Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Tresspassers of the Archives OOC  (Read 10653 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Tresspassers of the Archives OOC
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »

If you’re here, you probably saw my post on the Tresspassers OOC thread. If not, go check it out.

IC: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161045.msg7211921#msg7211921

Even before joining Bay12 I've wanted to pursue the concept of characters from all corners of Pop Culture ending up together with a D&D style format. Imagine my suprise when I discovered Tresspassers of the Multiverse. However, as I soon discovered, Tresspassers is kinda intense when it comes to interacting IC. I remember once in the span of 20 minutes 5 non-GM pages of dialogue got posted between like 4 characters. This makes it kinda hard for new people to join.

I'd like to take a shot at creating an offshoot of Tresspassers. If you were in Tresspassers but fell out due to inability to keep up, wanted to join but there was already a character similar to yours, or maybe just want to join Good Ol’Porky on a magical adventure to ruin and destruction, then feel free to sign up

Da Rules: Here Be Da Rules. Obey or Be Fed to My Pet Kobolds

Characters: Just, make your character. Since this is going to include every single universe, it would probably take a Tolkeinesque tome of character building to even begin to flesh out a balanced system. Here's the format:

Character Name: (Self-explanatory (I hope))
Character Bio: (Backstory, age, gender etc.)
Character Hp: (How many whacks does it take to kill ya?)
Character Stats: (Bonuses to Rolls)
Character AC: (Why dodge attacks when you can just not give a shit?)
Character Dodge: (You can't Hit me! You can't h- OW!)
Character Class: (Just basic overarcing stereotype. Feel free to improvise)
Character Inventory: (Store Epic L00tZ here.)
Character Abilities: (That voodoo you do.)
Character Skills: (that Non-combat voodoo you do.)

Here's basic stats. You can augment them, but remember these are basic “mile markers” to warn you if your getting to the dreaded curse of an OVERPOWERED CHARACTER

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, go wild. Just run character sheets through me and I'll try to be lenient. Keep in mind that i WILL be scaling monsters around your sheets,so if your much more powerful than your friends, your friends are going to have to deal with much “higher level” enemies.

For Characters in terms of like, well, characterization, feel free to either create your own character or take one from a series. Just don't make it a protagonist. Or his/her traveling companions.

Examples of Good Characters vs Bad Ones

Toad: Good (Minor character, relatively unfleshed out.)
Mario: Bad (Protagonist, has like 7 back stories.)

Predator: Good (Entire Species, mysterious, cool motivations.)
Schwarzenegger: Bad (I mean, come on. Way too straightforward)

Tf2 Class: Good (Good personality, very open to interpretation)
GABEN: Bad (Is basically a god. Deserves your respect)

Bob Ross: Go for it.
Morgan Freeman: Bad (Overpowered)

Here is a character that I made for the old Tresspassers game. This should give you a good idea on what a “reasonable” character will be like stat wise. I might include him later.

Also, keep a reasonable dose of humour and personality in your character. Blood-oaths and honor codes are fine, but everyone has some grain of personality and humanity in them.

One last note on characters: I have successfully extracted myself from a good part of Anime culture upon realizing that if I was making theories about Berserk, I was too far in. If you want to create a character based on an anime, feel free, but PM me and update me exactly who your character is.

Shipping: The Main Attraction

Since for some strange reason bay12ers can't keep their hands off of potential relationships between fictional characters, I'm going to need to address this. Feel free to do whatever you want with this, but basically follow these rules:

Skill rolls/Stats
I really don't have the time/energy to create a whole skill system, so I've just got this.

If you go missing for like 2 weeks without warning us beforehand (And it should be a good reason) , I will most likely have to give your slot to the next person on the wait list. You can still rejoin, but you'll have to wait a bit for us to get to a point in the story where it makes sense. Not trying to be tyrannical, but I've seen too many awesome threads shrivel up and die due to a person who usually is the life of the party suddenly stops talking. I will also try to continue updating regularly. If i become disinterested or preoccupied, I will gladly pass on my crown of GMiness to some other worthy soul. PM me if you think you'd be good for that.

