Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Constitutional Convention (RP Nomic)(Interest Check)  (Read 1220 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
The Constitutional Convention (RP Nomic)(Interest Check)
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:53:36 pm »

Kinda wanting to start up a game of Nomic, but with a couple of twists to it.  Besides being in the process of creating a constitution in this game that will be carried over to a politics game structured around it, I'm wanting a slightly more RP focus to it.  How will I go about causing this?  Everyone who signs up will be private messaged a short, randomly generated character sheet that will list a few different details about the area you would be representing in the convention, with the sheet possibly carried over to the second game.  In particular, it would include population density, general level of wealth, three common occupations, two major industries, and the location's name.  Not including Ethnic or Religious statistics as those are a bit too dangerous to work with.  Anyway, with that information, everyone then tries to set up the constitution to give their location the best deal.

Besides this, there will be two phases that pass in real time.  Monday thru Friday will compose the first phase, wherein additions and amendments, to existing parts of the constitution or proposed additions, are proposed and in-character debated to garner or detract support.  On Saturday and Sunday, debate stops and a compilation post is made of all propositions, after which the votes are cast.  It will take a simple majority to add stuff to the constitution and require 2/3rds support to remove stuff, during the convention.  Players would be able to ask for an application at any time, but I must request that they wait until the following Monday to join in.

Once there are at least 20 parts to the constitution, and the constitution includes methods for people to get into office, to create and enforce laws, a system to judge criminals, and a way to add amendments to the constitution, a vote may be called to call the constitution completed.  This vote requires at least a 3/4 majority.  At that point it'll switch over to a nomic game that runs off of the rules created in the constitution, but with random crisises occuring to the fictional nation the constitution governs every week.

So, anyone interested?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Constitutional Convention (RP Nomic)(Interest Check)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:55:26 am »

I'm interested in this, though as usual I somewhat doubt my rp abilities.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:13:53 am »

I'm interested in this, though as usual I somewhat doubt my rp abilities.

Rip off historical quotes and speeches to boost quality if necessary.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 11:21:32 am »

Interested.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »

Interested.

Hopefully at least a third person will show up.  I'd prefer more, but I consider three is the bare minimum.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »

I'm interested.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?