Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dual Universe: Space Sandbox MMORPG - Beta out  (Read 21880 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Universe: Space Sandbox MMORPG - Pre-alpha coming September 30
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2020, 09:13:31 pm »

I've been intermittently following the posted dev updates when they appear as suggested, but otherwise it's good to see development active.
If anyone has non-NDA-breaching information that should/can be put in the OP or title, by the way, just lemme know and I'll update the thread.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2020, 05:07:07 pm »

i suggest following title: "if you got a blast computer dual universe is the deal, if you don't; i sugest to stay tuned for optimisation updates"
let

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2020, 12:07:13 am »

I mentioned it briefly in the MMO thread, but I'm bumping this thread also because I'm very hyped for DU right now.

Final Alpha runs August 13th-17th. Pre-order packages also close on the 17th. Beta, which is effectively a soft-launch with no further wipes expected, starts on the 27th.

See you out there, space voxel engineers~

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2020, 01:03:30 am »

anyone able to share if its worth committing to with one of the pre-order packages, or nah?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2020, 02:05:36 am »

I can't speak to the actual gameplay, as my first experience will be the Alpha starting tomorrow. From the screens and videos I've seen, I'm convinced that the voxel-building will be absolutely epic. Resource gathering I've not found enough info on to form an opinion. PvP sounds like it needs work, but it's on the dev's roadmap for a significant overhaul in the coming months.

As for price, the cheapest pack is $60 USD, which includes access throughout beta, 3 months of subscription coupons which you can use after full release or else sell or give to a friend, and a spare beta key you can sell or gift. Full launch is expected summer of 2021, so you can expect the beta to last around 10 months. Without a package you'll need to pay $7/month subscription for beta. So the package does provide significant savings, if you do end up playing that long. If you're only likely to play a few months, then just go with the subscription.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Universe: Space Sandbox MMORPG - Beta at Aug 27th
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2020, 03:23:37 am »

Yaaaayyy hit me up in PM if you just bought in, I wanted to absolutely force myself to partake in this weekends test eventhough I'm kind of burned out allready... been playing alone because I kind of can't picture myself sitting around a discord for hours of flight. But I can run you trough the basic gameplay because it takes some getting used to (don't fill your inventory to the brim when starting ^^ dont pick up the tcu).

oh I didn't see there was more than one response...

ehm android it's okay atm but it takes days worth of commitment and you better not overclock your PC if you don't need a radiator
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:26:25 am by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2020, 01:53:27 pm »

Okay sorry for the hasty reply earlier android. At the moment game "works" you can be plenty, build what you want, modify ships inflight etc.

But it's definitly in alpha state, sure has a lot of issues those ranging small comfort of life things as well as big fucking question marks concerning the fundamental design of the game that remain to be answered... It's especially hard to make an assesment of value given this.

somewhere down the faq

5. Since the price of one month of subscription is lower than what was announced during the Kickstarter, what does that mean for the DACs that I received as part of my pledge?

We communicated in the past that the estimated monthly subscription fee would be in the same ballpark as the industry standard ($15 USD) and the DAC would have a slightly higher price than the monthly subscription fee and would be tradable for 1 month of play time. The original value of each Founder and Supporter pack was based on that estimation. Now that the price of a monthly subscription has dropped, this will impact the price of a DAC. We will make sure, however, to keep the value of the Founder and Supporter packs that you have paid for, so that you are not impacted in the end by the drop in the subscription price. It will likely be remedied by giving additional DACs to each backer, or any other alternative that could compensate the individual value drop for each DAC compared to the original estimate. Please note that, for the sake of simplicity, the content of the packs currently sold on the website has not been modified. So anyone buying a Supporter pack between now and Beta will be entitled to the same compensations related to the value of the DACs in the packs.

So I didn't compare value, don't know if they tell you everything you need to know to make an educated decision. But atm it's a bit more complicated

One thing I sure would have preferred to know is that parts of the info/totu is currently hidden on a private discord, which I find suuuper annoying... But if you can afford a little experiment DU definitly has loads of potential.
let

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2020, 07:50:00 pm »

Thanks for the insight. I dont have much appetite for a clearly alpha state product at the time, but it sounds like it is on a good track and I'll revisit some time in it's beta

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2020, 01:08:07 pm »

Beta is now available for backers, I guess invite keys are coming soon didn't check but I don't think they're here yet.
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2020, 05:20:22 pm »

Does anybody want a beta key for dual universe? It's paid playtime but my folks couldn't care less  :(.
let

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2020, 05:38:02 pm »

Does anybody want a beta key for dual universe? It's paid playtime but my folks couldn't care less  :(.

what do you mean, it's subscription based?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2020, 05:55:10 pm »

Yes it's subscription based but with the key you can play for the duration of the beta. Else it costs around 5-7€/ per month to buy in atm.
let

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2020, 08:13:49 pm »

If you cant find anyone else interested, I guess I would take it. But I probably wouldnt be the best candidate for it.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2020, 12:35:06 am »

I built a Flying Brick. Certainly not my proudest achievement...but my Organization put me in charge of their Industry, so I've not had much time to work on shipbuilding.
Though she may not be much to look at, she can haul over 400 tons up to space and back. Serviceable enough, for now.

Speaking of industry, here is our factory from a distance. It's a work in progress.

All of the aesthetic stuff was done by a dedicated architect we brought in just to make pretty constructs for the organization. I only set up and manage the machines within the framework he provides.

The factory may seem simple at a glance. But then you turn on spaghetti-vision and see what's going on behind the scenes...

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2020, 09:07:20 am »

I'll happily take that. Does DU scratch that SoH itch? I love SoH to death except the designer is so convoluted and i don't wanna get sucked in rn, even with free play

EDIT: Also, is the market entirely player run? As in you sell ores to other players and everything you buy is from other players or are there NPC actors in the market?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 09:42:51 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9