Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dfhack change FPS limit command  (Read 3308 times)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dfhack change FPS limit command
« on: September 09, 2016, 05:33:43 pm »

i like the game, but i always thought it was too fast, i got a new computer and at 140FPS the dwarves are just buzzing past, it seems like fps is linked to the speed of the game itself, somehow. i limited it to 30 fps so it was a more reasonable speed, but id like a way to change it ingame , with DFhack. im on version 34, not the newer 42 and 43 versions.

edit: found it, the command is setfps . i would delete this but i dont know how.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:41:49 pm by 123nick »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: dfhack change FPS limit command
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 05:45:40 pm »

There should be options to change the FPS in the init files, specifically "data/init.txt" or "data/d_init.txt". There are two options, one for the "FPS" and one for the "G_FPS". "G_FPS" controls how fast the game draws frames, "FPS" changes how fast the game is simulated.

"FPS" really should be called "UPS", and "G_FPS" just "FPS". The way things are named now is confusing.

AFAIK there is actually a hotkey that allows you to change the "frame limit" built into the game (no DFHack required), but I forget what it is.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:19:07 pm »

What's "U"? "TPS" would make more sense.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 02:23:17 am »

What's "U"? "TPS" would make more sense.
Updates.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 04:38:35 am »

"UPS" is a bit too similar to the name of a major parcel shipping company. I wouldn't want UPS being used to update my screen.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 11:44:25 am »

Updates Per Second is pretty much standard terminology in the rest of the games industry...

BTW: I think the hotkey to change frame limit is Alt+= and Alt+-
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS