Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 102044 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #675 on: February 17, 2017, 02:41:08 am »

You somehow make Plan Khate sound better than Plan Retire Peacefully. Yes.

I don't think we should, but I quite want to.

Draignean: 1 - can Aubrey cloak (as far as she knows) under this crowterdiction? 2 - what would she think the chances of interrupting said interdiction for any length of time be?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 17, 2017, 06:52:48 am »

I have no idea which timeline I'm in [with Boris, before or after whatever happened to Mick] and now am all .-.; with everything and what can I do [did I do a quick examination or am I at the same time as Boris doing his thing with Mickaw?]. Aaaaaaaa :-\

If...if in anyway I am delayed or if anyone else is in the future--turns can be run by PMs :O That's what I did in my game or what I've observed is possible for others! (like in Special People RTD or others done by Parisbre/DarkArtemisFowl)

* Tiruin rolls around. Is Mickaw ded. Please nooooo Boris! I liked that jerk even if he was a jerk!

What did you ROLL, DH?! XD I have no idea if we can inter him in our MedBay but I have given order (at least to Draig in PMs) to save the folks as he can edit my dialogue in turns. :P

But...yeah. I do not really think we can work or save the away team if our hangar is half-vacuum filled, and half-radioactive wasteland. .-.;
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:41:30 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 17, 2017, 08:36:34 am »

He'll be fine. Maybe. He's not dead yet.

Can you explain what the plan you've apparently been planning in PMs is? Not sure why you've felt the need to use PMs anyway, unless you're planning to betray the rest of the team.

...please don't betray the rest of the team.

I don't see why you're confused about timelines. Your turns are happening at the same time as mine - it's Sadish who may be very out of sync with the rest of us.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 17, 2017, 08:44:21 am »

Can you explain what the plan you've apparently been planning in PMs is? Not sure why you've felt the need to use PMs anyway, unless you're planning to betray the rest of the team.

I have finally gotten what a joke is o_o
\o/!

I don't do that :P It's mostly me flailing around at Draignean with many many ideas!

I don't see why you're confused about timelines. Your turns are happening at the same time as mine - it's Sadish who may be very out of sync with the rest of us.
Um yes that! well! I- I am suffering from information overload due to my imagination more than anything else. It'll tone down once I get more familiar which I am with the current situation.

That or the bomb scare really scared me and I'm on overdrive.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 17, 2017, 08:46:24 am »

You somehow make Plan Khate sound better than Plan Retire Peacefully. Yes.

I don't think we should, but I quite want to.

Draignean: 1 - can Aubrey cloak (as far as she knows) under this crowterdiction? 2 - what would she think the chances of interrupting said interdiction for any length of time be?

1. Interdiction is specifically for combating bore technology. It has no effect on guns, bullets, shields, cloaking, mind-hacking, etc. Granted, it's pretty well bound up in mindhack technology, so if you can generate an interdiction field you probably have the tech to mess with all the others, but it does not intrinsically prevent anything but jumping.

2. Hmm. Aubrey has about one chance in three of opening up a hole large enough for one jump, but she can pretty reliably occupy one of the two Crows. The other will still be maintaining the field.

I have no idea which timeline I'm in [with Boris, before or after whatever happened to Mick] and now am all .-.; with everything and what can I do [did I do a quick examination or am I at the same time as Boris doing his thing with Mickaw?]. Aaaaaaaa :-\

If...if in anyway I am delayed or if anyone else is in the future--turns can be run by PMs :O That's what I did in my game or what I've observed is possible for others! (like in Special People RTD or others done by Parisbre/DarkArtemisFowl)

* Tiruin rolls around. Is Mickaw ded. Please nooooo Boris! I liked that jerk even if he was a jerk!

What did you ROLL, DH?! XD I have no idea if we can inter him in our MedBay but I have given order (at least to Draig in PMs) to save the folks as he can edit my dialogue in turns. :P

But...yeah. I do not really think we can work or save the away team if our hangar is half-vacuum filled, and half-radioactive wasteland. .-.;

Um. Yar, you're with everyone else. Sadish is out of sync. I may end up running sum stuff with the Dwarmang via PM, but you're in the main timeline.

You've found the sub-plot. Kesari is secretly a slaver queen.

