Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16116 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:24:18 am »

Original Thread

Spoiler: Acknowledgements (click to show/hide)

You find yourselves in various locations around a pair of large wagons, complete with  two pairs of rhinoceroses to pull them.

Wolfman, you are the driver on the lead cart.

PYLON, you are strapped in to the back of the lead cart, with a view of both carts. You have a weird little module attached to you with a couple buttons on it. manipulating one button will read off a list of supplies in gnome voice. The other buttons read off lists of required items, in the voices of several of the npcs. looks like it's mostly barter. PYLON is to guard the carts from theft and teammate fuckery. And also to NOT kill the rhinoceroses. Also, some of hte items listed are a tad volatile, so try not to set them off either.

You other two are kinda plopped into the second cart. You were dumped in unceremoniously, right on top of piles of stuff.

Looking about, youfind yourselves in a desert that feels hotter than even Omega Base. looking up, you begin to see why. Two suns sit high in the sky: one, a small orange blob, and the other, a tiny blue pinprick. that one hurts to look at. And, across a large swath of the flat horizon, is a large glowing arc, like a setting sun writ ten times as large and a tenth the brightness.

The road ahead is dusty, flat, and empty. a small map, also attached to PYLON, suggests that the city you are heading to lies in a canyn up ahead, but it is not visible in the baked haze that is your immediate future.

Oh, and Altair has a little wooden disk with a copper band encircling it that he can use to practice his craft. If he came along at all.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:45:21 am »

Sweating in the heat

Sure they can teleport people all over the planet but cant keep us cool in the heat

Look for weapons/water in the carts and look for any towns or villages that we are supposed to get the supplies from
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 02:19:14 pm »

"FORWARD, FURRY. PYLON IS NOT INTERESTED IN WAITING AROUND FOR YOUR SLOW MIND."
Zap any insects that get too close to the cargo.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 03:37:15 pm »

((Can I get a more thorough description of my wooden circle(rough size, how sturdy it seems to be, how heavy it is, etcetera). Also, what do I know about the rhinos, and what can I find out by watching them?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »

Sweating in the heat

Sure they can teleport people all over the planet but cant keep us cool in the heat

Look for weapons/water in the carts and look for any towns or villages that we are supposed to get the supplies from
You find a sack labeled with an Omega, and images depicting a furry fanged thing, an obelisk with zappy lines coming out of it, a little guy holding fresh bread with aroma lines coming off it, and some funny symbols and a little dancing frog. Inside are wide brimmed hats and canteens.

"FORWARD, FURRY. PYLON IS NOT INTERESTED IN WAITING AROUND FOR YOUR SLOW MIND."
Zap any insects that get too close to the cargo.
the furry guy, whose name I have forgotten, places a hat on you. You zap some motes in the air, but find no insects to speak of at the moment.

((Can I get a more thorough description of my wooden circle(rough size, how sturdy it seems to be, how heavy it is, etcetera). Also, what do I know about the rhinos, and what can I find out by watching them?))
it is abotu a foot and a half in diameter, an inch and a half thick, is sturdy enough to stand on, and weighs about five pounds. It's awkward enough that you can't just carry it around and still use both hands for complicated tasks. The rhinos are big, smelly, and seemingly placid at the moment. One of them poops at you. well, at the ground in your general direction. It's smally and round and brown. They have small ears (the rhinos, not the poops) and beady eyes. they are wide with shortish legs.They have two horns, sie by side on their snouts, and a small crownof bone ridges on their heads.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »

((That's about all I needed to know for now, thanks.))
Oy, driver! Mind doing me a favor? I just had the most fantastic idea, and I'll need your cooperation.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 05:44:40 pm »

"PYLON DOES NOT THINK THAT SO CALLED BRILLIANT IDEAS ARE THE TASK AT HAND."
Lightly zap any mad science that could endanger the mission and the cargo.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 07:44:27 pm »

Start moving carts moving on the road or in the direction of any towns I can see. Also put on a hat.

(Varrick NightStalker is my characters name)

Tell me the idea first and I might consider it
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:01:30 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »

Huddle down in the wagon, attempting to shield my past(r)y white skin from the wrath of the suns.
If offered a hat, hide under it gratefully.

"...Um, where are we going?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:51:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »

"PYLON DOES NOT THINK THAT SO CALLED BRILLIANT IDEAS ARE THE TASK AT HAND."
Lightly zap any mad science that could endanger the mission and the cargo.
No mad science is immediately forthcoming. wait is he gesturing ominously? Better zap him to be sure. and that Rhino is giving you the evil eye. better give it a good jolt too. In fact, everyone here is mad. better lightly frie the lot of them.

Start moving carts moving on the road or in the direction of any towns I can see. Also put on a hat.

(Varrick NightStalker is my characters name)

Tell me the idea first and I might consider it
Hat placed. You whip the reins a bit, with a little 'hya!' The Rhinos take off suddenly, with a jolt, tipping you backward in your seat, and knocking PYLON into a thirty seven degree angle. The Rhinos make steady progress toward teh gulch ahead. you hope they know when to stop. They .... do know when to stop, don't they?

Huddle down in the wagon, attempting to shield my past(r)y white skin from the wrath of the suns.
If offered a hat, hide under it gratefully.

"...Um, where are we going?"
You take a hat and cover your lightly freckled skinny legs. You squish and adjust to keep out of direct sunlight, but it's a challenge, especially with the sudden, jerky motions the Rhinos make.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 06:57:28 pm »

"YEE HAW COWBOY."
Wait.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 08:09:06 pm »

use the reins to try to avoid driving off anything
My Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 08:48:13 pm »

Hang onto my hat. Hang onto the wagon. Just generally hang on.
Also try not to get sunburnt.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 08:54:13 pm »

Attemlt to ignore the driver's blatant disrespect for his elders, while gently stroking Terry's back. Whistle cheerfully while doing so.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 07:09:14 pm »

peek out from under the burlap sacks.

resume napping until we arrive, if at all possible.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11