Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress Kobolds: Jonabaimpsene, "Stupidsanctum"  (Read 11112 times)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress Kobolds: Jonabaimpsene, "Stupidsanctum"
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 11:53:49 am »

- 3 years makes babies not all that unreasonable way to get peasants. Tavern still better, migrants better than both.

There's a breeding warren to make peasants.  Need a female to do the reaction, and a stack of meat, I think.  Haven't tried it so far this update.  In theory I could just use that for more peasants and leave the cap alone.

-Firing from behind, they should not need a melee weapon, but they'll likely want to run out. Tested giving crossbow, and after that, pick or axe to dwarves; they first shoot the quiver empty, then close to melee to hit mostly with axe or pick.

I will definitely give them glass daggers then.  In last version (pre-2014) I had little issue with them running into melee as long as they had ammo stockpiled close.  As I recall, anyway, and the memory is not what it once was.  :o

Besides, outside of flying targets stationary markskobolds generally are less useful than weapon traps. Though, if they are standing there shields are great for return bowgoblin fire.

Sometimes the attackers hit the traps and especially if their scout/leader gets caged, they just stop.  At least until they rout.  And even without poisoned missiles, missile fire does soften up the incoming a bit.  But traps... yeah, as long as they aren't trap avoid.  And up on a single tile path a lot will dodge the traps and fall and try again, which means more chances for the traps to nail them, and slows and spread out the attack.  With a good trap setup don't need much military.  A few heroes to clean up does it.

-I've had stationary minecart injure too for some reason - even when the minecart was removed. But minecart at lowest roller speed is quite safe as long as it is just 1 citizen in - will never injure, even if they go to sleep, and will not hurt children or pets either.

Though multiple citizens in same spot tend to bruise skidding along the ground, and reduce training to like 15% the effectiveness (from 1k to 150 exp per day), making it not worth it.

Watching dwarf can be removed with using pressure plate and minecart set to be guided onto it in a month.

That said, 1 at a time is easier to manage. Considering trying out teaching in next fort, along with embarking with kicking and punching since those seem to be bit deadly and thus hard to train.

Yeah, I kept my danger rooms to maybe a trainee pair, but did a lot of solo too.  MWDF has a lot of training buildings among the various races too.  Like the vanilla archery targets.  Usually they burn some basic resource in the process of training, though at a low rate (like %10-20% chance of using up a piece of leather.)  Not fast, but can be useful to civilian militia setups to get them SOME base skill before throwing them into a danger room or something.  The bold Doc Chop Shop is already pushing up the mdeic skills a bit in this game.  That's really useful when things are this slow.  3 skill or so is nice if things turn nasty. Chop Shop burns thread/cloth/vermin remains/corpses (I think body parts)/splints, depending on the skill.

While traps in general are very koboldy, minecart are more a dwarf thing to me :p  I mean minecarts as part of defenses.  I won't give up qpiles.  Any race I play uses them and one of the first things I build now is a log qpile.  I even embark with a minecart or two most of the time.  Just convenience, not necessity.  For bolds a wheelbarrow or three is almost a necessity though.  They move logs at about the same speed dwarves move boulders.  And corpses!  Most wild game corpses are bigger than the bold.

- sounds like MWDF kobolds are more dangerous than vanilla ones. Hauling still slows a lot, though.

Well, the pre-2014 ones were dangerous.  Don't have enough data on this version to say.  They weren't much in a stand-up fight, but a quick stab or slash when they were first spotted could do some serious damage to a civilian.  Sometimes flat death.  And to pets too.  Made it worth trying to spot them early with chained spotter pets.  And channeling them so limit their entry paths.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 02:44:39 pm »

- Breeding warren? How convenient.

- Note that if you do, you must ensure they will pick up daggers after the crossbow (and I believe you have to sacrifice the shield, but some have claimed to get it to work by giving shield before the crossbow - I couldn't, though). This can give trouble if they upgrade crossbows, so you might want to specify a specific crossbow.

That said, I forgot about the invaders staying still. Whoops.

- Trapavoid things usualy come in single numbers if it isn't an entire army (due diplomat reporting the trap positions). Kobolds, werebeasts, titans, gremlins, visitors,  your own pets.

