Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Holleee heck its June's vote July.I hope noone noticed that we skipped may...

Shadowrun(magic+near future tech, do mostly illegal stuff for cash)
- 9 (8.5%)
Twilight 2000(post-apoc dohickies, highly detailed and no magic gubbins)
- 5 (4.7%)
2300AD(300 years after Twilight 2000, space gubbins. Allows for almost any form of game, from navy ship simulator stuff to cyberpunk to future wildwest. Amusing tech predictions)
- 6 (5.7%)
Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy (Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition! oh, wait, you did... Hang on...)
- 12 (11.3%)
Warhammer 40K Only War (Rocks fall, guardsmen die)
- 9 (8.5%)
Warhammer 40K Rouge Traider (wander about the warp doing... money making stuff)
- 10 (9.4%)
Mainspring (Created by piecewise  on this forum, and I dont think ever quite finished)
- 5 (4.7%)
D&D, for those that like that sorta confusing mess of strange rules, magic, and *shudders*classes.
- 12 (11.3%)
Pathfinder, for when D&D needs to be extended and made far cheaper.
- 13 (12.3%)
Call of Cthulhu(Away with ye sanity!)
- 9 (8.5%)
World of Darkness(one fo them)
- 9 (8.5%)
OTHER SLOT. HIT HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING NOT ON LIST.
- 7 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Central "Who wants to play what RPG via PBP" thread (Month in vote name)  (Read 15609 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Central "Who wants to play what RPG via PBP" thread (Month in vote name)
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2017, 10:09:39 pm »

The idea can actually be made easier by squeezing all players into either one or the other rulebook, by making all go through either RT or OW chargen. Stuff like ship combat and more complicated aspects could be introduced as the game progressed, allowing a better flow.

In the case of RT mechanics, The mutants could be allowed to get Lure of the Void as a free choice row to dip into Tainted without messing the rest of their build and restricting the character, or just make it a case where they can pay some experience upfront for a choice like in the Tainted option without the need to go through it.

For OW, making anyone who wants to play a mutant pay a similar experience cost to get a mutation from the RT table using the same rule would work.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:41:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »

The idea can actually be made easier by squeezing all players into either one or the other rulebook, by making all go through either RT or OW chargen. Stuff like ship combat and more complicated aspects could be introduced as the game progressed, allowing a better flow.

In the case of RT mechanics, The mutants could be allowed to get Lure of the Void as a free choice row to dip into Tainted without messing the rest of their build and restricting the character, or just make it a case where they can pay some experience upfront for a choice like in the Tainted option without the need to go through it.

For OW, making anyone who wants to play a mutant pay a similar experience cost to get a mutation from the RT table using the same rule would work.

I didn't say it was absurdly over complicated, everyone reading this forum has a decent chance of having played DF giving them a good head for complexity as a baseline. However the complexity does limit the DM pool quite a bit, a novice probably won't want to tackle a game with using books they have never skimmed before. Basically, GMing a game is a much bigger investment then playing a game is. The extra complexity makes the investment slightly bigger, meaning even fewer people want/be able to tackle it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2017, 12:00:36 am »

Would be into the second one.  Probably the first one as well once I've read up on Twilight 2000. Which edition are you thinking of using?

Also into the Rogue Trader idea, not that I'm familiar enough with the setting to really appreciate the novelty.
I have no rules for the second one yet but there are a few systems i might use.
I'll make sure that we uses rules that are free.
Right now i'm leaning towards borrowing most of the details from dog townfor things like drug prices.
I might just home brew most of the rules.

As for a game Twilight 2000, due to the greater number of source books i'll probably use the 2nd edition but i'm not welded to it's rules or plot.
So expect to see a more modern start to ww3.

If your interested in ether just give post which and i'll run which ever get the highest tally.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2017, 01:49:34 am »

Bump, should i just flip a coin?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2017, 02:44:45 am »

I would prefer Twilight 2k version 2.2

Would you be using the various fan added things for it(which mostly consists of extra vehicles and gear)?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2017, 04:52:20 am »

I would prefer Twilight 2k version 2.2

Would you be using the various fan added things for it(which mostly consists of extra vehicles and gear)?
Yep and i've got to some surprises of my own, mainly some kind of powered exoskeleton and a few vehicle goodies.
And do post me a link to any fan sites you can think of.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2017, 05:29:32 am »

Well, heres a big one.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2017, 12:36:12 am »

Thanks for that it should be a big help.
And as the internet fairy's have left me a package, now all i have to do is think up a suitable starting point story.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2017, 05:24:26 pm »

Missed the month by a week. Shame on me?
Highly Opinionated Fool

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

OP what do you think about a link to this thread? I recommend it because it might be helpful to those the didn't find it. I also recommended they link here.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2017, 04:00:42 pm »

This seems relevant.

You might want to consider using this tool for pretty hex maps.  The free version pretty much handles everything you want.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]