Also, props to Dwarmin on the red-herring catch.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 17, 2017, 08:54:04 am »

Um. Yar, you're with everyone else. Sadish is out of sync. I may end up running sum stuff with the Dwarmang via PM, but you're in the main timeline.
Great...this leaves me wondering about many things now :/ I wish to be a bit as acute with Dwarmin and his shoes and thoughts! :O

Also really wish we had waitlister help right about now--I'm still unfamiliar to my potential and prowess/character skill level. :P Kesari plans to use things but her player is unsure what to use at the moment. As in I'm unsure if I know what's going on with Khate and Aubrey and co. :P That goes alongside even knowing what Aubrey/anyone there is doing!

Somehow I had a weird idea to deploy a bombscreen while we receive the bore-jumping away team if possible, for some strange reason. :v

I guess this means I'll retain my bolded stuff in my post then. Hopefully...it makes more sense than how much I flailed at you in PMs, Draig. .-.;

You've found the sub-plot. Kesari is secretly a slaver queen.
She's just a university professor and a militia soldier. :P
Who knows several (Two or so) languages and- [SLAVERY: YES]
But WOW would I be surprised if I accidentally betrayed the team @_@ I did feel that when I missed all the hints about those shuttles. Grr at those very reasonable inferences!

I still wonder if I see what's going on in Khate-vision, because that is some convincing material I can use.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:09:10 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 17, 2017, 10:52:49 am »

Hmm. So, IO: if we can take out one crow, Aubrey could hack out the other, then we just have to get the bomb to Varkonius, possibly by Aubrey cloaking while mindhacking, which sounds a bit risky. And hope Varkonius gets the plan.

We need KM's voice of reason.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #682 on: February 17, 2017, 11:21:11 am »

I'm still in the "oh shit what is happening" phase, but i will try to provide once I'm sure I've got a handle on it
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 17, 2017, 11:56:57 am »

Best idea: Khate asks to speak to whoever's in charge. Wilcox and Ka briefly start talking at the same time, awkward tense silence follows. This probably doesn't actually help us, but it makes me laugh.

For disabling the crow... hrm, don't think I'd be of much use there. They've probably got those shimmershields and Khate's pretty nonlethal to begin with. Might be able to mindhack Wilcox into doing Fun Things, but then we're leaning on Aubrey for an awful lot in a rather short amount of time.

Throwing the thing manually and hoping the explosion disrupts the field might be more feasible. Or trying to use it to bring down some building on them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 17, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »

So perhaps the best we can do is 1/ throw the bomb at Kawotsisname whilst 2/ disabling Wilcox as hard as Aubrey can manage and 3/ getting the hell out.

Perhaps Varkonius will also get out, perhaps not.

Wait, isn't Wilcox a bit Katuan'ed?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #685 on: February 17, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »

Scarlet can just try to shoot one of the crows in the face. They probably have countermeasures but it would be distracting.

Also, it's worth noting our rainbow friend has not actually made any hostile moves at us personally.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »

So perhaps the best we can do is 1/ throw the bomb at Kawotsisname whilst 2/ disabling Wilcox as hard as Aubrey can manage and 3/ getting the hell out.

Perhaps Varkonius will also get out, perhaps not.

Wait, isn't Wilcox a bit Katuan'ed?
The panther is the important/dangerous/difficult part, Vark has decent odds of boring himself to safety (possibly atop Khate's back) as soon as an explosion goes off.

Wilcox's Stand was dissolved, but as far as we know he's okay otherwise.

Scarlet can just try to shoot one of the crows in the face. They probably have countermeasures but it would be distracting.

Also, it's worth noting our rainbow friend has not actually made any hostile moves at us personally.
Both good points. If we just want to leave, it should be doable with only a halfhearted order to let none of us leave alive. If we want to do something stupid stalling out the plans of a cruel god, hurling explosives and grabbing panthers is the way to go.

Of course, if we do grab the panther, we also need a plan for not getting hunted down like animals by a stealth ship that's probably far faster than ours and is suspected to have disturbingly powerful interdiction abilities.

Anyone from Home Team have any thoughts on this? Immense danger to Away Team aside, it would be bringing the party to you.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 17, 2017, 05:21:57 pm »

Anyone from Home Team have any thoughts on this? Immense danger to Away Team aside, it would be bringing the party to you.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you film it. We might all die horribly, but our fame will live on forever.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 17, 2017, 05:27:03 pm »

Stand

I understand what you're talking about via context, but I think I'm missing a reference.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 17, 2017, 07:27:44 pm »

Manga JoJo's has some weird thing about putting important words in quotation marks or other weird symbols. I'm not sure if the difference is from the original or by scanlator or what, but little brackets sometimes show up. I think.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71