I prefer to limit traps to just wildlife (being that they can require reloading) while passive minecarts take care  of serious of the threats (though true enough on traps being more koboldy), but haven't thought up a design that makes the last two completely safe, though I haven't had any accidents either yet.

If they fall down, can do lot worse than climbing back up. Drowning, burning, atomsmashing, being unable to climb back up and being plinked to death by kobolds...Making the best dodge-em walkways diagonal ones with masterwork mechanisms and no-quality wooden spears.

That could still kill wildlife though I think, so for those cases pressure plate + retracting bridge bit of distance off could be technically superior (if laggy).

- Hm, specific buildings for skill train? That sure sounds convenient, though not a lot more so  than a macro.

Though vanilla, barracks with schedule set to train is quite similar idea (albeit getting them to 3 in the first place ensures they don't need to be set to active).

- never tried searching for minecart in embark menu. Perhaps I should.

- Oh, look out for channeling FPS loss in post-2014! Made me reevaluate my aboveground ideas.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 03:57:59 pm »

- Breeding warren? How convenient.

It's a kobold thing.  Other races like humans can pay coins to request migrants.  Triggers a normal migrant wave just off the normal schedule, and they are bound by the pop cap settings.  Orcs can capture prisoners and ransom them, and I think free them.  Not sure they can become citizens though.  Haven't tried.

- Note that if you do, you must ensure they will pick up daggers after the crossbow (and I believe you have to sacrifice the shield, but some have claimed to get it to work by giving shield before the crossbow - I couldn't, though). This can give trouble if they upgrade crossbows, so you might want to specify a specific crossbow.

Thanks for the tip on sequencing.  After trying uniforms again this game, no more.  I'll stick to specifying.  What a CF uniforms remain.That's a vanilla problem.

- Trapavoid things usualy come in single numbers if it isn't an entire army (due diplomat reporting the trap positions). Kobolds, werebeasts, titans, gremlins, visitors,  your own pets.

Mostly true.  I have seen kobolds thieves arrive in small packs.

I prefer to limit traps to just wildlife (being that they can require reloading) while passive minecarts take care  of serious of the threats (though true enough on traps being more koboldy), but haven't thought up a design that makes the last two completely safe, though I haven't had any accidents either yet.

I have done airlocked crossing traps over streams in other games.  But that was with races that could dig to have underground tunnels to service the traps.  Sealable, of course.  Doing that above ground is possible, but a lot more work and space needed.  To a degree I can service the inner cage traps in this setup safely.  Just have to close the outer bridges and hope nothing hidden is inside.

If they fall down, can do lot worse than climbing back up. Drowning, burning, atomsmashing, being unable to climb back up and being plinked to death by kobolds...Making the best dodge-em walkways diagonal ones with masterwork mechanisms and no-quality wooden spears.

My bolds don't like to waste bigun loot.  That rules out a lot of setups (lava, some drainless drowning setups, atom smashing.)  And not being able to dig makes them a lot harder for bolds too.  We COULD make really high entries and have them fall 10 levels.  But that puts bolds at risk too.  I've tinkered with pens below in the past.  Chief problem was to have them fall into a pen where there was no blind spot for the plinkers.  Ended up having to send in melee teams to clean up.  That's not too bad if everyone has broken legs :p  and then a fleeing civilian falls into the pen dodging incoming missiles...

That could still kill wildlife though I think, so for those cases pressure plate + retracting bridge bit of distance off could be technically superior (if laggy).

- Hm, specific buildings for skill train? That sure sounds convenient, though not a lot more so  than a macro. 
Bolds get:  (Text from Meph's doc for mod)
Doc Chop Shop (already mentioned earlier)
Trap Parcour  The training room allows melee combat training, as well as any weapon skill. You need one training weapon of the type, and you have a 5% chance to break it while training.
Training Room  Use this parcour to train your kobolds general skills, like throwing, dodging and coordination, as well as armor and shield. You need either a trap component or a shield/armor for these reactions. The items have a 5% chance of breaking.
Playground? (New one, haven't tried building one too see what it does.  Needs 5 toys to build.  Will get round to it to see.)

Though vanilla, barracks with schedule set to train is quite similar idea (albeit getting them to 3 in the first place ensures they don't need to be set to active).

