Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting companions  (Read 7222 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting companions
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 09:09:29 pm »

It seems I have to kill a few horses and then tell people about it.

Then I get a couple of soldiers to join me  8)
Should have tried finding some pirates, 'cos then it would have been "horses for corsairs"...  ;)

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 01:30:29 am »

I still have them active in any world I gen, if only because it's part of the DF narrative.
Turning bogeymen off pretty much makes the NPC who warns you of their danger, a lunatic.
There.
Did you ever needed another reason to turn them off now?  8)

Made me laugh at my morning coffee, the idea of a bunch of lunatic dwarves warning my lion man adventurer about some mystical "bogeymen" prowling the night.

- they are there, I tell ya!
- yeah, yeah, whatever...
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 01:58:56 pm »

:D adult NPCs don't need the help in being more crazy. They already converse endlessly about various monsters. Small talk makes up a very low % of their convos. I could see the children going on and on about what goes bump in the night.

But yeah, maybe the next time I play, I'll turn bogeys off and gen a crazy crazy world.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 03:43:33 pm »

:D adult NPCs don't need the help in being more crazy. They already converse endlessly about various monsters. Small talk makes up a very low % of their convos. I could see the children going on and on about what goes bump in the night.

But yeah, maybe the next time I play, I'll turn bogeys off and gen a crazy crazy world.
which is sad to hear given you could get an army of zombie bogeymen
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 08:25:03 pm »

I haven't played a necro since 34.11, so a menagerie of small, cute teleporting bogies is a never will.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »

I haven't played a necro since 34.11, so a menagerie of small, cute teleporting bogies is a never will.
they don't teleport.
they die every time they poof, and new ones spawn in their place.
making zombified bogeymen will just make small cute bogies that will fight for you up until you separate from the party and activate the cackling which then causes them to die with all the new bogeymen that would probably spawn in.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 08:04:31 pm »

they don't teleport.
making zombified bogeymen will just make small cute bogies that will fight for you up until you separate from the party and activate the cackling which then causes them to die with all the new bogeymen that would probably spawn in.
That doesn't count towards the number of bogeymen you need to kill to get them to leave, does it?

The wiki says you can't raise them with necromancy. I assume you need to use a reanimating biome?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:08 pm »

they don't teleport.
That doesn't count towards the number of bogeymen you need to kill to get them to leave, does it?

The wiki says you can't raise them with necromancy. I assume you need to use a reanimating biome?
its more you have to raise them once their all dead and the cackling is gone, also reanimation needs their heads intact other wise there no hard interaction immunity for bogeymen.
edit:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:45:16 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 [2]