Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16291 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2016, 03:54:36 pm »

Let's see... maybe some tactical attachments for my murderboner?
mkay. extensions for your rod? The toroidal magnetic devices love em! can't get enough.

Help load the cart
you start loading your purchases onto the cart. An alarmed shopkeeper comes out and asks what the hell you are doing, seeing as nobody's actually paid for anything yet, really. You don't know what his problem is, all the delivery stuff is right there, on the ground, in front of you. Ah well, at least Varrick comes by to distract him.

((We have plenty of basic resources to work with (four rhinos, two carts), and Pylon's the only player with orders to keep them in their current forms. Assuming Pylon's willing to cooperate, Altair could make Pylon mobile, although depending on what he used, we might have some explaining to do when we got back to base. Well, I may have a couple ways to mobilize Pylon with our current resources that doesn't involve killing the rhinos or cannibalizing the carts, but they would both be rather difficult.))
Return to the carts. When I get back, try to get a good estimation of Pylon's rough dimensions.
Okay. ask Egan. I have been thinking he was about a foot to a side pluse four feet tall, or something along those lines. hte shopkeeper is out here, yelling at Varrick, as people are wont to do. He turns on you and blinks rapidly for a moment. The sparkles are pretty bright out here in the sun. "For the love of Dathalla! Get back inside before you explode!"

Since we're still here, might as well go inside and have a look around for some magical ingredient shit to spice things up with, I guess.
Cooking herbs could come in handy, too, if I didn't already get enough of those. Amuse myself with the company dollar.

okay, what kind of magical ingredient are you interested in? What kind of effect?

resist the urge to keep sneezing.

seek a less fragrant corner and check out the shops selection of poisons and anti-venoms.

You snort in deeply and hack out a glob of something bluish, spitting it into an empty jar on the counter, then you let your nose guide you to a section filled with poisons and antidotes. You recognize a few insect based things, and a few from snakes, but there is a pretty wide selection. there is some kind of barrier between you and it that glows along the edges - you are in a large city after all. People don't like leaving poisons out for just anyone to walk off with. You gesture to an attendant who comes to assist you with your purchase. You can get three vials of some rather standard stuff, or one vial of something specially designed for yourself.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2016, 04:49:02 pm »

"For the love of Dathalla! Get back inside before you explode!"
Show my love of Dathalla by doing that. Pay close attention to what the shopkeeper says, and follow his instructions so as not to explode.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2016, 06:05:30 pm »

Go back to my nap while I wait for the others to finish up then help them load
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2016, 11:47:09 pm »

inquire to see if they shop would be willing to buy some of my venoms to add to their collection.

specifically mention the venom i used in my first mission that created those posionous green fumes when exposed to metal.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2016, 12:13:25 am »

((There's not many good pictures showing the size of the arc pylon, but it's bigger than that, certainly taller than most humans.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PYLON isn't necessarily the same thing, but that's what I use as my baseline.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2016, 03:49:16 pm »

no posts today. sorry for the delay.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2016, 04:47:49 pm »

"For the love of Dathalla! Get back inside before you explode!"
Show my love of Dathalla by doing that. Pay close attention to what the shopkeeper says, and follow his instructions so as not to explode.
alright, you get cleaned up, and fussed at for making a mess of some explosive glitter. Shit costs money, yo.

Go back to my nap while I wait for the others to finish up then help them load
avoiding comical misunderstandings like a boss.

inquire to see if they shop would be willing to buy some of my venoms to add to their collection.

specifically mention the venom i used in my first mission that created those poisonous green fumes when exposed to metal.

Comunication is not cHo's strong point, but you spit on something metal and it starts smoking. You have gained the shopkeeper's attention.

((There's not many good pictures showing the size of the arc pylon, but it's bigger than that, certainly taller than most humans.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PYLON isn't necessarily the same thing, but that's what I use as my baseline.))
Okay. A little bigger than I had envisioned, but that works out fine.

