Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16109 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2016, 07:32:13 pm »

Thrips's eyes darted about nervously, coming to terms with the increasingly-strange situation he found himself in.
What was he doing here, anyway? On a supply-gathering mission for a bunch of lunatics in a desert, whom apparently he was one of now, holding the shield of a guard in some bizarre city built into a cliff whilst said guard arrests his new co-workers? None of it made much sense, so taking a detached view of the situation he decided upon what seemed like the best course of action to get things back on track before they got any worse.

Slowwwly, surreptitiously begin edging my way back, away from the guards and the shropfront and the scene outside, towards the back room.
Continue holding the shield and stop moving if anyone turns to look at me. Once I've managed to sneak out of the room, locate the shopkeeper.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »

Do not move from where I stand or break my gaze with the wizard.

use my tail to deter any overzealous guards from assaulting me, but aside from that take no hostile actions.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2016, 04:32:36 pm »

Right, ok. Please don't poke me. I'm allergic to pointy things.

Get out of the cart.
You are taken into custody without incident. Your cheesemaking supplies are rummaged through, then left in the cart.

"BLOODY IDIOTS, ALL OF THEM.
FOOLS! UNHAND MY MINIONS OR I SHALL HAVE TO ELIMINATE YOU."

I guess it would be plausible for PYLON to be able to electrify it's surface? If so, discourage these men from touching the lamppost. If that wizard starts casting, vaporize it.
You knock the first round of guards flying with your zappety zap zap. The next pair don some thick leather gloves.

Altair speaks with a tone of calm authority, if he can muster it. Either way, he exits the cart, complying with the guards. He speaks first to Pylon.
Alright, calm down son. No need to escalate things.
Afterwards, he turns to the guards.
Sorry about these lads behavior, they're neither a bright nor a particularly charismatic sort. I'll speak on their behalf if you like, and I'd also really appreciate if you didn't stab any of us until after you give me a chance to speak.
Speak. Also, without any chanting, create a large lightningproof ward surrounding Pylon to prevent him from causing trouble.
You know what's hilarious? Besids your -1 cahrisma and roll of 2? It's that I intended literally no hostilities form this encounter, and, like, almost everyone is trying not to escalate, but here we are. Anyway, you are taken into custody without harm, but are both ignored, and blindfolded, preventing you from casting your ward.

Let the other guy talk them down. Remain calm

you, likewise, are taken into custody without incident. You are muzzled, because of the froth, and bound so as not to lash out suddenly, but are unharmed, if a little sore.

Thrips's eyes darted about nervously, coming to terms with the increasingly-strange situation he found himself in.
What was he doing here, anyway? On a supply-gathering mission for a bunch of lunatics in a desert, whom apparently he was one of now, holding the shield of a guard in some bizarre city built into a cliff whilst said guard arrests his new co-workers? None of it made much sense, so taking a detached view of the situation he decided upon what seemed like the best course of action to get things back on track before they got any worse.

Slowwwly, surreptitiously begin edging my way back, away from the guards and the shropfront and the scene outside, towards the back room.
Continue holding the shield and stop moving if anyone turns to look at me. Once I've managed to sneak out of the room, locate the shopkeeper.

Ahahahahahahaha. this is hilarious. You slide right off into the shop, and freeze in panic when someone grabs your arm. "what's going on out there? I can't see anything," comes a whisper. You turn slightly, and sigh in audible relief at seeing that it is the shopkeeper tuggin at your sleeve, looking worried and curious all at once.

Do not move from where I stand or break my gaze with the wizard.

use my tail to deter any overzealous guards from assaulting me, but aside from that take no hostile actions.

You remain rock steady, and whip your tail lightly at a few reaching hands, which draw back with startled curses. You never break eye contact with the wizard, who smiles ever so slightly at your display.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2016, 05:00:53 pm »

"PYLON DEMANDS THAT YOU UNHAND PYLON. SIMPLE RUBBER INSULATION SHALL NOT PROTECT YOUR WEAK FLESH."
Look so hazardous to touch that none of these fools will bother, even with their feeble protection.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2016, 07:01:42 pm »

stay calm and hope the guards cant charge people without them committing any crimes
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2016, 10:51:56 am »

Hum softly while I wait for the guard to arrest Pylon. Wordlessly attempt to surround myself (and Terry) in a small, invisible ward that dispels electricity.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2016, 01:49:51 pm »

Durmokh mutters under his breath.

Ack, I almost wish they'd turned me over to the 'ammerer rather than sending me out with this noisy lightning pole thing. This is just embarrassing.
At least the 'ammer would have been quick. It's big and silver.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2016, 09:07:09 pm »

Wait for the guards to figure out their mistake.

continue with my staring contest.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2016, 12:15:26 am »

Thrips froze up for a second as the shopkeeper grabbed him.
Once he'd fought down the urge to cry out in surprise, as well as thought of something to say, he began speaking quickly, almost babbling, in his raspy little voice whilst fidgeting nervously with the shield he was still carrying. His eyes darted about the room as he spoke.

"A terrible misunderstanding is what's goin' on out there, sir, an' one that's likely to end poorly for all involved if it ain't put a stop to right now. Them folks what your guards are arrestin' are simply... simple government employees, sent with a shopping list to gather things an' such for their employers. Now I reckon you could save both yourself an' the people what sent them a lot of trouble- not to mention fines, that sort 'f thing- by callin' off your guards and forgettin' all this unpleasantness ever went an' happened so as we-- I mean, them-- can get on with their business unem-, un-err, unim-... without problems."

