Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When doing adventurer's mode, should I halt the story when the adventure would be halted in real life? (look at most recent post be4 voting).

yes
- 1 (100%)
no
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adil Skyshot:Act 2 in the Dikepast Trilogy  (Read 2266 times)

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
Re: Adil Skyshot:Act 2 in the Dikepast Trilogy
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 07:49:18 pm »

Hello buds, I am terribly sorry for my absence.  I can make many excuses, but I won't.

Anyways, lets get back to the story!

Chapter 3: Dwarf vs Large Mammals!
After Adil brutally destroyed Rathipare (the cheetah recruit), he quicky knapped a sharp rock and gathered some cheetah meat to eat.  He started a very small fire under the cover of a tree during the rain, and there he sat in the middle of the night, sitting on a log eating meat.  He was starting to get scared of boogeymen, and decided to get to a town as fast as possible.  He was next to Lastraptors, and slept near the road until dawn. 
In the morning, Adil's stomach is aching, and he needed to satisfy his needs.  He drank his water and ate some of Rathipare's meat, instantly regaining strength.  Adil was slightly tired, but still determined to save the day. He continued travelling, hoping to save his people!
Adil was wandering open plains to the next town and saw something moving in the distance.  He closed in on it and discovered a lair.  He decided not to mess with it until he had a companion and was fully rested and his belly was full.
Eager to fight the monster, Adil went to  the nearest town, sadly an elf retreat, and even more worse no one was willing to join Adil's adventure.
Adil then finds a human hamlet, Azureclimates, and checks there for companions.  Adil finds a human hammerman, Leba Shasttolipm who is willing to join him.  Adil sleeps and gets ready for the big battle.  He drinks some water and eats some cheetah.  In the town, the supposed monster is terrorizing people. 

It is a very skinny giant dingo eating a peasent's chicken.  Adil closes in with Leba, ready to strike. Adil quickly jabs the dingo in the lower body and hurts his pancreas. Adil then goes for an upper body strike, doing no real damage.  Adil scratches the dingos paw in effort to fell the beast and hurts the leg badly.
Adil goes for a super combo.  He grabs the dingo by the head and does a hook do the dingo, upsetting his breathing,sadly, adil's hand breaks free.  Adil dances around the dingo, doing light punches to hurt his breathing. Adil kicks the dingo in the lower body, causing internal damage to the liver.  Leba arrives to the scene and bashes the dingo's foot , doing light damage. While the dingo is distracted with Leba, Adil does a wild punch to the dingo's stomach, causing it to retch up the contents of it's stomach, including a child's skull.  The dingo starts to run, but adil grabs the dingo's leg and puts all his might in a scratch on his paw.  The dingo screeches in pain as Adil punches the dingo in the head until it is unconscious.  Adil gouges the unconcious animal's eyes out and Leba bashes his head in.  It is over. Hailspins the dingo is dead.

Adil is travelling to the lair and is ambushed by a giant cougar.  Same drill. This time adil sneaks up behind the cougar and scratches the cougar in the throat, doing much less damage than hoped for. The couager tries to bite adil, buthe dodges.  Leba tries to strike but misses as well.  The cougar tries to attack Leba again and Adil kicks the cougar in the stomach, making her vomit. The cougar is not striking back anymore and Adil then does a 1-2 punching combo to the cougar's chest and makes the cougar wheeze heavily.  The cougar tries to run away but Adil tackles the cougar and bruises the cougar's leg!  Adil starts kicking the helpless cougar in the head several times.  The cougar goes unconscious but Leba steals the kill again.

I will make another chapter tommorrow

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 11:43:59 pm »

A dingo. A lone giant dingoooo.........Okay that is rather unintimating. Taking them unarmed shows proper spirit, I guess.

Perhaps pick up the child's skull and start beating the animals to dead with it? Iunno.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 06:30:26 am »

yeah. I guess giant animals aren't that strong in DF.  I could have done so, but it didn't pass through my mind.

The hard part now is finding Dikepast.  The thing is i forgot where it is and it isn't under the Sites in the map/quest menu, so Im tryin to find it.
Its friday and im free so episodes!!!

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 10:06:50 pm »

sorry mates i had a suprise homework thing its done tho.
more tomorrow (promise)

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 03:07:30 pm »

new episode drop today confirmed!!!

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 07:50:37 pm »

ch 6: Injury!

Adil eats the corpse of his enemy and travels to the next terrorist of the night.
He is ambushed by a black bear.  Adil has been waiting to wrestle a bear.

He hides and sneaks up behind him.  Adil does a tornado kick to the bear's abdomen, not doing enough damage.  The bear lunges at adil but Adil is swift and dodges to the left and punches the bears lower stomach.  Adil jumps back to dodge a strike and Leba finishes the bear.  Adil is angry Leba is stealing his thunder. 

It is now morning and Adil made it to the lair.  This could end the adventure right now if Adil does not Succeed.  Adil looks into the red soil tunnel, but no one is home.
Adil waits a full day and no one returns.  Adil assumed the occupant died.  Adil continues his journey.