Thrips (Yoink) and Cho-Ja (U_P) are negotiating for ingredients, and Altair is looking for a magical focus, Place your final orders, and give me a shopping list for what else you guys want in the bazaar. I think there was one more location I had in mind for you to visit? I forget what it was though, but you can go there and make the exchange on the way to your various embezzlement opportunities.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2016, 06:54:32 pm »

Drive this group of robbers maniacs Legionnaires where ever they want to go and if we pass a weapon shop kick someone who is a bit more charismatic out to get me a longbow.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »

((Earlier you mentioned a clockwork manufactory, if that's what you're talking about.))
return to the cart.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:17 pm »

As official trade-keeper-track-of-er, take a little extra from our account, and send mister Altier to pick up some construct parts. At least one thing compatible with PYLON (if in doubt, just stick some extra capacitors on, so I can ZAP harder), and something that would make the mechanists back at base happy. If I can make them approve, what the brass thinks of a little overspending can be largely ignored.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2016, 11:53:09 pm »

I just want to sell enough of Cho's corrosive venom for enough money to buy an entry level spellbook that will allow me to cast more complex spells.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2016, 06:01:57 am »

Thrips (Yoink) and Cho-Ja (U_P) are negotiating for ingredients
Ummmm, I don't know. Something to make things super-tasty? Or to open a portal to the Delicious Dimension inside one's mouth as they eat?
Maybe just something to add a truckload of nutrition to even the simplest meals?

Focus mostly on normal, nice-tasting stuff that I might not have already, though. Magic stuff... only if we can afford it.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2016, 07:01:26 pm »

Drive this group of robbers maniacs Legionnaires where ever they want to go and if we pass a weapon shop kick someone who is a bit more charismatic out to get me a longbow.
Okay. long the way, you tell your passengers you want a long bow, and make whining noises until someone agrees to get you one. It's sturdy, functional, and six feet tall. It comes with three strings and twenty fletched arrows. record that on your character sheet.

I just want to sell enough of Cho's corrosive venom for enough money to buy an entry level spellbook that will allow me to cast more complex spells.
You gesture awkwardly, and point at a specimen jar, then point at the cash till. The shopkeeper gets the idea, and takes several vials of your drool, and a few other samples from you, handing you a small purse and a receipt in return. Yo then walk down the street alongside the cart until you find a rather large, open, classy looking shop full of artifacts of the wizardly profession. Now, do you want to be a Spellcaster? or are you thinking more along the lines of making specific spells, like by tattooing runes onto your body, or something else? to be a spellcaster, you're gonna want the specialty. PM me what you're thinking of, and we'll set it up.

Thrips (Yoink) and Cho-Ja (U_P) are negotiating for ingredients
Ummmm, I don't know. Something to make things super-tasty? Or to open a portal to the Delicious Dimension inside one's mouth as they eat?
Maybe just something to add a truckload of nutrition to even the simplest meals?

Focus mostly on normal, nice-tasting stuff that I might not have already, though. Magic stuff... only if we can afford it.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Nutritious we can do. there's little hope of making the food tasty for all the different races that call Omega home, but you manage to get a pretty decent variety, including some ingredients that you need someone to explain to you. Yo put the one back when the guy starts talking about certain conditions to avoid while preparing the meal, so as to avoid the risk of Space Herpes. Yo u just know you would infest Omega before you even managed to get back there, if you tried that. But the lumpy blue rocks seem like a good bet. THe instructions are a little hard to follow, but you think you can make a great soup for your more floral associates.

((Earlier you mentioned a clockwork manufactory, if that's what you're talking about.))
return to the cart.
okay, you direct the cart toward the clockwork factory, while your companions spend your largess like they own it. Eventually you arrive.

As official trade-keeper-track-of-er, take a little extra from our account, and send mister Altier to pick up some construct parts. At least one thing compatible with PYLON (if in doubt, just stick some extra capacitors on, so I can ZAP harder), and something that would make the mechanists back at base happy. If I can make them approve, what the brass thinks of a little overspending can be largely ignored.
You acquire three small, glowing orbs which hover about your being like little satellites. Neat. You are so excited aout your purchase that you trade away a few o fthe pieces that were supposed to go to the gnomes at base. Well, what they don't know, right?

Alright, all the official shopping is done. Heading back, or doing a little sightseeing?

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2016, 10:00:15 pm »

Watch the scenery as we ride back to base. If Pylon shows any interest in further upgrades, attempt to help him.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2016, 10:29:24 pm »

oh and try to get some fresh tree sap if possible.
I believe I still have an empty jar in my inventory to store it in.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11