Alright, that should be it. Post a question if you have it! I'll start the game off when I get 4+ People.

Oh, and one last thing.

I will be filling this thing with Lovecraftian Horror, Idiotically catchy Songs, Interdimensional Travel, Impossible Physics, And references to every sort of fandom known to mankind.

Ye be warned.

Enter if you dare.

Hugs N Kisses

Uncle Porkins

Woohoo! Players!

Supernerd
Wozzy
Shadestyle
VishDaFish
S34N1C
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:58:27 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tresspassers of the Archives OOC
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:22:09 pm »

Hey, maybe this is a game I can get into without having to catch up on 250+ posts literally every time I go to sleep. Anyway, PTW.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:46:52 pm »

Reserved for things ill probably think of later
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:06:49 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 04:25:43 pm »

Boop
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 04:53:27 pm »

1. Make sure your characterization isn't 100% shipping. Unless your RPing a nymphomaniac it makes no sense
2. Respect basic moral codes of nowadays. No Incest, Lolicons, Etc.
3. No sexy time. We gotta keep this relatively decent folks.
4. Don't create 5 straight pages of just dialogue. It scares people off. Wait till we have a good group and you can ramp it up from there. Be patient
5. Don't be too edgy. If something starts looking like a certain unnamable vampire romance novel I will fire the BanCannon.
6. Homosexuality/Lesbianism: Go wild. Due to the fact that most characters seem to be attractive females (No idea why) this is more than likely going to happen.
7. Interpecies: *Shrug* Go ahead. I've been around deviantart. I've seen weirder
9. If you want to ship your character with another players character, but they disagree, feel free to have your character desperately turning into a Yandere try to get their attention. This is hilarious and I wholeheartedly approve of it.
where is rule number 8, porkins

what did you do to 8 you bastard
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »

will probably make a character later like in a few hours. maybe tomorrow. dont have time to right now
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 05:03:16 pm »

1. Make sure your characterization isn't 100% shipping. Unless your RPing a nymphomaniac it makes no sense
2. Respect basic moral codes of nowadays. No Incest, Lolicons, Etc.
3. No sexy time. We gotta keep this relatively decent folks.
4. Don't create 5 straight pages of just dialogue. It scares people off. Wait till we have a good group and you can ramp it up from there. Be patient
5. Don't be too edgy. If something starts looking like a certain unnamable vampire romance novel I will fire the BanCannon.
6. Homosexuality/Lesbianism: Go wild. Due to the fact that most characters seem to be attractive females (No idea why) this is more than likely going to happen.
7. Interpecies: *Shrug* Go ahead. I've been around deviantart. I've seen weirder
9. If you want to ship your character with another players character, but they disagree, feel free to have your character desperately turning into a Yandere try to get their attention. This is hilarious and I wholeheartedly approve of it.
where is rule number 8, porkins

what did you do to 8 you bastard
Dammit I knew I'd miss something. Anyway rule #8 is that Dungeoneers a turd.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 05:35:23 pm »

Do I dare ask where the many characters of madoka magica are on that list or where jason voorhees is....oh wait I just did.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 06:02:38 pm »

PTW, Sheet tomorrow.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 11:57:30 pm »

Here is my application.

Spoiler: application (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trivia (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:30:11 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 06:43:04 am »

Spoiler it and maybe redact some abilities. Like you should have around 7. Other than that your in
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 07:39:51 am »

Would 9 abilities still be acceptable for a squishy character?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 07:59:38 am »

Eh. Sure.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 05:03:03 pm »

OYE! I am not allowing this thread to die just because you lot are too lazy to make sheets.! Pick it up!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 05:14:39 pm »

It's been one day..?
Black lives matter.