- never tried searching for minecart in embark menu. Perhaps I should.
Under tools... but this may be a MWDF thing.  They may not be there in vanilla.

- Oh, look out for channeling FPS loss in post-2014! Made me reevaluate my aboveground ideas.

bolds can't dig.  At all, by default.  Pickaxes are too big for them.  You can choose to turn on optional shovels in the launcher set up though.  I tried that and still couldn't dig.  May have been a mistake on my part in configuring things though.

And as you can see in this game, I don't do the trench the edge thing (not that I could with bolds!)  Back in the dark ages I did, but I prefer more open setups now.  But I also don't usually play 3o+ years in one fort like some do.  I tend to reach a point where I have nothing else I want to do in that game and just start another. 

Realted to that post, I have seen some lag when wildlife packs arrive though.  They also seem to enter in the treetops, even wolf packs.  I suspect trees are interacting in a less than ideal fashion with pathfinding.  Vanilla issue.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 07:19:07 pm »

Another year sneaks by almost silently.

This is the chronicle of the year 103:

http://imgur.com/a/s9e6m

And again imgur puts the first three entries at the bottom.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:46:34 pm by vonsch »

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 07:32:40 am »

with dfhack, u can do timestream 8 to increase calendar speed by 8 times, so things go by quicker, and traders come faster and etc, i think. maybe it will help things be less boring

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 09:01:01 am »

The MWDH launcher let's me tweak time too.  At the moment it's just due to all the micromanagement involved in above ground building.  Without that, too many construction accidents. But we should be reaching a point where major construction is done for a while.

with dfhack, u can do timestream 8 to increase calendar speed by 8 times, so things go by quicker, and traders come faster and etc, i think. maybe it will help things be less boring

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 11:31:46 am »

- Uniforms are nice but yeah...Light ones work well, maximum heaviness can be annoying.

- Never seen more than 9 -  actually, more than 5 kobolds in a pack. I think beyond that it is kobold ambushes, though those are trapavoid too iirc.

- I like all the visitors and plants outside so I tend to keep fortress open, though I do keep at least a thief-killing door (dead-stopped a werebeast recently with it going down the ramp before seeing the door, thus being too close to destroy the door but wanting to) + lockable hatch.

- No blind spot for rangers...Hm, the overhang should be high up then, rather than low. Statues might work if not building destroyer down there.

Otherwise, fortifications on lowest level might be necessary, as long as nobody is climbing through those.

- Starting another sure is quicker! Also helps combat FPS loss. Still, annoying sometimes (though macros help with setting up fortress).

- They shouldn't come on treetops. Ouch.

- Aah, trading bugs.

- Yikes, food spirals are far more scary than drink spirals. Make food? Can't, hunting vermin.

Dwarfs don't eat uncooked tallow too.

Statues are heavy. Do kobolds have different weapon traps?

- I've never seen clay disappear other than by plants growing on it. Cover it up with grate or something? The lone time I brothered with clay I collected straight on top of a workshop.

Still, without mining kilns sure are useful.

- No tradereps is a bug. I think fixmerchants does fix it for humans and elves, but not sure about MWDF

-  Can't stockpile animal hair, though I think hospital might take it. I just dump it manually on top of hospital.

- Didn't want to convert wolfpack into more wolves?

- MWDF sure makes you care about your castes and such. Vanilla, DT roles seem range from 0,3 to 0,6 suitability without skill, mostly. Without roles, I mostly look for stats and nice things to make into metal items with moods. Maybe have the bonecrafter have an useful preference.

- It's pretty hard to hurt morale to tantrum when not fighting/looking at sentients I think (bolds might have different ethics).

Still, I like to do things like royal rooms and mist generators to keep it up nevertheless, despite never having played in a versions with them.

- Silly vonsch, only dwarves get moods or martial trances!

Makes their small settlements unexpectedly powerful.

- Vanilla, anvils are always iron or steel (barring moods)

- Hahaha, how did that happen to the river? Is there less flow onto-map in MWDF or something? You could build bridge to dam the river via bucket brigade!

Maybe bolds can fit multiple logs into a wheelbarrow? Then those get lost there too. Or maybe new trees grew and you chopped those down.

Swimming requires 4+ water, though. 2-3 does nothing.

- Quintuplets! Do they weight down the mother?

