Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Where did I go wrong?

(1/1)

Spectre9000:
So, I dled the latest Phoebus (supposedly supporting 43.05), and copied it over the raw and data folders in my df folder, and over the raw folder in my save.

I backed up my entire df folder before doing this, fyi.

The game generally looks good (I'd like circular pillars instead of square ones, but eh), but my text just looks all kinds of jacked up now. I'm getting lever's in place of certain characters and weird shadow boxes and other assorted issues with my text, not to mention how much wider it is (which is to be expected some because of the square vs rectangle issue).

What did I do wrong with installing this?

Meph:
You did nothing wrong. There are two versions of language files: Those with accented characters and those without. You are still using the ones with accented characters, like טפה, which are used by the Phoebus tileset to show graphics.

Just switch out your language files and you will be fine. :) The phoebus download should include those. You need to re-gen a new world.

Spectre9000:
How do I do this? I'm not finding much on language files.

kingsableye:
Another way that saves the hassle of trying to re-gen the world or some such, is to go into the init file and change [PRINT_MODE:XX] to be [PRINT_MODE:2D] where XX is whatever it is set to, if it's already [PRINT_MODE:2D] then you're good and you just have to go a little farther down in the init file and change [TRUETYPE:NO] to [TRUETYPE:YES]
This will, however, use the font from the font file in the art folder (which may be good if you replace the default font with one you prefer).
*Note: Instead of YES you can have TRUETYPE set a value for the pixel size of the font (24 is the most common/default? it's kind of big, experiment with what you like.)

Hope this helps mate

jecowa:
The fact that he doesn't have the language files makes me think he might not have copied any of the /raw/objects/ over.

Those shadow box characters are your periods. That's just what Phoebus looks like without Text Will Be Text. Phoebus sacrifices text to improve graphics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version