Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ☼Elves☼ - Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 6359 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Elves☼ - Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 11:31:34 am »

That's great to hear, Teneb. I've been waiting on playable Elves for years now. I'm so excited.

How will your mod integrate into Masterwork in general if it's ascii only, or is that just a temporary step on the way there?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 11:33:10 am »

That's great to hear, Teneb. I've been waiting on playable Elves for years now. I'm so excited.

How will your mod integrate into Masterwork in general if it's ascii only, or is that just a temporary step on the way there?
It's a temporary step. Meph already got some graphics ready, and will handle the rest. It's just that me drawing is pretty much a disaster.

At any rate, bugs were had. Still, soon.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

Quick suggestion: The ability to "Call on Nature" with a shrine or something to influence the natural things on the map, encouraging you not to mess with nature as much as possible. I.E, GAHBLINS comes. You send your Magic Hippie to a Weed Bar to call upon the trees, summoning something poisonous to secret from all trees. Elves, of course, will be immune. Just a thought...
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 09:03:47 pm »

Quick suggestion: The ability to "Call on Nature" with a shrine or something to influence the natural things on the map, encouraging you not to mess with nature as much as possible. I.E, GAHBLINS comes. You send your Magic Hippie to a Weed Bar to call upon the trees, summoning something poisonous to secret from all trees. Elves, of course, will be immune. Just a thought...
Don't think this is possible even if I managed to talk someone into scripting for me. Map-wide effects, sure? But specific stuff like that? Not so much.

Anyway, I sent Meph the raws for him to review and tear apart if needed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 [3]