Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [LINUX] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Linux  (Read 56018 times)

cb123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [LINUX] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Linux
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 08:15:55 pm »

Hey, got it working. ldd libs/Dwarf_Fortress showed me I was missing libglew.so.2.1 and libncurses.so.6. Couldn't find them in synaptic or using apt-get. I ended up having to find and download the packages manually. That was a heck of a ride for a linux noob like myself. Anyways thanks for the help

Thaledious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 02:08:20 pm »

Hey! I'm running into quite a few issues trying to get this to run.  I had the usual Glew+sdl missing libraries, but got those sorted out. Interestingly, my file wants libform.so.6.

I currently have it inside of my "Dwarf Fortress"/libs, although it seems to be a symlink to libform.so.6.1. If I try to put a symlink in myself, I end up getting an ELF error. Any idea of how I could work around this? I'm dying to play Masterwork.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 02:16:34 pm »

Are you linking to a 64bit libform?  Mine is at /usr/lib64/libform.so.6.1

Thaledious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 06:09:31 pm »

@  urmane,
I'm pretty sure my libform comes from i386. I haven't been able to find an x86 version, nor does it seem to be on my computer. I'll try again, though.
EDIT: Found libform, have it in the right spot. Missing:
I'm guessing I missed something in my setup for this system. Lemme know if you know what it is.

./Dwarf_Fortress: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5: version `NCURSES6_TINFO_5.0.19991023' not found (required by /home/joefu/Documents/Games/Dwarf/Dwarf Fortress/libs/libform.so.6)
./Dwarf_Fortress: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5: version `NCURSES6_TINFO_5.7.20081102' not found (required by /home/joefu/Documents/Games/Dwarf/Dwarf Fortress/libs/libform.so.6)
./Dwarf_Fortress: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.6: version `NCURSES6_5.0.19991023' not found (required by /home/joefu/Documents/Games/Dwarf/Dwarf Fortress/libs/libform.so.6)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:22:38 pm by Thaledious »

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2019, 05:23:17 pm »

@ Thaledious
From what google can divine, libtinfo used to be a separately installed lib for ncurses, eg:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ncurses/+bug/259139

Seems these days its functionality is usually just rolled into libncurses directly.  I don't have a libtinfo, and both my libform and libncurses are versioned 6.1.

If I had to, I would guess you have an older or outdated or differently compiled ncurses, or that libs/libform.so.6 you put into your DF/libs dir.  Are you able to update / upgrade / modify your system via your normal package manager?

Worst case, if you know what you're doing, you can get an updated version at http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/ BUT if you're not an experienced sysadmin I'd advise against that, as you can hose your ability to get a functional shell, or worse, brick your system.  That would be almost as much !!FUN!! as Dwarf Fortress, but then you'll have to designate a Legendary SysAdmin to Rebuild System, confining them to a burrow with Beef Jerky and River Spirits.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 10:48:32 am »

Could someone with Linux know-how take a look at this thread.

Is my assessment of his situation close to correct? Is there an option that I am missing?

I did not want to suggest "upgrade Ubuntu to a newer version that has ncurses 6" before hearing what some others suggest.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

salsaheaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2019, 10:52:09 am »

Great work, thank you for making Masterwork so easily available on Linux.
I've got a little problem though: I started my orc fort but EVERYONE is friendly and comes to trade. Ferric elves, necromancers, dawrfs, humans, kobolds, you name it.

Was that my fault in not configuring it properly? I need iinvaders!
Thanks for the help!

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 05:15:44 am »

switch tileset script is broken for me:
Code: [Select]
> $ ./mdf-config tileset Space                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Switching to tileset Spacefox - 16x16
cp: cannot create directory '': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create directory '': No such file or directory

fix:

Code: [Select]
15c15
<   # DWFO="Dwarf Fortress"
---
>   DWFO="$(dirname $0)"
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2019, 01:54:18 pm »

Okay, got around to actually playing the game and am rather confused. It starts me as Orc fort? By default? O_o

Update: Okay, it happened cause why not (or rather, cause all options are on by-default). :) I guess better way of handling things, since I have no idea what that gazillion options do,would be to prepare raws using masterworks' gui in wine, then putting them into df folder

it also claims that its 0.44.12 on the download page, yet my local version says this:

--------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Masterwork Dwarf Fortress version 1.29

Utilizing Dwarf Fortress version 43.05 x64
--------------------------------------------------
[DFHack]# die

Discovered while trying to figure out why the hell dont Dwarf Therapist work. This is why.
Not sure what has gone wrong, but downloaded package has 43.05 dwarf fortress and 0.44.12 dwarf therapist.. lol.
:(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:16:45 pm by nekoexmachina »
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 09:07:59 pm »

How large is the file when decompressed?  I have less than 2GB left on my Chromebook, and I don't want to accidentally fill everything.  My Chromebook's broken enough already.

How do i use sigtext properly?
Pages: 1 2 [3]