Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16191 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 06:22:16 pm »

"YEE HAW COWBOY."
Wait.
Ah, the classics, they never go out of style. You wonder idly how many gallons this hat is.

use the reins to try to avoid driving off anything

You get the rhinos onto the descending road witout incident. turns out, it is rather broad and at a shallow slope. You look out on a wide, deep canyon. at the bottom is a sea that extends to either side to the horizon. You faintly see what may be cliffs directly across though. below you is a layer of cloud, which stretches out across the sea. It seems to rest in a band of hte atmosphere, below the level of the cliffs, but well above the level of the canyon floor. As you enter the cloud layer, visibility drops to near zero, and temperatures drop a bit, but the humidity makes everyone very uncomfortable.

after a while, you descend below the clouds and get your first look at the city. It is massive, sprawling, brightly lit, and swarming with sapients. numerous roads extend up the cliffs into residential areas build along the steep slopes, or along the broad canyon plain, or into the cliff face itself, or even arcing out into the sea. Some of the ones going out to sea appear to fall below the sea, and there is traffic on those as well as on the others. Your particular road is lightly traveled until you get a bit closer, where rads begin to merge and mingle. THe architecture of the place is eclectic, with tall spires, bright blue towers, coral like buildings, rough stone monoliths, wide open areas and densely packed. Some of the spires have traffic branching off them as well, both along lines that crisscross the city, and through the air itself.

"Papers, please." Greets a professionally friendly voice at the checkpoint.

Hang onto my hat. Hang onto the wagon. Just generally hang on.
Also try not to get sunburnt.

You get a little pink. luckily, your constitution absorbs the damage and the pink begins to settle in after a while. might get a tan if you are lucky. or the pink could turn red - it's at that threshold.

Attemlt to ignore the driver's blatant disrespect for his elders, while gently stroking Terry's back. Whistle cheerfully while doing so.
you poke your roach in the head a time or two, while sputtering an attempt at Old Man River, with a slightly sardonic smile. your feelings are only hurt a little.

peek out from under the burlap sacks.

resume napping until we arrive, if at all possible.

The plateau you just left feels ... right. going down into the underlands feels less right. You fall asleep again almost aimmediately, and are awoken by the sound ofthe customs guard asking for papers.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 07:16:54 pm »

Varrick growls a little at the annoyance

Everyone up and help me find the paperwork

Putting deed to action he starts digging through the carts looking for the paperwork

(I'm going to attempt to roleplay someone with -2 to carisma, on a trading mission. Well this is going to end in !!FUN!!)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 10:22:13 pm »

Awed by the increasingly strange sights of both the landscape and the approaching city, Thrips had forgotten his fear of sunburn (they were shielded by cloud now, anyway) and was staring wide-eyed and open-mouthed out of the cart at his surroundings. His bung eye was so overwhelmed by the sights on offer that it had come askew and was drifting lazily down and leftwards, only to snap more-or-less back into place at Varrick's growled command.

He rummaged half-heartedly through the cart he was in, looking for any paper-y objects he could find. Or any food. He was still a bit hungry.

Help search the cart I'm in for our papers. If we have any of those. Or a snack if there's anything like that to be had.
Go back to admiring the surroundings at the earliest opportunity.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »

seek out the flattenned tree barks and if found give them to varrick.

while he inspects them put him under very close scrutiny and divest him of any snacks in his possession.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 11:40:46 pm »

PYLON emits a sound comparable to running a lightning bolt over a cheese grater made of crickets.
"THAT SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY. PYLON AND ITS COMPANIONS ARE SENT UNDER ORDER OF THE OMEGA LEGION, WITH THE WILL OF THE CROWN BEHIND US. THE ORGANIC WOULD BE WELL ADVISED TO OBSERVE OUR MARKS AND LET US PASS."
Be a tiny metal god of anger and thunder.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 04:44:09 pm »

Varrick growls a little at the annoyance

Everyone up and help me find the paperwork

Putting deed to action he starts digging through the carts looking for the paperwork

(I'm going to attempt to roleplay someone with -2 to carisma, on a trading mission. Well this is going to end in !!FUN!!)
You shove a handful of papers at the officer. She smiles .. weird how humans do that, it sends chills up your spine .. and begins to leaf through them, handing most back to you, stamping a couple, and taking a few of them. "Please wait here. Pull your carts over to this area, if you will, for a routine inspection. Oh! Where are my manners? Welcome to Om'Genia!"
You pullo ver, and the guards do a brisk search of the cart. Finding nothing amiss, except the occupants ("they are on the manifest, they must be the ones." "it's Omega, they never cease to perplex"), they wave you onward.

