Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (IC Thread) [Unknown Wanderers]  (Read 12696 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Thread Rules
OOC Thread

1. Questions and general OOC discussion must be posted in the OOC thread to reduce clutter.

2. Post formatting is mandatory for readability.
"Use colored text for PC speech."
Use italics to indicate thoughts.

Normal text for descriptions and/or fluff.
Always use bold text for actions.

3. Posting Order:
In battle: Player/s -> GM -> Player/s... Until end of Player Phase -> GM posts Enemy Phase -> GM posts for allies -> Turn End -> Repeat until map is cleared.
Outside of Battle: Players-> GM as needed -> Players -> Repeat until next map begins.

4. Unless you have been explicitly given permission, do not post in this thread, since it is only for in-character chatter and actions.
Any comments, PTWs and the like should be posted in the OOC thread instead.

Table of Contents:
Prologue: Glorious Beginnings
Chapter 1: Unknown Wanderers
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:55:47 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (IC Thread) [Glorious Beginnings]
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:23:12 pm »

Prologue: Glorious Beginnings

Alife is a rich and prosperous city, its wealth proclaimed in every building and monument. Even the smallest and poorest of districts can afford to cobble their roads and regularly sweep the streets clean of refuse. The markets are full of traders haggling with their customers and guards looking for pickpockets. The habour is full of ships sailing to this port or that city. The house of Merchant Ovidio lies away from all that business and noise, in a section of the city that is quiet, respectable and very residential. Only a few craftsmen making trinkets for the market and the sounds of children playing can be heard over the low rumble of a city at work. The Merchant's home is comprised of several floors, with glass in every window to form a respectable testament to its owner's wealth. Finding his house in the maze of city streets is easier than could be expected. Every citizen seems to know where it is, their directions given with a confused smile as if they are uncertain why someone would ask such a question. By the time that the time for the meeting arrives, marked by the third bell in the nearby church, a small crowd has assembled in front of the house. Most of the gathering is composed of local citizens, intent on gawking at the proceedings. Without any fanfare, the door to the house opens and a short, broad-chested man steps out. He must be Merchant Ovidio himself, judging by his mild expression and fine clothing.

"Greetings one and all! It is a fine day to welcome such..." Ovidio trails off as he realizes just how few actual mercenaries showed up.

"Oh. I must admit that I was expecting a larger group to show up. Or perhaps some with more obvious... experience. Ah, perhaps you are merely the representatives that they had sent? Is a small army of mercenaries camping outside of the city's walls as we speak? Yes, yes, that surely must be the case. Right?" The citizens in the crowd perk up as he speaks, and except for a few quiet murmurs it is silent as they all await a reply.

Blade Master Model 42 (Marcianus Acosta), Criptfeind (Taukek Skyrider), Deus Asmoth (Bori Andon), F.O.E. (Alisa Ferrer), Gaterhyme (Karima al-Zalara), GiglameshDespair (Ghamina Al-Ghul), KingMurdoc (Ava Ferrer), Praefectus Screptum (Athros, the Kind), Sentient Bowtie (Diane Mauro) and Swordstar (Seraphina Dalfon) are in!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:32:09 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:32:23 pm »

"Sir, I sincerely hope you realize no military leaders would send such a large army for this summons. There as many who believe your words are true as those who dismiss them as fantasy. I myself was lucky to convince the clergy to allow me to come.."
Black lives matter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 02:35:07 pm »

Taukek stepped forward though the crowd, settling on the cobblestones before the merchant.

"I know nothing of any army. But I am here. I heard there was a job?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:35:37 pm »

"Alisa, are you sure this dude's a good idea? He's totally trash talking us already."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 02:38:54 pm »

Sera twirled her axe by her side, considering her options in speaking up. Finally deciding that it was worth saying, she called out,

"I've got connections. But I need to learn more before I'm willing to bring them up. We can't do any sort of thing that would risk our position without knowing for sure we've got a good thing going. But I have to say, I'm looking forward to this adventure if the rumors we've all clearly heard are true."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »

"Oh, that is not very kind of your part. If you do wish to keep the few you have here, you might at least try to show some respect...Kekeke."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 02:54:00 pm »

"It seems like you've greatly overestimated who'd be willing to go against Prince Pieter at the start. Perhaps once we've proven we won't be instantly crushed we will rally more support."

"Alisa, are you sure this dude's a good idea? He's totally trash talking us already."

"We'll just have to prove our worth then, Ava."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 02:58:41 pm »

A tall, slender woman with dusky skin, and bandages wrapped hap-hazardly around her face looked around with a languid, sarcastic expression.

"This is it? Hmmph."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 03:00:03 pm »

"Ah, my apologies. I did not mean to be so rude. I was simply expecting that more would be interested, that is all. I thought that more people would... Ah, it is no matter. No matter at all." Ovidio runs his fingers against his moustache for a moment to regain his composure.

"I should be happy that so many of you are interested. Yes, yes, that is the way I should be looking at things. This is an uncertain endeavour after all. The King of Aen has been reigning for a very long time, and his son has proven to be a better general than he is a diplomat. Such difficulties will no doubt keep others away until we surmount them, then more will undoubtedly arrive to show their support. Yes, yes. That is it. Now where was I? Ah, yes."

"You are all here looking to serve as mercenaries, are you not? I can assure you that I will offer fair wages for your work, so long as you are orderly and disciplined. Very fair wages. Food and board will be included, a bonus will be given after every battle, and I will not ask for a share of the plunder. Not even a small portion of it. Ah, of course you are expected to bring and maintain your own armour and equipment, but I have been led to understand that this is a common condition in this business. Ah... Am I missing anything? I feel that I am missing something important here. These are busy times after all, forgetting a few details is to be expected. I am certain it will come to me if I think long enough..." A few chuckles come from the crowd, quickly silenced by shushes from their neighbours.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 03:04:46 pm »

Sera had mostly stopped paying attention at this point and elbowed Marc in the side.

"Come on! This is going to be exciting! We're championing [a long thought dead prince. Taking back the throne for the rightful heir! It could be straight off the pages of a novel. Surely you can at least smile about that."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:08:25 pm by Swordstar »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 03:11:55 pm »

"...How orderly?"
Black lives matter.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 03:19:04 pm »

"That is much better, kekeke. You are trying to hire people for a very...Unusual task, so you should not be surprised."
The armored man gave a shrug in response at Ovidio's words.
"I am not a man to worry about fortunes, but I also won't deny some easy money. So I will gladly tag along, especially if that is Khordad's wills."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »

"Don't worry," The singer said acidly. "I'm sure you can reclaim a kingdom with... ten people."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:29:30 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16