Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Update 1.17 - Fear the Night, Wizards Tower and DragonsDogma/Warcraft Mod  (Read 11906 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Updates every Friday!

::: LINUX ::: ||| ::: MAC :::
::: Current version: V.1.17 - Updated 29th September 2016 - For DF.43.03 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 ::: 1.09 ::: 1.10 ::: 1.11 ::: 1.12 ::: 1.13 ::: 1.14 ::: 1.15 ::: 1.16:::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update! This week a day early to make up for last week. ;)

Notes: This update adds three complete mods to the pack with over 100 new creatures!

Changelog:
- Fixed scripts issues if both warpstone and tesb were active. Thanks, Dirst!
- Updates Succubus mode. Thanks, Boltgun!
- Added Xangis Fear the Night mod.
- Added Secrets/Creatures from SethCreiyds Wizards Tower mod.
- Added creatures from Zm5s Modpack.
- Updates GUI to toggle those changes.

Changelog for Succubus mode:
- The magma well now spawn flows like the dwarven one.
- Boosted fire weapons a bit, they may cut unarmored foes.
- Fixed possible crashes upon summoning.
- Summoned HFS are less likely to trash the place on arrival.
- Corruption is working again.

Fear the Night:
- 7 new secrets to learn in Adv-Mode, and 7 new types of mages to besiege you in fort mode.
- 9 High-end enemies like Infernomancers and demons.
- New boogeymen, werebeasts and vampires.

Wizards Tower:
- 20 new secrets to learn in Adv-Mode, and 20 new types of mages to besiege you in fort mode.
- 16 creature-men, like flesh and bone-men, but also animated entities like cheese men and syrup men.

Zm5s Creature Pack:
- 6 new secrets to learn in Adv-Mode, and 6 new types of mages to besiege you in fort mode.
- 75 creatures from Warcraft and Dragons Dogma. They roam the surface and the caverns, or appear as megabeasts.

You can toggle these in the Mods-tab in the GUI, to increase your challenge in fort mode or give you more interesting targets in Adv-mode. The creatures from Fear the Night and Wizards Tower do have sprites, the ones from Zm5s pack not (yet).

This brings the total amount of new creatures up to over 500(!) in the last two mod updates. :)

Spoiler: Complete list here (click to show/hide)

Community feedback: Poll about races still up. I'm currently looking into graphic packs, so keep updated for that. I really want to get overrides to work with the GUI, so that I can install Gemset.

Patreon: 3 new patrons this week, raising the pot by $9 Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.17 - Fear the Night, Wizards Tower and DragonsDogma/Warcraft Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:42 am »

CURSOR_UP and CURSOR_DOWN are unbound in the laptop keybinds. I'm super excited about playing Masterwork again but I immediately noticed this on the embark screen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:33:35 am »

CURSOR_UP and CURSOR_DOWN are unbound in the laptop keybinds. I'm super excited about playing Masterwork again but I immediately noticed this on the embark screen.
Noted.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »

http://puu.sh/rtkxB/9857843ee1.png

I cant stop laughing at this, I love the new wizard creatures
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:02:55 pm »

Er...Some pruning might need to be done with the new creatures. I turned on 'All animals are trainable', and activated the new creature mods. As succubi, I noticied something called a Gorecyclops for 1 point each. So I bout 20.

I embark, and I check Therapist. 20 Peasants for the price of 1 point each, that are upwards of 7,000,000 in size. So it may be a itty bitty teensy bit unbalanced at the moment.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Er...Some pruning might need to be done with the new creatures. I turned on 'All animals are trainable', and activated the new creature mods. As succubi, I noticied something called a Gorecyclops for 1 point each. So I bout 20.

I embark, and I check Therapist. 20 Peasants for the price of 1 point each, that are upwards of 7,000,000 in size. So it may be a itty bitty teensy bit unbalanced at the moment.

New creatures without a monetary value defined will default to 1 so it's just a matter of finding who lack their PETVALUE and setting something.

Cray

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Here's a little annoying keybind overlap in human civ, that hasn't been addressed probably since their release.

