Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Not getting seiged.  (Read 1034 times)

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not getting seiged.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 08:28:22 pm »

"Currently, as of v0.42.04, goblin ambushes do not happen due to it being removed from the raw. Sieges still do occur after your fortress exceeds the population of 80 though.
[edit]"

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Ambush

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 05:36:39 am »

Who can forget their first "An ambush!  Curse them!" one after another when they have sent their entire dwarf population into the field to carry back rocks?   :D 

How exactly did your rocks end up in the field in the first place?
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 09:15:38 am »

By the way, in 43.05, I got the message "a vile force of darkness has arrived..." , but it was just a goblin thief and a goblin bowman. That was when I had only 50 citizens.

"GOBLINS!!!! EVERYONE GET INS...wait what?"

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 09:27:28 am »

How exactly did your rocks end up in the field in the first place?

I typically play on 5x4 embarks with a ridge, hill, or cliff that my dwarves will then whittle down into a large fortress.   This is quicker than elaborate ground constructions and very efficient for defense.  (Not to mention, mass-channeling of soil is quick to dig and will level diggers quickly, allowing me to spend embark points elsewhere).
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 02:24:07 pm »

@Libash_Thunderhead: Sounds like one of the current bugged hello/goodbye sieges.
Pages: 1 [2]