Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update 1.16 - FOUR-HUNDRED NEW CREATURES!  (Read 13276 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Update 1.16 - FOUR-HUNDRED NEW CREATURES!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 05:08:39 am »

They are harmless.

All but the first one are some reaction-trigger failing to register (meaning some reaction somewhere isn't going to work as intended) and the first one is roses-init failing, meaning anything that relies on roses scripts will fail.
Not quite. First one is one of Roses script, yes, but it does not affect the others. I talked with him about it. Everything I do with his scripts works.

The reaction-trigger I havent seen myself, but until I know which reactions cause this, I cant do anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

Figured out why TESB seems to be initializing three times.  Meph has modified copies of a TESB script to handle warpstone.  That's fine except that all three calls are using the same callback handle in the Eventful system, meaning that only one is actually active.

Meph, on line 185 "tesbJobMonitor" is the callback handle, you'll probably want to change that to "warpstone" or something similar.  Then delete line 225 and adjust the text in the new 225.  The proper solution is to expand on TESB's job monitor so that it can handle more than one set of probabilities, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to that.

With the corrected callbacks, it will function as expected with the minuscule probability of multiple specials occurring in the same tile.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 02:32:32 pm »

Nice catch, I'll fix it for the next release.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 06:36:11 pm »

Question: with weekly releases, the question comes up, "Can I retrofit my existing fort with new content?"

Maybe not everybody - still, how to determine what has been updated, and if it would break an existing fort?  Maybe I could write a script ...

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:26 pm »

Had a crash with this version when trying to carve stairs into a 1st layer cavern (making a well for my hospital) upon that tile being flooded with water it crashed (Was observing as I was about to destroy the stairs and start channelling out the well)

The only relevant information from the error log is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

stderr log

No idea what to look for error wise to report a crash. Was it a path finding memory crash? (I installed LAA)
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:58 am »

Had a crash with this version when trying to carve stairs into a 1st layer cavern (making a well for my hospital) upon that tile being flooded with water it crashed (Was observing as I was about to destroy the stairs and start channelling out the well)

The only relevant information from the error log is

stderr log

No idea what to look for error wise to report a crash. Was it a path finding memory crash? (I installed LAA)
Could you please upload the save? I'd like to have a look. It most likely has a different reason, not the water or pathfinding.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »

I don't have the exact save anymore, (Abandoned. Although the site could be re-embarked upon?) I just moved to another site; next door to be exact. I tried replicating the issue at the time, but it never crashed again, same spot similar actions etc, it didn't crash the game. It was acting very odd with pathfinding though, as my log was filled with it, and a lot of dwarves standing still waiting for tile updates (So they could figure out where to path) or whatever DF calls them. I was assuming it was just a out of memory crash as it had to suddenly calculate a lot of path finding, when it didn't have the memory to do so, as the dwarf had to run away after channelling the last stairs the entire cavern had to be calculated for pathing but that's just my 2 pence.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:36:50 pm by zakhad »
LP'er
Pages: 1 [2]