Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash during "Choose fortress location" :(  (Read 1481 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash during "Choose fortress location" :(
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:03:09 pm »

MWDF just stops responding after about 30 seconds of looking for a site... halp?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Crash during "Choose fortress location" :(
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:13:31 am »

Try without TWBT.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 07:32:03 pm »

I stopped generating worlds myself, and that maaay have helped, but I will try that if it crashes again! (It has a tendency to crash randomly here and there) Thanks!
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 09:03:52 pm »

I run with seasonal saves and I ctrl-alt-S anytime I do a lot of designations or assignments of jobs so if it does crash, I don't lose that.

Crashes happen.  Some are due to vanilla issues though.  Hard to pin a lot down.  Nothing in logs that appears related.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:09:26 pm »

Still get crashes without TWBT, and in one of the pre gen worlds. :(