I think that would be abortion, not just gelding, at that stage :p

- I think wells don't work below certain minimum height, not sure.

- The pups are like dwarves vooming up bags for seeds.

- Yeah, I wonder what legends mode has going on.

- What's going to be built on all those new floors? Dormitories?

- Did you embark only in range of pandashi? Could try to provoke war.

- I never brother with crafts. Either trap components or cooking is where it's at for me u.u

- Why not want petitions to stay around? Using taverns just to steal metal stuff from tourists?

- Goblins have no trading vanilla, though they don't bring much interesting anyway if you mod them. Check what they say, though, because here's what I see:

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 01:30:43 pm »

Kobolds have the same traps, but they have different things to load into them along with the usual.  The whips from cloth or leather (ropes) can be upgraded with more thread or bone/wood spurs thingies to do more damage.  We haven't seen them in action thing game and this is my first real kobold fort since MWDF upgraded to 2014 DF version, so don't know how the upgrade has affected them.  Whips used to be pretty nasty though.  I'm loading some with glass daggers (green, for now, will upgrade later), some whips, and some totemhammers.  Totemhammers aremade from a totem and some logs and pack a whallop.  At the moment it's all fairly basic though.  Not selecting for great mechanisms yet.  Or all great weapons.

Clay was getting overgrown, yeah.  Not that hard to fix.  Problem was I had multiple spots zoned to try to avoid big crowds at a single one, and I couldn't find them all!  Got it straightened out.

Yeah, I remember fixmerchants.  Also unsure if it works for any MWDF specific races, if it works at all now.

I found the animal hair thread in trade screen under miscellaneous.  Just missed it before hidden away in all the other kangaroo stuff.  Blocks, beds, doors...

To tame wolves need to trap them first.  The don't seem to want to wander in.  Maybe I should try to resist all the lovely resources next time.  Kobold war wolves would be cool.

No, kobolds get moods.  Already had three.  Then they've stopped.  Very odd.  Unless the logic bases firing them on how many "artifacts" are present compared to time into game.  All those named bucklers could be screwing moods up.  That's all I can theorize at the moment.  Moods aren't essential for skilling, doing that okay without them, but the artifacts would help boost value.  Already have.

Yeah, but in MWDF can/could make anvils from other things too.  Dwarves can make stone ones.

The stream is freezing solid upstream in the cold zone piece.  So that kills the inflow to the section to north.  Thus the level drops until the thaw, then it fills right back up.  I have seen this in legacy games too.  Had forgotten about it, though, when I chose this embark spot.

Wells used to need one elevation above surface, as I recall, but they work fine right on the surface now.  At least in MWDF.  Use them that way all the time.  But here I moved it up due to the water level issue making the well an easy entry past wall.  Not a big deal since the boilds are drinking tea and juice all the time (with the occasion sneaking a drink of booze.)

I am starting to think I misread the embark screen, but... those things always have confused me.  :o  I thought I was in range of goblins, for one.  We did see that one goblin thief.  Maybe they got wiped out?  They still show as a known civ.  I'd rather war with goblins, at least to start.  Closer to our size!

Cooking is too easy.  I always used to just trade meals, but where's the challenge in that?  Unless there's an RP justification, like the theme I am considering for my next dwarf game, or humans, after seeing what Breadbowl is doing.

Crafts are pretty good on a return for materials cost basis.  They are hauler intensive though, unless you use bins, which I consider Satan.  They screw up so many other tasks.  If I reach a certain organizational point, might use them JUST for export goods.  But it's not hard to have a next to the depot qpile and let them be hauled there on an as-built rather than just-in-time basis.  The short haul to depot then when trader arrives is no big issue, other than 50 bolds' body aroma all in one place. 

Just waiting to have room for the petition acceptances.  And choosing the right ones.  Soon.  Rooms are now ready.

One of those new floors is all housing (including some for the tavern-based immigrants.) Clothes and armor making will move up (at least the leather armor) into another so it can get more organized and managed.  May move the precious metalworking building into another.  Metal is so special to bolds it needs a special place.  8)  That should open up ground level to better organize farms and animals... and wood-based stuff.  Probably keep glassmaking near the sand too.  Sand is heavy for bolds.

