Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Reversing combat damage  (Read 6893 times)

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reversing combat damage
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 08:38:27 pm »

I personally don't have any need for this, but it is extremely interesting to read and I am excited to see what other people do with what you're building. Great work so far. :D It is also interesting to think about other applications of the skills you're developing during this process. Data analysis can be a very interesting field! :D

Aedom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 11:34:29 am »

*Redacted because I figured out my own answer*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:04:19 pm by Aedom »

Aedom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 01:17:30 pm »

Well, it has been a long time since I posted here.  The project is still alive and well, but I am only able to work on it sporadically as life imposes.  I am very comfortable with the tissue layer mechanics and I have a working implementation that covers most of the basic injury/material model effects.  Hundreds of striking scenarios are tested, and conform to the measured upper boundary post conditions that I see in DF arena.  I still have issues with very large or small creatures, where my accuracy falls off, but it has only been a serious problem for very small creatures (specifically gremlins with wood daggers are far too deadly in my engine vs their df counterpart)   

I am happy to field general questions about the model, or share code.  There are no immediate plans to publish my formulas as they mostly exist in my tested code at the moment (and I'm just having too much damn fun coding)

I have since moved on to reversing other features to fill out the engine.  I just finished recreating the liquids cellular automaton, with pressure included :) 

Presently, I'm trying to come up with a predictive model for the bleeding values that you can find by examining the injured layers after a cutting attack. Does anybody have any guidance on this?  Surely, there must be some modding guidance that helps to explain these values.   All that I have been able to find is that "bigger values in the [VASCULAR] tag means more blood, as well as having [ARTERIES] and [MAJOR_ARTERTIES]", but I'm interesting in knowing how much blood can come from a given injury, so that I can model blood loss effectively.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:20:08 pm by Aedom »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]