Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16246 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:01 pm »

cho-ja

jump on the cart and ride to the bakery.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2016, 06:03:52 pm »

You ride through the streets in relative comfort. the cliff and the sea dominate the background, but hte foreground is a mixture of wonders and mundane - normal, boring humans conversing at cafes with beings of light and shadow, flyers leaping off crows' nests high above, falling a distance before swooping elegantly away, or circling, wings outstretched, to slowly descend or ascend, or flitting bit by bit, seemingly erratically, moving to a rhythm you can't quite detect. at one point, you see a house stand on eight legs and move slowly across another road. where a house has to be that it isn't already is anyone's guess.

those unused to the city life crane their necks in awe (Thrips' fake sulk turning to open jawed wonder after a short time), and those used to city life experience a weird disorientation, as of being somehow out of place. the mix of familiar and foreign is enough to disturb anyone's equilibrium to some extent. PYLON sees another PYLON at some point, and Cho Ja senses an enclave of bugmen, though not of his own race.

Altair does nothing, which is odd - I thought he wanted to work on his constructs?

Anyway, you arrive at the bakery - a vast kitchen, on an industrial scale, in fact. Yo are delivering some rather exotic spices here, and they need to be delivered specifically to the Spice Master. You'll be picking up a cartful of more mundane ingredients for the rather plain fare that Omega provides. Of course, there is a bit of flex in the accounts, giving you some extra spending credit, so a little extra could be arranged, if negotiated properly. By someone who's charisma isn't an invitation to a lynching.

After this, there is a potions shop, and a manufactory for some clockwork parts before you head back up to the desert.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2016, 06:38:14 pm »

Altair does nothing, which is odd - I thought he wanted to work on his constructs?
((Can't exactly work out of the back of a moving cart, can he? Well, I suppose he could, but it wouldn't be very wise.))
Watch the spice traders carefully. Hide Terry in my hand so they can't see him, to ensure his safety.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:55:39 am by AkumaKasai »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2016, 06:51:44 pm »

PYLON sees another PYLON at some point
((Ooh, we can breed them and get, I don't know, posts! Or antennas!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2016, 06:56:58 pm »

Unpack the spices and supply's for the stop. Let someone else go talk to the people
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:16 pm »

((Damn, haggling for various magical herbs sounds real fun, but my character neither eats nor cares about people who do, so I guess I'll just have to leave that to Yoink.))
"GREETINGS, BAKER PEOPLE. BRING PYLON TO YOUR SO CALLED 'SPICE MASTER'."
Act rude, but in a businesslike way.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2016, 05:43:23 am »

Half-heartedly help check things off the manifest as they're unloaded, whilst wracking my brains to come up with a list of tasty spices and ingredients which I could use to "spice up" and improve the usual slop that passes for food at the Omega base.

Feel free to let my imagination run wild, but try and sort them in order of, well, likelihood.
Once we're talking with the spicemaster or whatever, inspect the guy/gal and try to work up the courage to initiate conversation/negotiation on the topic of food and spice. Perhaps I can inspire some sort of culinary passion to bubble up in them, describing exactly what sort of amazing pie I want to bake for our poor, flavour-deprived little band of wretched adventurers! Maybe they'll even give a discount on the stuff I want.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2016, 06:57:33 pm »

((Can't exactly work out of the back of a moving cart, can he? Well, I suppose he could, but it wouldn't be very wise.))
Watch the spice traders carefully. Hide Terry in my hand so they can't see him, to ensure his safety.
well, I mean, you could chalk in some outlines and ideas and such. You've got chalk if you want to practice some. It'll give very minor, temporary effects, as a hint or guideline to what you are doing. Plus, you could pencil in a design to work on later or something. IDK. Plus there are times when the cart is stopped for whatever reason, like now.

You learn a great deal about cumin. your hissing code violation does not attempt to guide a chef into a culinary adventure which will end in tragedy. But, he is a little big to hide in your hand. Gonna have to tuck him under your shirt.

Unpack the spices and supply's for the stop. Let someone else go talk to the people
You drop the spices beside the wheel of the cart, snarl at a few of the assistants, and get shouted at by one of those quintessential queens of the kitchen, wielding the classic long wooden spoon. She is approaching you in a threatening manner.

