Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forum Quote Finding Thread  (Read 312 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Forum Quote Finding Thread
« on: September 11, 2016, 02:20:23 pm »

So you're trying to find a quote, and it was somewhere on Bay12, or GD, or...etc., and you can't remember where.  Ask here, and people will try to look.

Quote from: original OP
It went something like:

"Toady's job is to build the best fantasy world simulator.  Intel's job is to build a chip that can handle it.  [stats about Intel's budget and employee count], and they're falling behind on their end of the bargain."

Anybody know where that is?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:27:46 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm trying to find a quote.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »

Another thought I just had:

Toady's job is to create the best fantasy world generator and simulator.  Intel's job is to create a computer that can run it.  Right now, despite having over 100,000 employees, assets over $100 billion, and revenue over $55 billion... Intel is the one falling behind on their end of the process :)
I thought this was going to be an operation, but the fourth result for searching the entire forum for "Toady Intel" lead me to the quote in somebody's sigtext.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm trying to find a quote.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »

Oh, thanks!

...And just to add insult to derpiness, apparently I sigged it too.  :/

Well, now this is the Forum Quote Finding Thread.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:25:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.