Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 101894 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #705 on: February 23, 2017, 11:33:28 am »

It's good I've been so sick for a week I could barely move, because I wouldn't know what to do with my turn otherwise. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 23, 2017, 05:51:44 pm »

I'll try and very likely succeed get my action up by the end of the week.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 24, 2017, 01:19:48 am »

I will post actions soon, and take full responsibility for holding everything up since Khate is sort of the Go Button for what is currently the Go Team.

Goddamn time traveling brain snakes.
But which sig quote do I swap out.

EDIT: I also really, really like Khate. :))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:44:01 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 24, 2017, 09:53:18 am »

I love it when players love playing their characters ^ ^
And then there's me being afraid to GM because 'what if they're not having fun' ._.; and other anxiety-riddled ideas.

I wonder how Draig is feeling right now :O

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 24, 2017, 09:57:33 am »

Tiruin, I'm pretty sure that if you GMed something, it would be fun.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 24, 2017, 10:00:26 am »

This is true. Release your anxiety. Gather your players. Succor their hopes. Bring them to the cusp of apotheosis.

Then kill them and become death, destroyer of worlds. 'Tis great fun.

I love it when players love playing their characters ^ ^
And then there's me being afraid to GM because 'what if they're not having fun' ._.; and other anxiety-riddled ideas.

I wonder how Draig is feeling right now :O

I feel like I'm rusty and could have handled this better. The no stat 'system' is nice for some things, but, well, it's also really nice to have numbers every once in a while.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 24, 2017, 10:24:38 am »

You're like how I follow my best friends like Skyrunner around when they post or when I see their post in the most recent threads THANK YOU :'(
I feel like I'm rusty and could have handled this better. The no stat 'system' is nice for some things, but, well, it's also really nice to have numbers every once in a while.
Rusty. :P
I seriously want to provide fire support or at LEAST send Varkonius a nice possibly generally untraceable message in his ship's inbox. :I

Also oh my goodness IronyOwl, you're stealing Ka-Theun's kitty! D:

Quote from: To Varkonius
;)
I just imagined how a character like Varkonius--or at least how I'd (in a cyber-dystopia) react when I get a ;) in my UI and then see action of 'that person I vaguely remember probably but doesn't seem hostile unlike EVERYONE ELSE'.
I'd react to help them or at least get the impression that they've got a plan and aren't sassing me.

That's how that usually comes about. x.x Go Khate-dicerolls!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:28:48 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 24, 2017, 10:36:28 am »

Given we might find a way to add a Robert Picardo-expy to our crew, maybe you could fiddle with that a bit...

We obviously don't have 'stats' in real life. The guy who was going to assassinate Hitler didn't see a skull nameplate above his head and say, "Ah man, this boss is too high level for me!". But, you could make it so we have a super duper smart AI helpbot, though, who can techno-magically calculate our crews capabilities and how dangerous enemies are in comparison to us. Based on her observation and correlation. All while keeping the stats in the background, like they should be-she wouldn't give hard numbers, just odds. Essentially, a compromise between role-playing and meta?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 24, 2017, 10:40:36 am »

Given we might find a way to add a Robert Picardo-expy to our crew, maybe you could fiddle with that a bit...

We obviously don't have 'stats' in real life. The guy who was going to assassinate Hitler didn't see a skull nameplate above his head and say, "Ah man, this boss is too high level for me!". But, you could make it so we have a super duper smart AI helpbot, though, who can techno-magically calculate our crews capabilities and how dangerous enemies are in comparison to us. Based on her observation and correlation. All while keeping the stats in the background, like they should be-she wouldn't give hard numbers, just odds. Essentially, a compromise between role-playing and meta?

Well, that would be playing the 'never tell me the odds' pretty straight. Plus, it would give your intel people something to work with.

Also, every starship needs a holographic, potentially [REDACTED], artificially intelligent back-up doctor.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 24, 2017, 10:41:47 am »

Reminds me of the notes I have for future games .-.; (Would really love to run one but anxiety and thanks dudes :'() The 'stat system' has a note appended to it that 'they don't represent your limits but your potentials in a generalized sense--altogether--rather than individually apart' or something.

I do like how stats are treated like that instead of hard numbers at times, to help the mesh of role playing and gaming. :P

Well, that would be playing the 'never tell me the odds' pretty straight. Plus, it would give your intel people something to work with.

Also, every starship needs a holographic, potentially [REDACTED], artificially intelligent back-up doctor.
Hopefully me making Kesari say that 'you all made us lose our lead doctor' had a good effect >_> I worry about how they feel now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 24, 2017, 10:57:02 am »

The thing is, it'll be useless most of the time. :P "Well, you've got about a 50% chance of survival here!"

However, It will let you give us a realistic heads up when engaging a threat head on is going to be suicidal via pure game mechanics.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 24, 2017, 11:28:15 am »

You're like how I follow my best friends like Skyrunner around when they post or when I see their post in the most recent threads THANK YOU :'(
In this case I'm actually following Draignean ;P
But you're welcome!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #717 on: February 24, 2017, 11:33:31 am »

Hmmm. Time for flamethrowers?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 24, 2017, 11:34:31 am »

Hmmm. Time for flamethrowers?
When isn't it time for flamethrowers?
---

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 24, 2017, 11:35:00 am »

Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71