((Damn, haggling for various magical herbs sounds real fun, but my character neither eats nor cares about people who do, so I guess I'll just have to leave that to Yoink.))
"GREETINGS, BAKER PEOPLE. BRING PYLON TO YOUR SO CALLED 'SPICE MASTER'."
Act rude, but in a businesslike way.
"Do you have an appointment?" a bored looking concierge asks, appearing apparently out of nowhere. You had no idea they even employed such types in a place like this.

Half-heartedly help check things off the manifest as they're unloaded, whilst wracking my brains to come up with a list of tasty spices and ingredients which I could use to "spice up" and improve the usual slop that passes for food at the Omega base.

Feel free to let my imagination run wild, but try and sort them in order of, well, likelihood.
Once we're talking with the spicemaster or whatever, inspect the guy/gal and try to work up the courage to initiate conversation/negotiation on the topic of food and spice. Perhaps I can inspire some sort of culinary passion to bubble up in them, describing exactly what sort of amazing pie I want to bake for our poor, flavour-deprived little band of wretched adventurers! Maybe they'll even give a discount on the stuff I want.

((no, but, that's not a bad idea. I almost want to do it now.))
You pay very little attention to the now expected angry person yelling at the wolfman. his hangdog expression is somewhat ruined by the twitch in his eye, and the froth starting to seep, once again, from his mouth. On the other hand, you do at least have a good idea of how to both stretch the budget to provide more ingredients, and to make more room for some good stuff, like crawling snot beetles and wing of louse. And also cumin. "there's never enough thyme" you mutter, "perhaps the sage of spices can help me sort it out better. Hey guys? Oregano go see the Spice Matter soon? I Bay leaf I can get us a better dining experience. I think I cayenne get us more food for less!"

"right this way sir." The concierge says, leading you and the pylon( and whoever is carrying/dragging pylon) down a winding corridor to a crowded office, filled with little bottles, nets full of glowing bugs, and tanks full of exotic fish and coral.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2016, 08:32:38 pm »

Make a tactical retreat to the cart
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »

We can say the cheesemaker is hauling me around, as is the natural role of cheesemakers.

Unless he's needed by the militia, that is.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2016, 02:46:45 pm »

Continue waiting. If there aren't any spice traders currently watching, withdraw Terry from my pocket and closely examine him, attempting to get a better idea of his actual physical properties. Afterwards, attempt to psychically/magically reach out and examine his mind. Assess how intelligent he currently is, and how much more intelligent he could become while retaining his current form. Does he possess true thoughts and emotions, or mere stimulus response? If so, try and assess how he feels about serving me, and whether he has any particular likes or dislikes. Can I access his memories, and if so, are any of them particularly interesting? This would include conversations he overheard, and anything apparently secret he was witness to.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2016, 07:14:54 pm »

Make a tactical retreat to the cart
you climb up into the cart and hide your head under some cloth. the yelling goes away.

We can say the cheesemaker is hauling me around, as is the natural role of cheesemakers.

Unless he's needed by the militia, that is.

sure thing.

Continue waiting. If there aren't any spice traders currently watching, withdraw Terry from my pocket and closely examine him, attempting to get a better idea of his actual physical properties. Afterwards, attempt to psychically/magically reach out and examine his mind. Assess how intelligent he currently is, and how much more intelligent he could become while retaining his current form. Does he possess true thoughts and emotions, or mere stimulus response? If so, try and assess how he feels about serving me, and whether he has any particular likes or dislikes. Can I access his memories, and if so, are any of them particularly interesting? This would include conversations he overheard, and anything apparently secret he was witness to.
He's a bit bigger than your hand, and has the physical attributes of a large cockroach. What more do you want there? as for his 'mind' - it is almost completely stimuli response. htere is a very dim twinkling of more - the magic you have imbued him with. He likes dark, safety, and breeding. he dislikes getting stepped on, sudden light, and being eaten by birds, or by anything, really.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2016, 07:46:08 pm »

Pull this face for a minute or two straight after that punning spree. I mean, damn.
Then adopt a more serious expression, neaten myself up and fight down the nervousness as I follow the concierge to meet the mysterious spicemaster. Try and think of something intelligent-sounding to say.

Booze is Life for Yoink

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2016, 09:19:05 pm »

Begin drawing a circle on my wooden disc. I'll message you the details of what it's supposed to look like and what it's intended to achieve.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2016, 11:41:35 pm »

Meet with the Spicemaster. Seriously consider vaporizing people who make puns.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11