Say the above. Await response.

Be ready to whack the shopkeeper over the head with the shield I'm carrying should he do anything unhelpful.
Glance quickly around the room we're in, scan it for other people, weapons, escape routes and food, in that order.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2016, 01:45:41 pm »

"PYLON DEMANDS THAT YOU UNHAND PYLON. SIMPLE RUBBER INSULATION SHALL NOT PROTECT YOUR WEAK FLESH."
Look so hazardous to touch that none of these fools will bother, even with their feeble protection.
perhaps it's the minor glitch in your voice. maybe it's the little sparkling things, sputtering into nothingness as you make your display, but something gives these men the confidence to handle you. Maybe their just that professional. Or stupid. Anyway, you get hauled out of the cart, and a leather bag is brought to place over you. it isn't placed over yuo juuuust yet though.

stay calm and hope the guards cant charge people without them committing any crimes
And won't put down rabid monsters until they've infected at least one poor village child, as the traditions decree?

Hum softly while I wait for the guard to arrest Pylon. Wordlessly attempt to surround myself (and Terry) in a small, invisible ward that dispels electricity.
You get yourself a nice, glowing blue barrier that sparkles and hums. this draws a lot of attention.

Ack, I almost wish they'd turned me over to the 'ammerer rather than sending me out with this noisy lightning pole thing. This is just embarrassing.

The guard holding you laughs and responds, "Oh? a masterwork of Dwarven craft, I'm sure. An honor to be beaten by one, if one can survive the blows. Well, we all have our schist to haul, as they say."

Wait for the guards to figure out their mistake.

continue with my staring contest.

the spellcaster breaks eye contact when your friend erupts into glowing blue and sparkly bits. He turns his attention calmly to that spectacle instead.

Thrips froze up for a second as the shopkeeper grabbed him.
Once he'd fought down the urge to cry out in surprise, as well as thought of something to say, he began speaking quickly, almost babbling, in his raspy little voice whilst fidgeting nervously with the shield he was still carrying. His eyes darted about the room as he spoke.

"A terrible misunderstanding is what's goin' on out there, sir, an' one that's likely to end poorly for all involved if it ain't put a stop to right now. Them folks what your guards are arrestin' are simply... simple government employees, sent with a shopping list to gather things an' such for their employers. Now I reckon you could save both yourself an' the people what sent them a lot of trouble- not to mention fines, that sort 'f thing- by callin' off your guards and forgettin' all this unpleasantness ever went an' happened so as we-- I mean, them-- can get on with their business unem-, un-err, unim-... without problems."

Say the above. Await response.

Be ready to whack the shopkeeper over the head with the shield I'm carrying should he do anything unhelpful.
Glance quickly around the room we're in, scan it for other people, weapons, escape routes and food, in that order.

the dice love you right now. About halfway through your spiel, the shopkeeper interrupts you. "Oh! That mark. Omega! You're here with my delivery! oh my."
You consider hitting him with the shield for interrupting (at least, you tell yourself you were that brave some time later), but he is gone before you get the chance.
"Sir!, Oh sir! Call off your men, please. It's fine, it's fine. A delivery, sir. nothing more." this seems to do the trick, because the gentleman in question calls off the guards.

So, the guards, having hauled you all out of the cart, leave the mobile of you to haul PYLON back into the cart, and return to their previous posts, leaning against the wall and waiting on their lord. You are allowed to carry the silk in, to be inspected by the shopkeeper, who spends several minutes checking the weave, the trim, the weight, and whatever else clothiers care about, after he's finished wit hhis current customer, of course. Finally, he writes up a scrip and adds it to your paperwork, complete with a seal featuring a needle with thread. He also deposits several bundles into the cart - clothing and gloves for some of the Omega personnel.

On to the Bakery!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »

"ALRIGHT, NEW HOUSERULE; THE FURRED ORGANIC MAY NOT BE THE ONE TO FIRST DELIVER SUPPLIES IN FUTURE.
ON THREAT OF ATOMIZATION."

Cranky mobile deadly lightpole.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:18 pm »

The guard holding you laughs and responds, "Oh? a masterwork of Dwarven craft, I'm sure. An honor to be beaten by one, if one can survive the blows. Well, we all have our schist to haul, as they say."

Hehe, yeah. It menaces with spikes and everything. Sadly, the spikes are all on the handle. The smith who made it was more than a little odd.

"ALRIGHT, NEW HOUSERULE; THE FURRED ORGANIC MAY NOT BE THE ONE TO FIRST DELIVER SUPPLIES IN FUTURE.
ON THREAT OF ATOMIZATION."

Cranky mobile deadly lightpole.

Bit harsh if you ask me.

Climb back into the cart.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2016, 05:09:09 pm »

Thrips blinked a couple of times in surprise, then heaved an audible sigh of relief and made his way back to the cart.
He mostly still felt rather on-edge from the whole situation, some of the adrenaline still buzzing through his small frame, but also somewhat pleased with how he handled the situation. Didn't go nearly as bad as he'd expected!

Return to the cart and climb aboard. Leave cranky mobile deadly lightpole for somebody else to deal with.
Accept any praise for saving the day with a demure smile and nod.
Booze is Life for Yoink

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2016, 06:27:13 pm »

Get back into the cart. Leave Pylon for somebody younger and stronger to move.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2016, 07:07:48 pm »

Damn paranoid gits this is why I left civilization

Mutter darkly about the guards as I drive the cart to the next stop
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11