Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'd like some help making some raw modifications  (Read 424 times)

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'd like some help making some raw modifications
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:31:28 pm »

There are some things I'd like to add to Dwarves that they can't make/wield currently, and some other tweaks to them. I'm really new to raw editing so, explain as if I know nothing about it please (cause I probably don't).

Weapon Tweaks:
I'd like to make it so that Dwarves can make and wield Halberds (or create a Lucerne they can make and wield), whips, great axes, and mauls. I feel these are dwarfy enough weapons. (Whips open the possibility of taskmasters, which leads me to...)

New Labor:
Taskmaster - would walk around and "encourage" workers to work harder. They could get an unhappy thought, but an efficiency increase. Their "equipment" would be a whip/scourge. They could also stop tantrums.

Eugenics!:
I'd like it so I could somehow remove the alcohol addiction, even if it's a multi-generational process to reduce dependency. I don't know how children inherit attributes from their parents (or if they do at all), but since it seems currently to be a genetic affliction, it would make sense that eugenics would be the solution to the problem. I really need a reason to care about babies. They're just fps hits.

Also, I'd like the option for more theming with leaders. For instance, an edit of raws that would allow a sentient beast/plant to be the leader of the elves, a vampire become the leader of humans, maybe an avatar of Armok becomes the leader of Dwarves (or a Adamantine Man?), etc. Goblins get demons as their leaders, so I think it'd be interesting if it happened more that other things that individual races somewhat revere become their leaders.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like some help making some raw modifications
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:46:43 pm »

To add new weapons to a civilization, you need to grant them permission within the Entity_default.txt file. New weapons can be added with the WEAPON tag. For example, adding [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP] will make whips available to the civilization. Though some weapons will be too large for dwarves to wield, so you will have to go into the item_weapon.txt file ald alter certain weapons' MINIMUM_SIZE and TWO_HANDED tags to something small enough for Dwarves. These sizes are the minimum size to hold a weapon and the size at which you can one-hand a weapon.

New labours are not possible. You could create a new noble position whose job is to meet with disgruntled residents, though. Or to punish lawbreakers.

Just go into creature_standard.txt and remove [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT] from Dwarves to remove alcohol addiction. While there are attributes inherited from parents, you cannot breed out alcohol dependency. Nor can the tag be removed in any way outside of raw changes, as far as I know. If we could remove alcohol dependency in-game, there'd probably be fewer sad vampires.

You could set racial position requirements with the ALLOWED_CLASS or ALLOWED_CREATURE tags, but vampires wouldn't be possible, as the ALLOWED_CLASS tag does not recognize syndrome-granted classes, only creature classes.