Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 102038 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #660 on: February 03, 2017, 07:24:51 pm »

Most of this team's planning seems to be of the 'suicidal bravery' variety. And it works! Kinda! Somehow!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 03, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »

:I
* Kesari rolls around in tension.
THIS BREVITY IS MAKING ME GO D:

There's a 'Mickaw interjected' in the away team's turn which probably doesn't belong there, unless Mickaw is able to possess Varkonius from time to time.

Poor Mickaw, anyway. Stuck on a ship of complete lunatics, his chances of survival dwindling. I think it's time to put him out of his misery.
Knock him oooout!
FECKIN' HELL. I was bloody certain I had the entire turn on-Reunion saved to my PM box. Now I've get Kari's and half of Boris'.

*Whimper* Motivation, slipping.

Though that does give me an excuse to reroll some stuff.  ::)

EDIT: So much dialogue that I liked... Gone...
D: Sorry!
* Tiruin rolls around because nobody cared about sending the mercs on a shuttle u_u

Also is it possible for the Sled to scan the current vicinity and me to provide a mapping (at least helping rolls) for the away team? Like, knowledge of the interior + highlighted living bodies/hostilities or stuff?

And is it possible for me to bore in bombs if I know the layout of the interior of a vessel? :3 I'm pretty sure that this is possible provided that nothing obstructs the general vicinity of the exit-bore and its cargo.

IMPERATIVE NOTE: DRAIGNEAN--CAN I HEAR WHAT'S GOING ON IN BORIS' AREA. I WANT TO INTERJECT MICKAW.
Most of this team's planning seems to be of the 'suicidal bravery' variety. And it works! Kinda! Somehow!
I'm gonna get y'all out alive and then wonder how in the world I can actually work with the away team given unknown position in the timeskip + unknown details. I will try! :I
* Tiruin cries inside

Also are we getting a GM response on this? :D Sorry for my giddy prodding, I'm giddy and tense.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:40:03 pm by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 03, 2017, 10:59:19 pm »

Also are we getting a GM response on this? :D Sorry for my giddy prodding, I'm giddy and tense.

Not in your timeline, no. For the moment, you cannot interact directly with Sadish, and Sadish cannot interact directly with you. You must preserve the timeline.

IMPERATIVE NOTE: DRAIGNEAN--CAN I HEAR WHAT'S GOING ON IN BORIS' AREA. I WANT TO INTERJECT MICKAW.

Hmm... Sure, I'll give you some limited hearing.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 04, 2017, 12:03:02 am »

Not in your timeline, no. For the moment, you cannot interact directly with Sadish, and Sadish cannot interact directly with you. You must preserve the timeline.
But...I have NO idea if the message I sent got received or what she sends is received :/ Sentences could help though! "You send a message to Sadish and the only confirmation of a response is [...]" or 'but you feel static on the other end, your comm circlet reports the message is unsent with a red frowny face" or something :P

Hmm... Sure, I'll give you some limited hearing.

Do I get to hear him being a jerk to me and calling me idealistic?
Because I'm ordering him to get off my ship and save his hide. :P

I'm feeling useless at the moment though and somehow am attracting hyperbole thoughts to 11. "Bluff it up hard and say that you don't care about forcefully blowing up their shuttle." or "Keep bluffing and noting that hey, since he doesn't care but does actually care by keeping on aggrandizing this person, he can get off and we've been warned." or "This guy keeps making this person so powerful and we get the darn message already, if you can't be anymore specific or helpful, get on your shuttle and leave."

But it boiled down to 'Here's the charted coordinates of your bore jump. We'll see you at this approximate location. When you receive word from us, remember your cowardice.' alongside ramping up Bluffy to 11. Maybe I'll even design a rudimentary AI (which isn't an AI) and name it BLUFFY because of how bluffing I feel about making things up and being lost in my timeslip and even until now forgetting to just jam any incoming transmission that isn't mine to ensure that Mickaw/Co. aren't being tracked or stuff and letting my paranoia slip further :I

Edit: I just read up the away team's turns and holy cheese I can't bluff that well when reality is even better. It's just obvious that 'ohey we're not in trouble now = looks like they're stalled on the station! :D' and that's what I went with.

I do like how Khate is pretty memorable, especially by our prologue-antag Varky. And ooooooooh, Mickaw is the crazyfin's lieutenant?!

Boris, please punch him. :P
Edit2: OHHHH, That isn't Ka-Teun. Thaaaaat is. [/didn'treadWilcox]
...How did the lieutenant know that?!

Also subtly wondering if I can bore a modified bomb that won't be lethal (ship-board munitions do have that, right?) into the station and...help. >_> But it's more that I'm confused where in the timeslip I'm in as I just read mine and Boris' updates and assume I'm on the same time as that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:32:23 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 06, 2017, 09:21:02 am »

I'm really wary of timing but being alongside Boris' timeline, I'd really want to cut into his speech (Mick's) and order him back into the shuttle. Going to push bluff about him obviously just aggrandizing instead of giving more, actual details. :P

Or we can let Boris do punch punch. :D That takes a few seconds at most!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 09, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »

Okay, so, I have turn partially written, but I'm now on drugs. Considering I just e-signed my name with a pretty pretty flower at the end of it, I'm reasonably certain that the codeine is effecting me slightly.

I'm going to continue working on the turn, but I'll be doing my editing while sober. Which means you'll have a writer whose general attitude is "Don't worry, be happy" and an editor whose philosophy is "Life is pain and death is the cure for all suffering".

So, yeah. Peace, and just a heads up that the next turn might take a little bit.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 09, 2017, 02:48:15 pm »

"At which point the happy flowers cold synthium slugs wafted gently bored mercilessly ionto the team, leaving them feeling happy and relaxed the iron grip of death as they floated crawled inch by agonizing inch back to their snack pad shuttle.

