Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ye-olde masterwork, excessive druidic merit penalties for butchering?  (Read 1150 times)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this picture explains what i mean:

the penalties you get from butchering an animal are insane! negative 118,000? and you only get like, 600 or so from taking care of animals. i'm not sure if offerings have an equally excessive bonus too animal merit, but it seems impossible to counter when in my whole time playing i butchered at most only 2 animals. i dont know how offerings work, do you drop things on the shrine and then run the reaction? i tried it before but it didnt seem to work. how do they work? im thinking about somehow cheating away the penalty for butchering 1 animal, but im worried that is too big a cheat and may make the game overly easy if i did that instead of dealing with negative animal merit some other way , if there is an other way.  and im not sure cheating the penalty away is even possible, either. any help ?

edit: sorry for posting so much and asking so many questions.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: ye-olde masterwork, excessive druidic merit penalties for butchering?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 12:29:30 am »

Friends of nature aren't supposed to be butchering nature.

That said, if you can get a wild animal to wander into some traps or an active factory the game won't notice the difference and you'll still be able to eat the mangled corpse.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:31:17 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »

Friends of nature aren't supposed to be butchering nature.

That said, if you can get a wild animal to wander into some traps or an active factory the game won't notice the difference and you'll still be able to eat the mangled corpse.

i know, but i was like, reallly hungry, and i mean, that giant emu was looking mighty tasty.....

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »

also, if i could give offerings i would, but idk how

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

IIRC there should be a reaction that releases a random pet you have pastured around the shrine for a massive boost, they just turn "friendly" and run off the map-edge. There's another one that "releases" the gnome worker, though I wouldn't use that one unless they're tantrum-prone or you know they're a were-creature or something.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:02:04 pm »

IIRC there should be a reaction that releases a random pet you have pastured around the shrine for a massive boost, they just turn "friendly" and run off the map-edge. There's another one that "releases" the gnome worker, though I wouldn't use that one unless they're tantrum-prone or you know they're a were-creature or something.

a massive boost? yeah, i know that one. i could send some useless knobs off to "live in the wilderness" , or die in the wilderness. can u send away babys? or children? they do have 1 skill in animal training. but i like my animals, and, well, i want to give item based offerings. i just think it may be bugged, or i dont know how to operate it.