Goblin civ shows as hostile like yours.  Pandashi shows same as homeland.  So goblins SHOULD come for us at some point.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:45:32 pm by vonsch »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

Oh, cool. Would be cooler if you could store it, along with books.

Vanilla, moods are based on eligible citizens, produced crafts and revealed subterranean tiles. I'm surprired you had any, given the last one.

Wolves don't want to cross the trapped river?

But could just cage-trap all around the map edge. Whatever comes through is military threat.

Hm, yeah, freezing rivers do that. Better dam it, I guess.

Goblins are the same size as dwarves and elves. Also, they may be attacking homeland or other MWDF civs or have too small a site to attack as closest.

Cooking is kinda exponential...Looking at some tiny roasts I get, 3 digits, meh roasts I get barely breaking 4 digits, but syrup roasts get 5-digits, max stack milkcooking with good skill? 6 digits, whole plant&sugar barrels - 7 digits. A thousandfold difference between "what does this button do" and "okay, now lets make something really good".

But with the amount of jobs required there, trap components are better most of the time, hence me asking. Can't boozecook your way to buying first caravan in a month with 1 farmer and 2 brewers - heck, putting "make mechanism" on repeat x3 would buy more than those - but can buy it with 3 carpenters (though in terms of pure wealth generation, building designer is king.)

Crafts: Store all in a minecart, trade the minecart. That's what I do with all those tiny (and large, but that needs skill) roasts I get. No need to get all haulers at once.

You don't need to have room for petition acceptances, they'll sleep fine on the floor. Technically, citizens do that too, but they tend to go to sleep in inconvenient places such as where you wanted to  build new stuff.

If there was supposed to be a picture, it is missing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:39:14 pm by Fleeting Frames »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »

Vanilla, moods are based on eligible citizens, produced crafts and revealed subterranean tiles. I'm surprired you had any, given the last one.
I didn't know the conditions for vanilla moods.  But I don't know how Meph handles them since he clearly is allowing them to some degree.

Wolves don't want to cross the trapped river?
I am probably killing them before they can.  :D  That's a lot of good bones!  Wold bones are better than rat bones.   And leather.  And meat.  But I am pretty settled now, so I think I will let the next pack wander more.

But could just cage-trap all around the map edge. Whatever comes through is military threat.
Too extreme for me.  On maps with a good stream (brooks are too shallow) or river that doesn't fluxuate, trapping a one tile walkway works very nicely.

Hm, yeah, freezing rivers do that. Better dam it, I guess.

Goblins are the same size as dwarves and elves. Also, they may be attacking homeland or other MWDF civs or have too small a site to attack as closest.

Cooking is kinda exponential...Looking at some tiny roasts I get, 3 digits, meh roasts I get barely breaking 4 digits, but syrup roasts get 5-digits, max stack milkcooking with good skill? 6 digits, whole plant&sugar barrels - 7 digits. A thousandfold difference between "what does this button do" and "okay, now lets make something really good".
Absolutely.  I did a lot of cooking in legacy games.  Even tinkered with forcing 4 different feeds into the kitchen (what a pain!)  Sorta worked.  Prone to blockages though.  More doable with planned farming and ranching to keep steady supplies of specific materials.

But with the amount of jobs required there, trap components are better most of the time, hence me asking. Can't boozecook your way to buying first caravan in a month with 1 farmer and 2 brewers - heck, putting "make mechanism" on repeat x3 would buy more than those - but can buy it with 3 carpenters (though in terms of pure wealth generation, building designer is king.)

I don't want all that crap though!  It's just fps killer, clutter and adds nothing to value unless it's remanufactured.

Crafts: Store all in a minecart, trade the minecart. That's what I do with all those tiny (and large, but that needs skill) roasts I get. No need to get all haulers at once.

Hmm, maybe doable with an actual rail system for kobolds, but lugging a full minecart?  No thanks.  ;) Those things get HEAVY.

You don't need to have room for petition acceptances, they'll sleep fine on the floor. Technically, citizens do that too, but they tend to go to sleep in inconvenient places such as where you wanted to  build new stuff.
ns
Oh, I know that.  RP reasons.

