Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Inarin: Your Fate Aligns the World - PROLOGUE  (Read 3663 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Inarin: Your Fate Aligns the World - PROLOGUE
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 01:48:34 am »

Let's head to Nightopia.
+1 then. Sounds urban.
One wheel short of a wagon

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2016, 09:57:43 pm »

It's decided, you're headed to Nightopia. For no reason in particular. You enter the train and its 'doors' close, leaving the station as soon as you get comfortable in your seat.

- - -

Minutes later, the train is about 2 minutes from Nightopia. It's a beautiful city. You're surprised to see, from the window, that it looks awfully human in design, only more polished than what you're used to. It's well lit, and doesn't seem to ever sleep. This assumption is soon proven to be factual, when the train rolls into the station and you see people waiting, but they aren't people. You're not sure what to call them. You just know they're natives of this...place. Upon exiting the vehicle, you behold individuals of various colors, shapes and sizes who don't seem to notice you as they go about their lives, some filling the train, others finding other places to be. You try not to stare out of fear of starting a fight. You know how staring leads to be vaporised thanks to your gratuitous amounts of time spent watching movies.

The station's white, blue and yellow walls give it a pristine appearance. It's clean, almost too clean. You catch ear, then eye, of two singing...natives. They look like what would happen if an anglerfish and an onion could produce offspring. That is to say, short, pale creatures with no eyes and a long antenna, a bioluminescent growth. Their heads are shaped like onions, which explains the onion part of the equation, and you suppress a laugh with regards to that.

- Ask them what's up with their signing.
- Ask them something about Nightopia.
- Ask them what the hell they are. And they are, and they are, and everyone else you've seen!
- Ask them if there are any Nightmares in Nightopia.
- Listen to their singing for a brief spell then keep it moving.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 11:10:17 pm »

EDIT: Mispost.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:37:48 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2016, 11:12:57 pm »

Listen, then keep moving.  We'll figure out what to do next, let's explore the city first.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 01:33:19 am »

The pair seem to be singing a song with chants in it such as "Hare Krishna", but with way more sing-song and tonal work. They actually aren't half bad. The song managed to get you grooving for a bit before you continue on.

One of the onions greets you happily. "Welcome, stranger, to Nightopia, City of Dreams!"

You smile and nod. They return to their singing. By the time you reach the street, you forget about the singing onions and behold the city. City of Dreams? More like City That Never Sleeps. Wait, that's taken already. But it's true! The sidewalk is packed with heaps of pedestrians, the streets with the strangest vehicles one could imagine, and skyscrapers that make the sky glow with their lights. The architecture a strange blend of Japanese and Mediterranean, with some western New Age/Modern thrown in. This place is simply amazing. Its so...alive.

You can't stand in awe any longer. You're not sure how long this 'dream' will last, or if it's even a dream at this point. Still, time to keep it moving and get some sort of plan going. You decide to ...

- Ask a citizen about Nightmares (specify what).
- Head somewhere else (specify where).
- Return to the train station and exit the dream.
- Do something else.

Double update greatness! Enjoy!

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 04:44:30 am »

Ask if they know any good places to get a job. Explain our experience in crushing nightmares.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 04:48:41 am »

Ask if they know any good places to get a job. Explain our experience in crushing nightmares.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 11:16:54 am »

You're not permanent residents, and this isn't that kind of game.

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2016, 11:35:06 am »

Look for a good restaurant. We can worry about the bill when we wake up.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2016, 10:27:31 pm »

Look for a good restaurant. We can worry about the bill when we wake up.
I don't think this is the type of FG you're looking for. :/

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 01:46:36 am »

Ask a citizen where nightmares come from.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2016, 01:30:19 pm »

You approach a random citizen that looks like a...you have no words. Maybe they can tell you more about Nightmares. But it's clear that after you ask they seem to not know or care about them.

"Why would a Nightmare be in Nightopia? You new or something? It's one of the safest cities you can live in!"

Before you can follow up, they go on about their day. This place might be trippy, but they carry the human urbanite attitude well enough. You're about to leave when you find two familiar faces answer you in more polite way.

"You see, stranger, our Queen -- w'alayai a'saalem -- has ensured that Nightopia remains eternally safe from Darkness."

"Indeed."

It's the two onion-anglerfish from the station!

"You're the two onion--I mean, singers from the station. Are you following me? What are you both doing here anyway?"

They both exchange some sort of eyeless look that you feel would be eye-rolling. If they, you know, had any. "No. We don't sing in stations forever. We have other pursuits and interests."

"Indeed. Multitudes, even."

You fold your arms. "More than singing?" No idea why, but you don't buy it. "Such as?", you inquire doubtfully.

"Singing on the city streets."

You face fault, and after a couple seconds, stand back up. "Okay. Ha-ha.", you say dryly. "You guys have some edge to you. Great. Now maybe you can tell me what is going on with this...place?"

"We will answer your questions."

"Indeed. Simply ask them."

+ Ask the onions about Nightmares.
- "What are Nightmares exactly?"
- "Where do they come from?"
- "Why do they seem to attack me automatically?"
- Something else.

+ Ask where you are. Not Nightopia, but the WHOLE PLACE.

+ Ask about the Queen w'alayai I'll-Sell-Them Whatever.
- "Who is she?"
- "She fights Nightmares? Badass!"
- "How do you say her name?"
- "I need to speak with her."
- Something else.

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »

+ Ask where you are. Not Nightopia, but the WHOLE PLACE.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2016, 12:30:37 am »

Okay, so...

Coming from the LL forums, it's site culture to "officially close" a forum game when it's time. I figure it's more "candour" than to simply fade into the darkness and pretend you didn't make a thread. Stand by what you do, right? Anyway, I'm closing this because I think the readers thought it was a different kind of game than it actually was, and so, it's best I end it now rather than fool people into participating when they aren't getting the fullness of what they want. Partially my fault, as it went from serious and slightly dark/personal to medium-light and something like Kingdom Hearts. When you join a forum, you enter into a new 'culture', and Inarin being my first game, I was bound to mess up the first time when attempting to get a feel for another 'culture'. I've learned from this (as with all my games), and will come back better once I figure out what on God's green one I'm going to do next. Definitely something with adventure or exploration in it, because those are dying genres when it comes to fiction.

Those that did participate are appreciated! Come by for the next game, whatever it is. Or don't. But at least buy me some chips.

SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2016, 01:12:25 pm »

Aww, this sounds like a lot of effort went into it.  Sorry to see it go like that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4