Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you decide whether to fight a Forgotten Beast?  (Read 7749 times)

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you decide whether to fight a Forgotten Beast?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 04:03:41 am »

My decision making process:

Can I utilise it?

A Yes -> I should trap it.
B I don't know how -> trap it anyway.

The webbers and FBs with breath weapons do make amazing assets. What could possibly be cooler than your entire fortress walking around in threads woven of the silk from some god like monstrosity left over from the darkness that predates the world. Sure crossbow dwarves can get the job done, but nothing says get off my lawn quite like lowering the blast shutters on a pill box to reveal a fire breathing eldritch abomination glaring out through the fortifications before it incinerates everything in sight.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 10:50:06 am »

Can I utilise it?

The webbers and FBs with breath weapons do make amazing assets. What could possibly be cooler than your entire fortress walking around in threads woven of the silk from some god like monstrosity left over from the darkness that predates the world. Sure crossbow dwarves can get the job done, but nothing says get off my lawn quite like lowering the blast shutters on a pill box to reveal a fire breathing eldritch abomination glaring out through the fortifications before it incinerates everything in sight.

0 things are better than that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 10:44:44 am »

Can I utilise it?

0 things are better than that.
I'm not sure, I'm quite partial to the whole zombie ravens thing myself.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:08 am »

I had a system based on what kind of special attack they had, with drawbridges that led to certain areas.

Poisonous Gas, Deadly Dust, Web, Deadly Blood: All drawbridges were closed except for the one leading to a Rutherer chained up near fortifications. Elite Marksdwarves stationed beyond the fortifications would shoot it with bolts until it was dead.

Fire: Again with drawbridges, led to a room with War Cave Dragons.

Poisonous Bite, anything else: Send the Melee Dwarves.

Watch out for Forgotten Beasts that are spiders. It might only say "Poisonous Bite", but they can web too, except for tarantulas for some reason.
Pages: 1 [2]