Adil is ambushed by dingos.  He and Leba engage, but one dingo bits Leba's eye off.
Adil punches the dingo that bit Leba's eye off n the lower stomach making it vomit then punching it in the lung to hurt it's breathing.
Adil is then surrounded, with Leba getting mauled by a dingo on top of her. Adil takes the fat dingo and punches it's chest, knocking the dingo straight down, a KO.
Adil punches another dingo wildly in the neck, making it explode in gore and bleed profusely.
He does a 1-2 combo to a dingo's chest, causing it to be knocked down, wheezing.
The rest of the dingos run away and Adil puts a chokehold on the downed dingos, killing them.
He gets another attacking dingo, grabs it by the face, pushes it down and kicks it, caving in it's lower body, killing it.
The final dingo is roundhouse kicked in the head, instantly killing her.

Next, A grizzly bear attacks the group.  Adil charges with a jump kick, but misses and lands on the grizzly bear.  The bear rips adil's arm to shreds, causing heavy bleeding.
Adil punches the grizzly bear in the stomach causing it to vomit and Adil scrambles away, so Leba can hit the bear in the head causing it to fall over.
The bear grabs adils leg and mauls it with his teeth.
Adil shrieks in pain as the bear eats him alive, but Leba bashes the bear to the ground, permanently this time.
Leba beats the bear until it is sick and adil tries to assist in the slaughter.
Adil bites the bear's nose off and is shrieks.
Leba swings the iron hammer into the bear's jaw, sending teeth everywhere and it unconcious.
She ends it with a swing to the head.
Adil is bleeding out and decides to rest.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 08:08:51 pm »

Heh. Leba still has more kills?

Delicious bear.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 08:15:35 pm »

yeah.. I think i beat her with the dingo.  She was struggling there.

yeah i eat my enemies.  Victory tastes really good!  ;D

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 03:04:05 pm »

Episode Drops Today!
I just wanna say thank you to everyone who has enjoyed my story.  This little hobby I have been juggling in between all my other activities has really given me a lot of happiness.  It is my favorite thing to make other people happy, and if I made at least 1 person happy other than myself, than all the effort in making dikepast what it is has been worth it.

enough of the sentimental stuff. just know another episode is coming out  :P

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 08:20:37 pm »

Hey guys, i just wanna explain the lack of posts. 

Im gonna start a poll about it if u like it.

Im trying to see if i can make this more realistic; For example, Adil was just mauled by a bear.   Naturally, he has to recover.  Lets say 1 week of recovery.  If we can wait that time in real life, this story should feel more realistic.  Vote on your opinion of this!

I predict most people wont like this.

Adil should be recovered on monday.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 10:36:25 pm »

A novel idea. No idea of the timescales of adventure mode though - in fort mode, traveling from one end of map to another alone can take days, with some jobs also taking several days. That's equivalent to 1/69th FPS.

If you think it'd be interesting, try it, but it would only work for some actions I imagine. Doesn't fast travel pass time quickly, for instance?

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:48 am »

Fast travel is an exception.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 09:25:36 pm »

ch 7:  Recovery

Adil lay in the pasture, bleeding face down.  His leg is torn open with arteries bleeding profusely out of his leg.  His right arm has a nasty bite mark near the shoulder filled with blood and indentations where teeth crunched down. Adil can still feel the teeth gnashing through flesh and bone, vein and nerve.  It has been 6 days since then.  Adil stayed at a nearby home of a human and slept there until he could normally function.

"What happened?" he asked, but when he looked at his mauled body he found the answer.  Leba stood over Adil, who was rubbing his eyes and sitting up. 
"You took a beating out there.  You survived a giant grizzly bear unarmed.  Only few can say that." Leba answered with concern in her eyes. 
Adil groaned.  "Help me up.  Were going to move on from this godforsaken place."
Leba shook her head.  "You are bedridden.  You will not survive the outside world in your current state" Leba sorrowfully explained. 
Adil looked at her with flames in his eyes. "If you don't help me up, I'll do it myself."  Adil pushed himself up with his legs and arms only to collapse back down to the bed.
"My friend, if you can't even stand up, you certainly are not going to defeat the legions of zombies at Dikepast or under control by the necromancers of the south."
Adil sighed and succumbed to his pain and aches.  He slumped back down on the dark oaken bed and covered his body with the pine green blanket at the foot of the bed.
Leba said "Sleep well, Adil.  Maybe tomorrow we can leave."  Leba left the room to attend to her own business.

(Did you get the hint? tomorrow is another chapter! My only concern is no one is reading my work.  It feels mediocre and subpar   Im just worried that im making all of this for nothing.  But, im getting ahead of myself.)

(P.S tell me if you like the story chapters, not a lot of content.  I try to be fresh.  This chapter is what i call a story chapter, which means i create the story.  The actual game is not used for these chapters.  If you don't like them, I ll cut them.  Its the viewers call.)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 09:21:03 am »

Nice narrative from the perspective of emotions. Quite the role-playing there.
I'd say keep them.

I wonder....Legions of zombies ought to be tougher than a black bear. But are zombies weak to fire?

As for additional feedback...yeah, bay12 is pretty inactive and small. There is DF community on reddit if you want more exposure.

I can only recommend that you make sure you yourself at least a bit enjoy chronicling the Dikepast triology; then it isn't for nothing even if nobody responds (though discouraging that may be).

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 04:21:33 pm »

eh its fine for me.
Pages: 1 [2]