"Hey Adil! Why haven't you left yet? You said you'd leave this mornin'," A voice said behind him.
It was one of the drunks, Ushat.
"Oh.  Hey Ushat," Adil said "Where was I goin' to again?"
"Yonder over ya talked to the hewman bout dikepast remememeber...." Ushat mumbled as he took a big sip of ale.
"Naw, I dont recall" Adil replied  "What fur?"
"Somethin bout a necro tower. Yew said you was goin to there and gettin rich like them lepr-uu-chans" Ushat wasn't the as coherent as he usually was.  But then again, usually he did have a mug in hand.
Adil was now very excited.  He was ready to leave the musty, dirt room out for some adventure.  He was ready to show the world his skills and what he could do.  He rushed to the corner of the mound and quickly threw his copper spear against the wall - he didnt need it.
"Goodbye guys! Off I goin'!" adil said as he went up and out of the hole.
All he got was some groans from his drunken friends.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Adil Skyshot:Act 2 in the Dikepast Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:50:30 pm »

Dude I read all of the Part 1, it was rad! If you find a human Swordsman, could you add em to the tale?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:24:40 am »

yeah man ill add one.  im glad you liked it.  I plan on making many acts to this story so its not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 05:31:10 am »

Hm, I take it you've played adventure mode more than fort mode? My short forays into it end up dehydrating.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 05:42:33 am »

No, just adventure mode is easier and takes less time to become good.  theres a difference between knowing and doing it well.
BTW i just read the first act and damn it looks like i have some sort of ADHD im all over the place.  Not nearly as neat as I would like it to be.  Ah well.  Once this part of the story is over, I will make some changes to my style.  And I use caps too much as well.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:43:39 am »

Since you only do one thing at time, I guess adventure mode will be more focused by default anyway.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 05:44:59 am »

yeah thats true.  I will try to make more mini chapters to this after 3 oclock estern time cuz for some reason bay12 isnt eastern time huh.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 01:49:19 pm »

Hiya, have a bit of buisiness today so... i WILLL post today just not after 3.  I will today though.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 06:58:50 pm »

Hiya guys hows it going
Time for the next mini chapter

Chapter 2_____:
Adil smells the fresh air on this perfect, sunny day.  Sunrays are peering through the maple leaves by a stone bridge.
He could hear birds chirping and he admired the dewdrops on the grass.  Silly Adil, he didn't go outside to admire it.  He went outside to conquer it!  He was determined to save Dikepast!  but, he did not know where to go.  He decided to go to a nearby hamlet, Flankedrubbed. 
It had become night.  Adil forgot the fact that it would be nearly impossible to get there, for the mountainous terrain stopped travel.  He had also forgot the fact bogeyman were out, and he quickly made it into a shelter in Griprings, a hillocks.
In the morning he continued his way but some rivers stopped him.  Instead of jumping them (which he regrets not doing), he backtracks and stops at an elven town at the night.  He wakes in the middle of the night to drink some water from his bearskin waterskin and eats some cave fish.  While he does that he hears some elves. He decides not to bother them.  He goes back to sleep.  When he wakes up to the rain moistening his beard, he hears some rustling in a nearby bush.  He feels uneasy.
It is a giant jaguar recruit.  He quickly hits the dirt to try and hide.  He sneaks up behind it and bites it's throat, but it breaks the grip.  Adil goes for a quick strike to the stomach to try and make it nauseous.  It does only a little damage to muscle.  The jaguar misses Adil.  Adil decides to scratch it's belly and do a punch after, to try and cause max pain ( he does not want to wrestle this thing).  The jaguar attacks several times, and Adil dodges every scratch.  The jaguar is closing in, growling.  Adil puts every ounce of his iron will and strength into one wild punch.  It lands right on its pancreas as it whimps in pain.  It tries to run away. 
Adil sprints and grabs it by the head from behind, but the jaguar is too fast to catch.  Adil does the only thing he can do: throw his copper knife.  It causes a fracture in one of it's legs and the jaguar becomes spiraling down on the ground.  Adil, covered in sweat from beating a jaguar at a chase, finds the animal in pain, doing something that resembles crying.  Adil starts kicking it in the lower body. Again and again, his foot slams into it's stomach, causing the jaguar to jolt in pain.  The jaguar leaps off the ground and slowly limps.  Adil is tired and can barely keep up.  The chase is on again.  Adil is wheezing and gasping for air as the wounded animal gains more lead.  Adil jumps in the air and punches the jaguar in the left lung, coming back down to the ground and they both tumble. Adil knees the jaguar in the stomach causing it to vomit all over him.  Adil grabs the jaguar by the head and bites threw it's throat.  It's over.  Adil's first battle is over.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 12:22:44 am »

Nice story! Any screenshots of blood trails?

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 04:25:46 am »

Whatdya mean blood trails i have no idea what ur sayin honestly. 
Thanks though.  I haven't thought bout screenshots I thought it would be better if i made it like a book
and add some interpretation and stuff.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 07:17:19 am »

When living beings are injured and bleed, the blood paints the ground red.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

im sorry i havent been on lately.. ill upload tomorrow.
ive been horribly busy.
School, taking care of my depressed sister, homework,
just hard stuff.
ill be on tomorrow tho  :P

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 03:26:34 pm »

I am very busy.  I do not think i have time right now to finish adil.  Will someone tribute to take over? (if no one does i will try to do some.)

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »

Hey guys, I know I havent been on alot.
Reason being I broke my computer, and not being of legal age to work, I had to wait a bit.
Expect more episodes soon! i had my df on a external hard drive  :P
Pages: [1] 2