Mission Accomplished!*
*All mortal accomplishments are ultimately meaningless struggling against an inevitable all-consuming void"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 10, 2017, 08:12:39 am »

Hope you're doing okay, Draignean. I recently had some heavy painkillers. It was not a productive time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 10, 2017, 11:10:44 pm »

Hope you're doing okay, Draignean. I recently had some heavy painkillers. It was not a productive time.
Same, hope you're doing okay despite seemingly what's causing those things to happen.

* Tiruin then rolls around on a textual floor.
I had another darn dream thanks to you, Draig! D:<
It was that your IC thread updated recently, and then I began browsing it (all the while wondering if the Mafia game I'm in had gone into day end), and somehow for some strange reason, the next update was disconnected with the most recent turn...and had graphics and interactive pictures :P
Somehow the Station or whichever had an anomaly and something struck the Reunion causing internal damage, and all of us (protagonists) had a status screen with body areas outlined in green and their condition, displaying an array of damageable areas. For some reason I got skewered a bit although was still capable of doing anything (red outlines, not good), and then me really worrying about Sadish. Somehow there was also a drawer in my imagination-pictured-idea of the C&C room, filled with advertising that was used back in the day--this gave me an idea of what I *could* do with signals and all like what had happened beforehand.
And then Khate signaled back (she had a nice, calm voice; the kind of voice you may experience when meeting a nice person) and mentioned that mission was accomplished, and then the Station blew up 'ala Deathstar', and they had hijacked a better ship than the sled. My final thoughts were if we could have just captured one of those nice shuttles that could be exactly like the sled but with better maneuverability.

And that Aubrey used their ship to 'ride the explosion' or something, fast enough into bore range. :P

Err, that said, sending you stuff in PM ._.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:30:22 pm by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2017, 04:32:13 am »

Heh. I wish I dreamed of Small Mercies instead of whatever dumb shit my stressed brain makes me suffer through. That said, I've always imagined Khate to have the voice of an eternally eager and cheery hyperactive death machine, which is probably as far away from calm and nice as humanly (er... neo-ly?) possible.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 16, 2017, 11:09:05 am »

How are you doing, young Draignean?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 16, 2017, 11:12:21 am »

Off painkillers. Realizing that most of what I wrote is garbage that needs to be re-written. Gradually becoming horrified as I catch up on politics. Feeling a bizarre urge to grab a walker and shake it a vaguely nor-easterly direction while making old man noises.

No worries, back to writing again.

EDIT: Granted, I keep sidetracking to a completely unrelated scene that I don't really have any need or reason to write, but it's coming together.

EDIT2: Almost done... Taking a small break now I'm up over 2k.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:11:42 pm by Draignean »
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »

Off painkillers. Realizing that most of what I wrote is garbage that needs to be re-written. Gradually becoming horrified as I catch up on politics. Feeling a bizarre urge to grab a walker and shake it a vaguely nor-easterly direction while making old man noises.

No worries, back to writing again.

EDIT: Granted, I keep sidetracking to a completely unrelated scene that I don't really have any need or reason to write, but it's coming together.

EDIT2: Almost done... Taking a small break now I'm up over 2k.
Sorry for being so PM crazy here u_u I am not a good player.

Please keep your awesomeness in a nice box to be able to have freely everyday :D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 16, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »

You're fine, Tir, though if you could limit the bold text number of things you do in a turn to at most 3 distinct actions, I'd appreciate it.

Very nearly done, but considering the number of hilariously bad typos I've already caught, it's going to need a bit of post processing. Tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: current winner for our Most Indirectly Lethal Debuff award: Scarlet
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:11:42 pm by Draignean »
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 17, 2017, 12:15:09 am »

*panicked screaming intensifies*

So... this is a Situation. I can think of a few possible plans.

Plan Die Of Old Age
We turn around and run screaming.
Pros: We live long enough for Boris to ask what took us so long. Presumably. Khate's probably pretty resistant to SpecOps Crow fire and it's unlikely anybody cares enough to chase us.
Cons: Vera's Master gains everything he wanted and moves onto the next stage of his dire plan, possibly with his Evil Whale Lieutenant and Hard Luck, said Lieutenant's Stand.

Plan In For Enraging The Penny, Down For Enraging The Pound
Khate grabs the panther and runs, probably in a different direction than the group, which turns around and runs screaming.
Pros: We might mildly inconvenience Vera's Master!
Cons: The incandescent rage of a cruel god will be brought to bear exclusively on Khate and, if she lives long enough to reach them, everyone aboard the Reunion. Plus Wilcox, specOps crows, and anything else said god has found worth keeping around.

Plan Khate
Khate does something stupid. This will be difficult for her, as it is not in her nature, but she will try her best. While she distracts and/or does things, Aubrey stealth-runs or Khate puppy-runs to Vark's bomb and hurls it at Vera's Master, which then explodes because bombs are difficult to interdict, explodes because Aubrey and/or everyone work on distracting or disabling the crows that might interdict it, or focuses the crowdiction long enough for Varkonius to do silly things with his bore drive. Alternatively, if we can shut down the crows for .3 seconds, hurling an armed bomb at Vark would probably result in it landing precisely where it needs to go. Then we grab the panther and Varkonius, and run screaming in the other direction.
Pros: We get a presumable head start in running, deprive Vera's Master of his dire reagent, and gain an "ally" in Varkonius!
Cons: Vera's Master will likely go full DBZ villain on us, complete with glowing even more spectacularly, shaking the entire station in wrath, and swearing the entire and plausible destruction of each of our ships, homeworlds, and favorite restaurant chains.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 71