Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kingdom Death: Monster Mod?  (Read 1584 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Kingdom Death: Monster Mod?
« on: September 13, 2016, 10:33:47 am »

I was reading about this new wonderful board game called Kingdom Death Monster and it immediately reminded me of Dwarf Fortress (more or less Arena mode), but there is a base building aspect.

If I could describe it, I would say it's Dwarf Fortress with only Forgotten Beasts which come about once per year.

I was thinking it sure would be fun to have a mod based on it.

Here's a quick synopsis of what the game is about

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/07/kingdom-death-monster-is-the-400-board-game-borne-from-bloody-nightmares/

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Death: Monster Mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:32:41 am »

So, uh, maybe the closes thing i can imagine this thing would be like...Attack on Titan? where FB, HFS, and Titans attack you every so often?
If so, i remember something in the raws...i think...which changes the setting of conditions of for mega beasts to attack your fort, but if your looking for an entirely new kind of beast to attack you, i suppose you can make your own...now i don't know anything about KDM so you might need to find someone who do know and can make a mod out of it.
Personally, im also learning how to mod DF and if i get sufficient information on KDM and experience on modding DF, i would gladly volunteer on making a mod on this  ;D

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:49 pm »

It'd have to be loosely based, the whole founding population created ex nihilo and fighting off a ravenous antelope monster with sharpened stones thing and slowly discovering things as basic as language and names and there being no source of resources except monster carcasses is not really supported by dwarf fortress at the moment.

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 02:04:40 am »

Oh is that so? Its a civ game based on titans?