Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [MAC] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Mac  (Read 51072 times)

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[MAC] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Mac
« on: September 17, 2016, 06:09:41 pm »

Now version 1.29:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12449

No longer based on jecowa's Lazy Mac Pack:
  • just Amostubal's straight MDF 1.29
  • DF 43.05
  • dfhack 43.05-r1
  • twbt-5.84
  • Dwarf Therapist 36.0
  • Armok Vision 0.16.2 (untested)

Consider this "barely tested".  Most (not all) options are enabled.  There may be a lot broken, and I'm sure there's still a lot of Windows-specific files that could be removed.

Unpack and start dfhack manually from a terminal window to make it go.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:50:04 pm by urmane »

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Mac
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 04:58:32 pm »

Question: which options are turned on by default, and is there a way to change options like farming without using the PC-only GUI?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 06:00:37 am »

You can always change all of them manually in the raws... if you know what you are looking for.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:45:03 pm »

Can I change farming to the "harder farming" style that was in 34? Also the harder skills. Are the raws commented?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 05:52:25 pm »

My notes suggest that was modifying grow duration.  Looks like the format has changed a bit:

Code: [Select]
$ grep GROWDUR Dwarf\ Fortress/raw/objects/plant_standard.txt
        NO_SLOWER_FARMING[GROWDUR:300] NO_SLOWER_FARMING!GROWDUR:600][VALUE:2][REACTION_CLASS:DYE]
        NO_SLOWER_FARMING[GROWDUR:300] NO_SLOWER_FARMING!GROWDUR:600][VALUE:2]
        NO_SLOWER_FARMING[GROWDUR:500] NO_SLOWER_FARMING!GROWDUR:1000][VALUE:2]
        NO_SLOWER_FARMING[GROWDUR:300] NO_SLOWER_FARMING!GROWDUR:600][VALUE:2][REACTION_CLASS:DYE]

Based on the script I used to use, you may want to try something like

Code: [Select]
cd Dwarf\ Fortress/raw/objects
grep -l "SLOWER_FARMING" *.txt | xargs -n 1 sed -i -e "s/NO_SLOWER_FARMING\!/YES_SLOWER_FARMING\[/g"

Not tested since the old days, watch the quoting on that bang and left bracket.  That method leaves two valid GROWDURs, I'm not clear if that'll work.

@Meph, does your code do a pattern search and replace to change these settings?

Oh, and of course back up your files.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 07:25:42 pm »

Thanks urmane, I'd count that as being commented enough for me to figure out what's going on with the rest of the options. It looks like skills are set to slower increase by default.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 07:40:10 pm »

Faster - the valid option in that first paste is [GROWDUR: 300], because it has both brackets, meaning it takes 300 ticks out of ... is it 1000 per season, 1200?

In any case, the other one, GROWDUR: 600, is slower and is invalid and ignored because it has no open bracket.  That's why the substitution puts one in.  The "NO/YES_SLOWER_FARMING" is ignored, it's just an anchor for the search/replace.

Make sense?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 08:01:19 pm »

Yeah, I figured that was how it worked as soon as you posted the example. I guess I could have just looked in the raws myself... ::)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 04:13:06 am »

Urmane: Yes, exactly. There are two GROWDUR tags, one valid, one invalid because the first [ is missing. The GUI just switches it out, turning the valid one invalid, the invalid one valid. First one is the original with 300, second one is the "harder" option that takes twice as long. Still a bit short for my tastes, but "everything twice as long" is easy to remember for the player.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 12:47:58 pm »

It seems reasonable for most crops. I noticed underground crops are back to being seasonal, is that changeable in the raws as well? It never made much sense to me that above ground crops could be grown any time, but underground crops were limited by seasons, which would have very little effect at depths below a few dozen feet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 12:53:19 pm »

sure, thats in the raws too.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 01:33:48 am »

Okay, how do I turn off the SUPER ANNOYING awakened stone?  >:( I really am not enjoying these things, they make starting a fortress a pain. I've just been teleporting them into the air and then full-healing any damage they cause, but it is just plain aggravating me. It's not at all like the way things worked in 34, running into things in rocks was rare and spooky and fun, you knew when and where it was likely to happen, and if you played carefully you could avoid it. This is just random mayhem for no reason. If it was less frequent, or there was a longer grace period, I could deal with it, but I keep getting them before I even get through the first two seasons.

(pokes about in the files...)

Oh for crying out loud! It is set to four times the TESB default frequency! The tesb-job-monitor script in the raws folder claims .0005 is the default, but in onLoad.init, the command is

tesb-job-monitor -living .002 -gem .005

That's just MEAN. Especially as a default for us poor Mac users who don't have an easy way to turn it off unless we have some technical skills.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 11:21:57 am »

Updated to V1.17

Virtually all MDF options now turned on in the raws in this list - harder farming, all civs, greedy/picky nobles, etc.  I don't even know what some of them do :-)

Included an updated version of mdf-config, my CLI script to enable/disable options.  Changes base raws, not saves.

Sample execution:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Output of "mdf-config list"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 02:51:06 pm »

This would appear to not work for me. After everything loads I get a couple lines of what would appear to be corrupted textures and the game freezes.

Sorry, I just realized the game loaded properly after about five minutes. Ignore.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:53:44 pm by 90908 »
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 09:25:03 pm »

Well, thanks for updating urmane, but, erm, ALL options turned on by default?   ??? Okay, well I shall have to give your mdf-config a try, some of the options are quite painful. Greedy nobles, for example, makes the expedition leader start issuing demands right away. So, uh, no way to see which way toggles are set, except looking through the raws? I mean, I guess they are all toggled on by default, so toggle once to turn off. Let me try that with nobles. Uhm, and just about every other toggle, most of them are things I would not want to play with. :-\

Okay. That works, very cool! But WOW there are a lot of options to turn off. That is a lot of work. I think I will just grab a base version of the raws and replace the one with every single thing turned on, then use your wonderful config script to turn on just the few things I want different from the defaults.

And now I need a rar expander for mac. *sigh*

Edit: CRICKEY! Is the "objects.orig" directory the original, unmodified masterwork raws? Well, grr, wish I'd spotted that sooner, but still it was good to download the windoze masterwork and get those quickstart .png files and the .txt files for all the additions.
Edit 2: Oh, ah, nope that's just the regular DF raws...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:31:00 pm by GhostDwemer »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4