Awed by the increasingly strange sights of both the landscape and the approaching city, Thrips had forgotten his fear of sunburn (they were shielded by cloud now, anyway) and was staring wide-eyed and open-mouthed out of the cart at his surroundings. His bung eye was so overwhelmed by the sights on offer that it had come askew and was drifting lazily down and leftwards, only to snap more-or-less back into place at Varrick's growled command.

He rummaged half-heartedly through the cart he was in, looking for any paper-y objects he could find. Or any food. He was still a bit hungry.

Help search the cart I'm in for our papers. If we have any of those. Or a snack if there's anything like that to be had.
Go back to admiring the surroundings at the earliest opportunity.   

You hand some loose papers to Varrick and discover, in your travel bag, some of Omega's standard fare - stale bread and moldy cheese. It's less hard than normal. They must have gone all out for this expedition. 'Covered by clouds' does not mean 'safe from sunburn.' nor is the cloud bank universal. In fact, from below, it is more of a haze than a cloud bank. Or perhaps the clouds have dispersed. Nevertheless, you avoid sunburn for another round.

seek out the flattenned tree barks and if found give them to varrick.

while he inspects them put him under very close scrutiny and divest him of any snacks in his possession.

You pull some papers off of PYLON and hand them to Varrick, who stuffs them at the guard. these seem to satisfy her, and she directs the group off to the side, where a small group of guards matches your supplies with your manifest. You pick through Varrick's fur and find a few juicy ticks. You barely notice at first when the guard sticks a couple of those flattened tree barks into your hand.

PYLON emits a sound comparable to running a lightning bolt over a cheese grater made of crickets.
"THAT SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY. PYLON AND ITS COMPANIONS ARE SENT UNDER ORDER OF THE OMEGA LEGION, WITH THE WILL OF THE CROWN BEHIND US. THE ORGANIC WOULD BE WELL ADVISED TO OBSERVE OUR MARKS AND LET US PASS."
Be a tiny metal god of anger and thunder.
One of the guards sets you upright, with a soothing "yes, yes, there there." Apoplectic with rage, you holler "Fear Me! I am very angry now! The smiting shall commence! The Queen will have your heads!" but no one really pays you any mind. You are still rattling on when the cart rattles on.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 05:52:46 pm »

Look around as we travel. Watch the other cart to see if there appears to be anything interesting about it, other than its cargo. Out of the corner of my eye, check out Pylon and try and learn more about how it works.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »

continue onward into town start looking around for places we could start shopping for supplies
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 09:50:54 pm »

Follow my nose to the market district.

where theres food stalls, stores cant be far away.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 05:04:02 pm »

Look around as we travel. Watch the other cart to see if there appears to be anything interesting about it, other than its cargo. Out of the corner of my eye, check out Pylon and try and learn more about how it works.
The cart is pretty sturdy, which might be surprising, considering Omega's apparent limitations on budget.
"Hey PYLON, how do you work?"

"I shout at insufferable fools, and electrocute things."

Follow my nose to the market district.

where theres food stalls, stores cant be far away.

continue onward into town start looking around for places we could start shopping for supplies
Conveniently, your 'to do' list has directions to the nearest commercial district. And look at that, right next to a farmers' market. The schnitzel smells divine. Your first task will be to unload three bags of serrated spider silk to the Finch Brothers' Tailor Shop. Looks like a classy establishment.

You roll up to the front of the shop. It's in a busy area, but is just off the main throughway, on a quieter side street. it has real glass windows in front, and a balcony and everything. Even the paint looks new. After this stop, you'll need to deliver some spices to the Charmbriam Cookery, thre blocks over, and pick up Six pounds of Shroopotatoes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 07:04:06 pm »

Grab the spider silk bags for delivery and dump them inside of the shop

When inside the shop Delivery

After head to the Charmbriam cookery
My Sig

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 08:07:03 pm »

((The reason I said "out of the corner of my eye" was to be subtle about it. I was trying to avoid Pylon even noticing my gaze IC. I'll try to be more clear about my intentions next time.))
Wait for the cart to stop. Without speaking, try to get a look at Pylon. See if I can discern anything about how he functions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 08:15:22 pm »

Anything we're looking to pick up from here?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »

Follow Varrick into the shop, pretending to help as an excuse to have a look around. Admire/examine the stuff on display.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 10:49:59 pm »

experiment with sorcery while the silk gets delivered.

pull out my geode and pick up a rock off of the street, see if I can channel my sorcery through the geode in order to cause an amber shell to form around the rock.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11