Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [MAC] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Mac  (Read 51066 times)

Sakedo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] Masterwork Dwarf Fortress for Mac
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »

I haven't had any luck with this -- trying on Sierra.
If I don't run the Sierra script of moving the file up and back, launching the pack just quick-closes. If I do launch the script and set it up as I would the Lazy Mac Pack, some of the settings appear to get overwritten and the .user file defaults back to not even starting dfhack.

Manually updating the PyLNP.user file gets me to the load screen but crashes on world creation with a seg fault:
[DFHack]# /Users/dwhitney/Desktop/LMP-MDF-1.22/df_osx v0.43.03/dfhack: line 15: 73411 Segmentation fault: 11  DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

Anyone able to get around this?

UPDATE: Looks like DFHack isn't launching properly because of the display_mode isn't set to TWBT.  I can update df_osx/data/init.txt manually
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:36:49 pm by Sakedo »

keepykoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 01:54:17 pm »

This new version wouldn't happen to be running with meph's new tileset by default would it? Nvm, I just downloaded and saw it's running Curses.  Well curses, I'm gonna wait and see whether Urmane's magic opens the way.  I hate to say it but my eyes aren't what they used to be.  I used to run Phoebus, because anything else had me seeing blurry after awhile.  But Meph's new tileset looks badass. Can't wait to try it.

UPDATE: In spite of what I just said I tried to play it anyway to give Curses a look.  It unpacks fine and I can launch Dwarftherapist from the GUI, but the "Play Dwarf Fortress!" button fails to launch anything.  Is anyone else having this problem?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:12:21 pm by keepykoon »

Rivare

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:37 pm »

Any updates on changing graphics?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 10:51:20 pm »

I'm all no bueno on Sierra, alas, even with the new libs.  There's various dynamic library shenanigans suggested around the 'net, but they don't really work, and I'm not OSX-savvy enough to debug why.

You can try changing down into the .app directory and running the binary directly, but even that's not reliable.

Mannick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »

Trying to get things sorted out.  Thus far I can get the game up, and generate world gen.  However i cant seem to select any race other than dwarfs atm, I believe this is because atm the entity_default file does not exist in my local, not sure if it is on purpose or not.

I have tried to find the files that would enable the other playable races, but not much luck.  If anyone can point me to the direction to them I probably could sort enabling them by default.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »

well I don't know anything about the mac version... but I do know that masterwork doesn't have an entity_default, entity_default defined the vanilla dwarfs in DF.

there's a series of entity files for each race... so if you are having to edit them on and off manually then you will be looking for entity files in the first part is setting for turning them on and off for fortress and adv mode...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Mannick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2017, 03:50:40 am »

Okay thanks that is a good pointer as to where to look.

Mannick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2017, 04:03:40 am »

So for those that are curious:

The files your looking for to turn on / off fort mode civs are files like: entity_slaver_succubus.txt, etc. 
Once you find them, look for the following tag:
!NO_FORT_MODE_SUCCUBUS!SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

to activate them, change it to:
YES_FORT_MODE_SUCCUBUS[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

Note that the SUCCUBUS changes to the race we are addressing so, ORC / Naga, etc.

Next issue I had been running into was that sometimes i would get into a WorldGen loop.

FakeSquid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 11:01:47 pm »

UPDATE: In spite of what I just said I tried to play it anyway to give Curses a look.  It unpacks fine and I can launch Dwarftherapist from the GUI, but the "Play Dwarf Fortress!" button fails to launch anything.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm definitely having this problem, even tried running the windows version through Wine after so much frustration (no success). The launcher launches Dwarftherapist fine, but the "Play Dwarf Fortress!" button is completely non-functional. Would really appreciate some help here. Running a macbook air (yes I know) right now, if that helps. OSX 10.10.5.

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2017, 09:53:47 pm »

Launching via the LMP doesn't do anything for me. I can launch Dwarf Therapist, and I can launch by running dfhack in the terminal, but when I try to connect Dwarf Therapist to DF it tell me that it can't connect to the unknown version. I didn't press anything else in the LMP that would break launching as far as I know. Anything I can do?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 06:51:18 pm »

Updated.

Be aware, this is barely tested.  I generated a world and embarked, but little else so far.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 02:58:55 pm »

I was wondering if anyone was working on an update for this version?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 06:07:48 pm »

Sure, I'll see what I can do.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2019, 07:18:59 pm »

Updated to 1.31.

DF 0.44.12
DFHack 0.44.12-r2
MDF 1.31
TWBT 6.57

I've not included Dwarf Therapist or Armok Vision in this package, as they are now available for OSX as prepackaged DMGs from GitHub.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 02:30:06 pm »

Updated to 1.31.

DF 0.44.12
DFHack 0.44.12-r2
MDF 1.31
TWBT 6.57

I've not included Dwarf Therapist or Armok Vision in this package, as they are now available for OSX as prepackaged DMGs from GitHub.

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4