Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 102051 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #720 on: February 24, 2017, 11:36:35 am »

When isn't it time for flamethrowers?
You make a compelling argument.

Will probably post the thing after classes today.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:07 am »

Hmmm. Time for flamethrowers?
Do we...have flamethrowers on our ship?
On that note, what internal defenses do we even have if we're ever boarded or otherwise? o_O I'm getting the impression that the Reunion is shell-shaped or something now.

You make a compelling argument.

Will probably post the thing after classes today.
Please don't die guys o_o

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 24, 2017, 11:41:18 am »

On that note, what internal defenses do we even have if we're ever boarded or otherwise? o_O I'm getting the impression that the Reunion is shell-shaped or something now.

We've an indigent population of barbaric mutant space apes who can assist in repelling boarders.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 24, 2017, 11:44:16 am »

We've an indignant population of barbaric mutant space apes who can assist in repelling boarders.
...This brings to mind how you'll even get back to us, y'know. After the carnage...or at least hopefully not a radioactive hangar, we'll be pretty concerned about you, more. :P

Though considering my imagination, I pictured reading your place as in a 'very functional medbay' (probably solar powered or something with an internal reactor)...disjointedly attached to the Reunion and separated by radioactive areas still uncleared but under a functional armored hull. It brings to mind on what or how the Reunion actually looks like, and if Boris could earn more by dismantling parts of it to help the current parts for functionality as I recall back at the Intel station where we met Fluffy, it was a 'giant ship that couldn't fit in the hangar anyway'.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 24, 2017, 02:42:08 pm »

Tiruin, I'm pretty sure that if you GMed something, it would be fun.

This is true. Release your anxiety. Gather your players. Succor their hopes. Bring them to the cusp of apotheosis.

Then kill them and become death, destroyer of worlds. 'Tis great fun.
Yes. Scrambling players are best players, and you'll do fine, Tiruin. :3

I feel like I'm rusty and could have handled this better. The no stat 'system' is nice for some things, but, well, it's also really nice to have numbers every once in a while.
Is this code for "this is absurd and I don't know how much of it to let fly?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 27, 2017, 02:51:32 am »

Sorry all had a bit of a busy weekend and a cold, will post today.

edit: or, like, now. Sorry it's a bit brief though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:59:39 am by lawastooshort »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 27, 2017, 06:01:43 am »

I'm cheering for Khate and co. so much over here. Don't die horribly! Otherwise I'm going to feel a bit silly with my 'no neo gets left behind' speeches to Mickaw.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 27, 2017, 06:37:01 am »

I'm cheering for Khate and co. so much over here. Don't die horribly! Otherwise I'm going to feel a bit silly with my 'no neo gets left behind' speeches to Mickaw.
Y'know a silly thought hit me today (if your game gets featured in my random thoughts, it's nice, alongside everyone in it even the waitlisters :P ...I've had dreams of spumpkin's character XD)

I think Boris popped Mickaw's shield generator thingy instead of his spine. :P

Edoot:
Yes. Scrambling players are best players, and you'll do fine, Tiruin. :3
FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffff
Fish ._.

Boris grit his teeth at Kesari's interruption. Couldn't she see Mickaw couldn't be reasoned with? This was just allowing him another chance to detonate the bomb. Reluctantly, he slightly loosened his grip, allowing Mickaw to respond. If this failed, he and Kesari would have words.

He eyed the shut door he'd trapped Sadish behind. Would he find her corpse and two angry guards when he opened that door? The thought made him want to spare Mickaw even less.

Allow Mickaw to reply to Kesari's message. If he seems to do anything shady, pop his head. If he seems to comply, drag him along to the next corridor where Sadish totally hasn't been rescued by a mutant horde, using him as a body shield against guards who totally haven't been butchered if need be. Continue on towards the hangar from there.
I did NOT TELL BORIS THAT I SPLICED THE MESSAGING D:
Welp. :-[ We so ded.[/whatisameme]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:39:04 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 27, 2017, 07:00:52 am »

This is why I asked for you to explain your plan. But hey, not too late yet. Just tell Boris what you're trying to accomplish and how he should proceed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 27, 2017, 07:02:01 am »

This is why I asked for you to explain your plan. But hey, not too late yet. Just tell Boris what you're trying to accomplish and how he should proceed.
To be honest, Draig set the mood too well. I'm anxious to even speak too much as I'm unsure if it'd take up TOO MUCH TIME D:

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 27, 2017, 07:14:34 am »

Well, I don't think that changes my action, really. It does give Boris hope that we might yet succeed, though.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 27, 2017, 09:13:33 am »

To be honest, Draig set the mood too well. I'm anxious to even speak too much as I'm unsure if it'd take up TOO MUCH TIME D:

Speaking, just speaking, takes up zero time. Speaking, for thematic purposes, is very nearly indefinite. If you've got a bomb that's 30 seconds from going off you'll still have time to tell your friends that you'll miss them, to ask them take care of your dog, to give them direction to your flat down on Urbworld 7 so they can take care of your plants, and to share with the location of your box of keepsakes (as well as the story behind each one) so that they can return them to your aged granny.

I like my players to talk, so I don't punish you for talking most of the time.