If there was supposed to be a picture, it is missing.
No pic intended.  Hit return too many times and didn't notice.  And fixed it.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 12:22:31 am »

The chronicle of the year 104 (first half)

Had a really ill-timed crash that set me back almost a whole season.  It's early autumn.

http://imgur.com/a/0KxDB

Order may be screwy again.  Next one of these I do won't be done with Imgur albums.  Looks like it decided to duplicate everything this time.  Afraid to try deleting the dupes since *I* didn't put them in twice.  Might kill both parts.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:46:18 pm by vonsch »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 01:29:14 pm »

Yeah, haven't trapped whole edge yet myself either, got the crazy idea from another player.

When trading the minecart, you can just stole it right next to - or even on top of depot, if security isn't a  concern. Still has to haul stuff into it, but after that no problem. Things with distance: 0 to depot don't need to be hauled at all, I think? Not sure, I tend to make my depot open-air with forbidden hatches and thief traps.

- Don't kids take toys out of burrows? I recall there was some sort of bug with those. We'll see, I guess.

- 16 steel bars, hm. Going on weapons, I take it?

- Heh, happiness booster building. Cute, but are bolds more prone to tantrums than dwarves?

- Haven't done with clay and sand much. Not sure how much rock crystals weight, but glass and kiln tend to go near wood industry close to the surface, so going below is troublesome.

- No poultsplosions?

- Aren't rats normally kind of vermin?

- yay getting rid of thread

- wow you have nice mix indeed. Medium World? Though yeah finding names is a pain. Tip: First names stay same.

Wow, never viewed job details on recite poetry.

- I warned you about shield, crossbow and melee weapon all together not working for me.

Also, named things don't get any bonuses. Sadly. You can have "artifact" cheese, though.

- Tavern has a bit of painting, heh. I've used clear glass, ice and microcline together, though that door reminds me of mass-hiding things, feels a bit ghostly.

- I usually leave instruments laying on ground, barring ones that need to be built. Goblets similarly; if someone wants a goblet they go to craftsdwarf, pick one up, go drink whenever the drink is (stills often end up having ¶ in center) and then leave the goblet there.

I like the temple of whispering. Big Boss gets lots of furniture.

So much housing!

- I didn't see any duplicate images. But you could use a throwaway test images to test that.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 03:29:46 pm »

- Don't kids take toys out of burrows? I recall there was some sort of bug with those. We'll see, I guess.
I had kids in burrow and toys not in a burrow and kids locked into burrow.  That worked.

- 16 steel bars, hm. Going on weapons, I take it?
Looks like steel will go to armor.  Crystal glass weapons are superior to steel from what I can tell.  Al least pointy or edged.  It's very sharp.  They are certainly working out so far.  Need armored foes before we really know.

- Heh, happiness booster building. Cute, but are bolds more prone to tantrums than dwarves?
Less so.  But when things go south... bolds go insane too.

- No poultsplosions?
Don't like dealing with eggs!

- Aren't rats normally kind of vermin?
These are jack rats, special kobold ranch animals.  And a giant version used to pull wagons.

- I warned you about shield, crossbow and melee weapon all together not working for me.
Yep.  Didn't really expect it to work, but was worth a try.  Not sure dual-daggers and buckler will work in action either.  The two daggers work, just not sure buckler will block and bold won't drop something.

Also, named things don't get any bonuses. Sadly. You can have "artifact" cheese, though.
Yeah, I didn't think they got bonuses.  Owner just gets annoyed if their special things disappear from settlement.  So I pop them in display cases.

- I didn't see any duplicate images. But you could use a throwaway test images to test that.
It may be a weird interaction only for me since I have Imgur open in one browser tab and this thread in another, then I click Imgur link to verify it's right and see that second Imgur album scrambled in some fashion.  The order of the added images, that is.  Weird.  If it's right on your end I'll just ignore it on mine.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 04:11:50 pm »

dfhack should tell if crystal glass has greater or lesser sharpness.

For eggs and poultsplosions, I prefer to use standard airlock system to minimize FPS loss. But do the eggs count as meat?

And yeah, order seems right on my end.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 08:47:27 pm »

Dfhack is where I determined it is a lot sharper than steel.  A lot.

I hate dealing with eggs so much I have never tried them with bolds.  So not sure.  One would expect they would be.  Fish certainly is "meat."

Hey, we had a weretapir!  Update soon.  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4