Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Holleee heck its June's vote July.I hope noone noticed that we skipped may...

Shadowrun(magic+near future tech, do mostly illegal stuff for cash)
- 9 (8.5%)
Twilight 2000(post-apoc dohickies, highly detailed and no magic gubbins)
- 5 (4.7%)
2300AD(300 years after Twilight 2000, space gubbins. Allows for almost any form of game, from navy ship simulator stuff to cyberpunk to future wildwest. Amusing tech predictions)
- 6 (5.7%)
Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy (Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition! oh, wait, you did... Hang on...)
- 12 (11.3%)
Warhammer 40K Only War (Rocks fall, guardsmen die)
- 9 (8.5%)
Warhammer 40K Rouge Traider (wander about the warp doing... money making stuff)
- 10 (9.4%)
Mainspring (Created by piecewise  on this forum, and I dont think ever quite finished)
- 5 (4.7%)
D&D, for those that like that sorta confusing mess of strange rules, magic, and *shudders*classes.
- 12 (11.3%)
Pathfinder, for when D&D needs to be extended and made far cheaper.
- 13 (12.3%)
Call of Cthulhu(Away with ye sanity!)
- 9 (8.5%)
World of Darkness(one fo them)
- 9 (8.5%)
OTHER SLOT. HIT HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING NOT ON LIST.
- 7 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Central "Who wants to play what RPG via PBP" thread (Month in vote name)  (Read 15616 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check for PBP RPG
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 04:36:25 pm »

*appears from the ether in a shroud of mist*
i would be interested in pathfinder or *shudder* dnd if you were to run that
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 04:39:23 pm »

If any does do any 40k stuff, they do need to tell Caellath though.
Man's a champion when it comes to those.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2016, 01:39:49 pm »

Did anyone say "Warhammer 40k"? Here I am.

I voted for all w40k games plus Mainspring, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather play RT than DH despite the fact my vote towards DH allowed it to keep a lead over RT. Rogue Trader allows for a great deal of freedom I've always enjoyed, plus I'm a fan of giant space-faring gothic cathedrals. You know the ships are good when the classes are named something like Dictator or Tyrant (they are).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 03:46:44 pm »

I certainly would be interested in playing WH40k DH/RT, Shadowrun, 2300AD, or Traveller.

None of which I know how to play.

Go figure.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

I noticed there seems to be a fair bit of interest in W40k RPGs around—sometimes due to the games, sometimes due to the memes—but people are often denied that for a reason or another, be it lack of opportunities, the amount of lore-reading necessary, or the prospect of finding rabid fans who take offense at everything (or are offensive themselves).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:47:53 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 04:53:31 pm »

I noticed there seems to be a fair bit of interest in W40k RPGs around—sometimes due to the games, sometimes due to the memes—but people are often denied that for a reason or another, be it lack of opportunities, the amount of lore-reading necessary, or the prospect of finding rabid fans who take offense at everything (or are offensive themselves).

Hm. You could run one then :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 04:57:28 pm »

Every time a person sarcastically tells someone else to just run a game they want to play, an anime girl loses her gun.
Black lives matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »

Every time a person sarcastically tells someone else to just run a game they want to play, an anime girl loses her gun.

N-nooo! Please! I wasn't being sarcastic! He sounds like he really likes the setting, and states people should have more opportunities to try it. It is only logical that he should try his hand at DMing!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »

*gently pats your head*

I know you're lying, but I won't take any anime girl's guns, not this time.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 05:13:27 pm »

I believe I lack the time, discipline and creativity to game master. I've already tried my hand at it, and it ended in disaster.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 05:20:35 pm »

I believe I lack the time, discipline and creativity to game master. I've already tried my hand at it, and it ended in disaster.

How would you feel about Co-GMing then? Like I said earlier^^^, the main reason I haven't run a RT game yet is not understanding the overall setting well enough to run one. You seem to know the setting well, and I at least have some time and creativity on my side :P.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »

It depends on how much Co-GMing you want. Lore and rules checks and going through character sheets to make sure they check out are things I've done before on request. I'm quite used to the ruleset of the W40k RPGs and can usually help people make characters to their liking, find weapons and niches and whatnot.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2016, 05:44:43 pm »

It depends on how much Co-GMing you want. Lore and rules checks and going through character sheets to make sure they check out are things I've done before on request. I'm quite used to the ruleset of the W40k RPGs and can usually help people make characters to their liking, find weapons and niches and whatnot.

Something like that, maybe with me throwing ideas at you for lore/tone critiquing. I think I have a good handle on the rules, I like the d100 system it uses so I have pawed through it enough for ideas.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2016, 06:14:16 pm »

That sounds reasonable enough.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »

Eh, I'll think about it. Anyone interested? Interesting character concepts might help sway my mind :P.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10