EDIT: Working on turn, but I've been terribly distracted of late.  If there are any outstanding questions, do let me know.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:33:09 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 28, 2017, 06:50:43 am »

[...]
EDIT: Working on turn, but I've been terribly distracted of late.  If there are any outstanding questions, do let me know.
Are you okay and doing well? :) Knowing how i fared personally with anxiety, there were times when I mentioned my woes and it's okay but it wasn't. .-.;
But in general, please take care of yourself there :D

...One outstanding question I've got is how and what options do I have in actually supporting the away team. :P And how come we don't have futuristic sensors aboard the ship--it sounds like our ship-board cameras are the 'old style view only' type without sound or otherwise, or that's how my imagination went while reading Boris' turn through my turn.

Also can we have a hangar catapult because of futuristic innovation? :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I admit I've been procrastinating on this and have taken refuge in my testing thread, I return because of guilt and Tir's powers of boop.

...One outstanding question I've got is how and what options do I have in actually supporting the away team. :P And how come we don't have futuristic sensors aboard the ship--it sounds like our ship-board cameras are the 'old style view only' type without sound or otherwise, or that's how my imagination went while reading Boris' turn through my turn.

Point One: If you recall from the original description, the original owner of the Starset was borderline technophobic. The Starset's original monitoring systems were designed to be manned by a minimal staff of people in the tech room and more fully by actual stewards in the halls.

Point Two: Futuristic sensor falls in the uncanny valley of science fiction. It's not so advanced that you can just declare Clarke's law to be in effect and call it day, but (if you want it do something that mundane sensors don't) it becomes too complex to simply declare it an extension of existing technology.

For instance, the ubiquitous 'Vital Signs Detector'. I can think of a couple ways you'd implement one, but they all seem ridiculously overkill for a civilian vessel. Now, the carrier section of the Reunion probably had something reasonably sophisticated in place in case of boarding, but that's pretty much just the engine section and is missing its original computer core.

What I'm trying to say is, if you ask me why you don't have something, I'm going to respond with Occam's razor. You don't have a catapult because your hangar is from a civilian space station where the ability to rapidly deploy craft is unnecessary at best and one more expensive piece of machinery to break down at worst. You don't have intrinsic super sensors because a resort doesn't need super sensors.

Now, if you explain to me why you do have something, I'm much more likely to listen. Example being pretty much everything that comes out Sadish's mouth about her lab. She has a way to produce a bizzare kind of amber that puts things into suspended animation. Why? Because she said she did. Likewise, I did mention that there were traps rigged into the gravity plating of the Reunion. Those would have been good things to support Boris with, but it felt rather 'YOU SHOULD DO THIS' to bring it up at the time.

Now, to address what you can do for the away team. You can try to get in to any system. PA, Cameras, etc. Your goal should be reasonably specific: breach the O2 scrubbers and flood a room with toxic chemicals, make every speaker around [TARGET] emit a screech at maximum volume until they burn out, feed a loop of the Fruity Oaty Bar commercial to every screen reachable, those are pretty valid. Sadly, until you attach a gigantic Anti-material rifle to the outside of the Reunion, you're probably not going to be able to do much direct damage assistance.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Point One: If you recall from the original description, the original owner of the Starset was borderline technophobic. The Starset's original monitoring systems were designed to be manned by a minimal staff of people in the tech room and more fully by actual stewards in the halls.
Curses nobody forgets this *cough* >_>
I had actually noted that down and did realize it was a brilliant narrative to show it that way. :3

Point Two: Futuristic sensor falls in the uncanny valley of science fiction. It's not so advanced that you can just declare Clarke's law to be in effect and call it day, but (if you want it do something that mundane sensors don't) it becomes too complex to simply declare it an extension of existing technology.
Lovely points ♥

What I'm trying to say is, if you ask me why you don't have something, I'm going to respond with Occam's razor. You don't have a catapult because your hangar is from a civilian space station where the ability to rapidly deploy craft is unnecessary at best and one more expensive piece of machinery to break down at worst. You don't have intrinsic super sensors because a resort doesn't need super sensors.
HMM (Good point :D)
...Do we have buttered popcorn? We can...make a side-profit from selling snacks! :-[

Now, if you explain to me why you do have something, I'm much more likely to listen. Example being pretty much everything that comes out Sadish's mouth about her lab. She has a way to produce a bizzare kind of amber that puts things into suspended animation. Why? Because she said she did. Likewise, I did mention that there were traps rigged into the gravity plating of the Reunion. Those would have been good things to support Boris with, but it felt rather 'YOU SHOULD DO THIS' to bring it up at the time.
I really need Dwarmin tips u_u He's really good at that. And I didn't recall anything about traps! :X Oops! Sorry Boris (but at least everything went well >_<)

Now, to address what you can do for the away team. You can try to get in to any system. PA, Cameras, etc. Your goal should be reasonably specific: breach the O2 scrubbers and flood a room with toxic chemicals, make every speaker around [TARGET] emit a screech at maximum volume until they burn out, feed a loop of the Fruity Oaty Bar commercial to every screen reachable, those are pretty valid. Sadly, until you attach a gigantic Anti-material rifle to the outside of the Reunion, you're probably not going to be able to do much direct damage assistance.
I did think of atmospheric control in the first priority but did not know if that was controllable within bounds of inside the station. :-[

Can I breach and render inter-station comms unavailable given that? In the least isolating our away team (and friends') communications by labeling 'malware' or adverse marketing on possible dangers to aid the computer targeting?

Which also includes quick uploading of possible mech/walkers and disabling configurations in scanning their parts and pieces from a military marketing catalogue and targeting such with specialized commands? Inasmuch as it's possible, obviously, as I do believe that there are hard commands encoded to the system in case of failure//factory standards.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71