Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gnome Patreon Goal?  (Read 778 times)

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gnome Patreon Goal?
« on: September 17, 2016, 02:37:19 am »

So I was thinking, right now Meph doesn't really want to undertake gnomes because doing the conversion would be a ton of work than what he wants to do. But what if we made it worth his while?

I'm curious if like, there could be a $400/m Patreon goal that if reached would give us gnomes ASAP.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:48:42 am by Yinseng »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Gnome Patreon Goal?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 03:16:14 am »

I'd certainly do the Warlocks/Necromancers, but the gnomes I dont update because I CANT! Not I'm lazy or It's too much work; it is beyond my capabilities, because most of their features work due to scripts written for dfhack 34.11, that I neither understand nor update.

The only person that can properly update them is IndigoFenix. OR I can do all the raws, and someone else with a great understanding of scripts and a lot of time can update the dfhack scripts, like Putnam, Roses, Warmist...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 05:47:42 am »

Oh, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Have you thought about just making the Gnomes again from scratch?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 01:15:04 pm »

No, because most of their features require those scripts. I'd rather do projects I can write ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::