Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16247 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2016, 06:20:57 am »

unceremoniously pick pylon up and drop him in the back of the cart, unless hes heavy.

follow cart to bakery
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2016, 06:23:45 am »

((Aww, I was hoping for Pylon being forgotten to become a running joke. :P))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2016, 07:27:24 am »

((I did leave that if hes heavy clause for exactly that reason.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2016, 11:58:36 am »

"ALRIGHT, NEW HOUSERULE; THE FURRED ORGANIC MAY NOT BE THE ONE TO FIRST DELIVER SUPPLIES IN FUTURE.
ON THREAT OF ATOMIZATION."

Cranky mobile deadly lightpole.
mobile? Says who?

Thrips blinked a couple of times in surprise, then heaved an audible sigh of relief and made his way back to the cart.
He mostly still felt rather on-edge from the whole situation, some of the adrenaline still buzzing through his small frame, but also somewhat pleased with how he handled the situation. Didn't go nearly as bad as he'd expected!

Return to the cart and climb aboard. Leave cranky mobile deadly lightpole for somebody else to deal with.
Accept any praise for saving the day with a demure smile and nod.

No one notices, apparently. Figures.

unceremoniously pick pylon up and drop him in the back of the cart, unless hes heavy.

follow cart to bakery

You lift him up in and walk along between the carts.

Durmokh mutters under his breath.

Ack, I almost wish they'd turned me over to the 'ammerer rather than sending me out with this noisy lightning pole thing. This is just embarrassing.
At least the 'ammer would have been quick. It's big and silver.

The guard holding you laughs and responds, "Oh? a masterwork of Dwarven craft, I'm sure. An honor to be beaten by one, if one can survive the blows. Well, we all have our schist to haul, as they say."

Hehe, yeah. It menaces with spikes and everything. Sadly, the spikes are all on the handle. The smith who made it was more than a little odd.

"ALRIGHT, NEW HOUSERULE; THE FURRED ORGANIC MAY NOT BE THE ONE TO FIRST DELIVER SUPPLIES IN FUTURE.
ON THREAT OF ATOMIZATION."

Cranky mobile deadly lightpole.

Bit harsh if you ask me.

Climb back into the cart.
"Yeah. 'Strange moods' and all that. Smiths are all a little odd, you ask me. Well, take care. Good luck."

into the cart you climb.

Harsh? Looks like you are about to find out otherwise.

Get back into the cart. Leave Pylon for somebody younger and stronger to move.
in you go.

Damn paranoid gits this is why I left civilization

Mutter darkly about the guards as I drive the cart to the next stop
Oh .... Oh, you are going to move out onto a busy main street, driving the lead cart, and muttering darkly? And here I was checking everyone's charisma. Looks like I only need to roll once. (2) well, it isn't an automatic death, but your muttering grows into a quite audible howl as you creep out into the main street, and you begin cursing passerrsby as well as the guards. You spook the rhinos, too. (5) Fortunately, you manage to rein them in before they trample anyone. But now you are creating quite a blockage, and people are shouting. The second cart isn't even out into the street yet, and here you are, provoking a riot.

yeah, so guys, the lead cart (with ... will you guys please put your character names in your posts for a little while so I remember them? ... With killer and PYLON in it) is into the traffic of the main road, perpendicular to the flow of traffic, blocking about two thirds of the street, with a 'darkly muttering wolfman' at the reins. Next is Cho-Ja, walking between the carts, and right at the entrance to the side street. In fact, it is a different side street that you are coming out of, having had to navigate around instead of trying to turn around in the carts, if that matters.  Anyway, you other three are in the back cart, still stuck in the alley behind the first cart, wondering what the hold up is, and why everyone is shouting.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2016, 05:00:57 pm »

PYLON
"AGAIN?"
Sigh. Pretend to be an inanimate object and wait for the moron to be detained, so we can have a competent driver.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:06:01 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »

Altair: Say nothing. Listen to see what happens, and GTFO if I need to.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2016, 07:39:05 pm »

Go grab Pylon and put him in the first cart to deal with the questions and stares
Then carefully back the cart up to deal with the blockage
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:44:28 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »

Cho-Ja

walk around the front of the cart and attempt to either lure the rhinos into the flow of traffic, or cause them to back up towards the alley so that the driver has enough room to turn them and move toward the bakery.

be prepared to dodge.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2016, 08:17:44 am »

Durmokh:

Sit quietly in the cart.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2016, 08:21:08 am »

THRIPZ-DAWG:

Sulk in the (second?) cart over the team's complete lack of gratitude for me saving their hides.   
Be sure to stop sulking long enough to watch any hilarious collisions or other disasters involving the first cart, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2016, 07:45:11 pm »

PYLON
"AGAIN?"
Sigh. Pretend to be an inanimate object and wait for the moron to be detained, so we can have a competent driver.
Altair: Say nothing. Listen to see what happens, and GTFO if I need to.
Durmokh:

Sit quietly in the cart.
THRIPZ-DAWG:

Sulk in the (second?) cart over the team's complete lack of gratitude for me saving their hides.   
Be sure to stop sulking long enough to watch any hilarious collisions or other disasters involving the first cart, though!

You four do nothing, except that the wolfman moves the glorified lantern up front with him, thus:
Go grab Pylon and put him in the first cart to deal with the questions and stares
Then carefully back the cart up to deal with the blockage

PYLON is already in the first cart. You drag it from the back and put it in the driver seat, and then yell at the crowd: "New Driver! Yell at Lamppost!" And point with both your foreclaws, one arm above the PYLON, the other to the side. This confuses literally everyone, including yourself, enough for people to stop yelling for a moment. Some nervous laughter arises from the crowd. PYLON says nothing.

backing the cart up would involve ramming into the second cart, which is right behind you.

Cho-Ja

walk around the front of the cart and attempt to either lure the rhinos into the flow of traffic, or cause them to back up towards the alley so that the driver has enough room to turn them and move toward the bakery.

be prepared to dodge.

being prepared to dodge is good. First, a roll for your sudden appearance among the angry mob. (5) well, tey give you plenty of space, and don't even start throwing things at you. And you grab the bridles of the Rhinos and steer them forward. They move accordingly, thogh you sense that they are still a tad uncomfortable. anyway, the blockage is cleared, and people can get through, and nobody got lynched. So, overall a wash, I guess.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2016, 11:05:53 pm »

Thrips:

Pretend to continue sulking, but really just peer out of the cart and watch whatever sights this strange city has to offer.
Spending most of your life in or around a cruddy little bakery isn't all that interesting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2016, 11:30:59 pm »

Perfectly normal complicated alchemical equipment and/or lamppost.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2016, 12:54:25 am »

Drive carefully through the city to the next stop

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 08:58:10 am »

Twiddle my thumbs some more.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11