Both Merchants & Guilds and Brick Splitting Block are binded to "i", so by clicking it you build the first one which of course has no use.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

as humans i noticed that you cant sell any normal non standardized wood to the merchant... i.e. birch, willow, etc... just rough wooden logs. (or i didnt find where to convert them yet... maybe the wood guild, but i think they make planks/blocks out of wood.)
maybe its possible to change the sell wood action to pick any non special woodtype (i.e. with sell 10 wood they could pick 6 birch and 2 willow and 2 rough logs you bought earlier).
or maybe add a "wood cleaning block" where the people clean off the branches of the non standard wood and convert i.e. a birch log into a rough wooden log. so it works for both standardized and non standardized options.

maybe other "non standardized" materials are also not sell able like this. (leather? dog leather?) havent checked everything, just noticed it at the wood.

and i think its not possible to craft wooden toys at the craftsworkshop. (no idea if its a vanilla thing... but tried to sell the wood and couldnt so decided to craft toys out of them as they go for 200% at the next caravan and couldnt either. thought its weird that i can make rock toys but no wood toys. well or i skipped over the entry 5 times yesterday  ??? but then there are other materials too that cant make toys... i.e. bone (might be nice for orc or kobold forts toys out of bone) or cloth/yarn/silk like cloth teddybears.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:01:37 am by Nelia Hawk »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or change it to sell wood planks.  Splitting logs normalizes them, doesn't it?  Of course, adjust the numbers per sale.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dont know if selling planks is good... i mean planks you get from the guild, but you need gold to make the guild and the merchant is used to sell basic stuff to get gold to get the better guilds.
doesnt help you if you can sell planks but cant make them because you cant get gold. (just talking about wood on its own here)

random sidenote: i think there is no way to buy seeds? (well you can buy plants so no idea if buying seeds is needed, also from caravans... and adding a seed merchant has the added problem (?) that you get bags too then... well its just something i noticed)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:15:44 am by Nelia Hawk »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 10:49:45 am »

True, was thinking of wood splitting block, but humans don't get that, do they?

Seeds are easy.  Go collect plants.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 11:05:03 am »

no they dont get the woodcutblock but they have one for stone. and one of the carpenters extensions is to get lots of wood planks.

but but... how do i spend my gold while harvesting? throw the coins at the plants? :D
yeah kind of forgot about simple harvesting, BUT that also just gets you the plants... same as if you buy them from the food merchant. you would have to i.e. brew them one way or another to get seeds out of them.

edit:
got sieged by 8 undead wine man ("the dead walk hide while you can")... and they disappeared and siege lifted after a few seconds.
dont know if them being undead and out of wine screwed up something... not 100% sure how undeads work now or how wine man work, but i.e. if they are based on bone damage and wine man have no bones or so that might made them disappear? well no idea...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:31:51 pm by Nelia Hawk »

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 08:52:00 am »

Hello Meph, thanks for your work. I am just wondering why spacefox in masterwork looks so different from spacefox in LNP? It looks much brighter in LNP as shown in the pictures below
LNP

Masterwork

Thank you for your attention

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 10:40:16 am »

but but... how do i spend my gold while harvesting? throw the coins at the plants? :D
yeah kind of forgot about simple harvesting, BUT that also just gets you the plants... same as if you buy them from the food merchant. you would have to i.e. brew them one way or another to get seeds out of them.

I bring few seeds because there's no guarantee they will grow.  Just some staples that grow in most biomes I am apt to choose.  Then I gather what IS growing and brew, or process, or let the dwarves/humans/whatever eat and leave the seeds, and plant those.

I find even bringing 2 drinks per and no meat I am still not in trouble in most embarks.  Of course, an extreme one (glacier or desert or a really nasty evil where gathering is pretty much no go) would be a different proposition.  In my typical embark I can have plenty of drinks made and the wagon haulers slaughtered easily before there is a risk of hunger or thirst.  If the gathering is good, even the slaughtering can wait.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 02:01:32 pm »

Its the grass sprites that are different in the spacefox versions. Its on my list. :)
Pages: [1] 2