Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 102003 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Sweet, I've posted. Hard to detail an exact attack plan when we don't know what's coming - I've just had a horrible thought that OH GOD WHAT IF IT'S LITERALLY A CLEANER?! A VACUUM CLEANER?!?
But...Boris is a human o_o
Maybe the 'cleaner' means 'open airlock' and the Fin is clamping himself magnetically to the floor O_o

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Both me and Khate really wishes Khate was there to assist with this madness. Stupid search and rescue duty.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

The feeling is very much mutual, IO :(

Hopefully Aubrey will live to tell the grandchildren... "Grandma, tell us again about the time you and the crazy king accidentally captured two enemy ships by yourselves...?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that could've been worse. For a moment there I had a hope the Cleaner had blown up good and proper. What do you think, should I apply more explosives to the problem? We didn't really have any progress with our dilemma, so I guess we should still attempt to blitz the Nosoi? Only there might be more Cleaners and other baddies, and I'm not sure if I have enough explosives. I'm not entirely sure we can deal with this one either.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Mistakes Were Made: The Turn

Hm... is it more mookish/heroic to investigate the arm or ignore it and continue with the mission? I'm fairly certain I've seen both go well and poorly.

Well, that could've been worse. For a moment there I had a hope the Cleaner had blown up good and proper. What do you think, should I apply more explosives to the problem? We didn't really have any progress with our dilemma, so I guess we should still attempt to blitz the Nosoi? Only there might be more Cleaners and other baddies, and I'm not sure if I have enough explosives. I'm not entirely sure we can deal with this one either.
Hm... I wonder how adept Cleaners are at operating aboard the Nosoi? They're certainly bad at distinguishing food from allies in contact.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Er

Bother. Bother and damn. I want to get away. Preferably to a doctor. A very far away doctor.

DH - I don't know what to do, but I don't see how we can stand and fight this thing. Even if you blew it up several more times, the best outcome would be it is the size of a foot, but can still kill you, whereas each time we'd risk explosives collateral damage. The best stand and fight option would be
1/to bait it into attacking in a way that enables us to blow it into space, whilst we are in a different room.

The best fleeing options are
1/ to flee to a way out (which we don't know about, unless we assume the ship is now in the Reunion's loading bay or something, in which case we could go the way we came with me trying to lock the doors behind us, but that would eventually bring the Cleaner to the Reunion) or
2/ to flee into the Nosoi and shut the crap out of the door behind us, and then fight our way through a Nosoi that is presumably ready for a boarding action.

It is hard to see a way which does not involve our probable death.

edit:
Could someone bore that Deathmushroom into the enemy ranks? That would be sweet. Or onto the Cleaner?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:12:04 am by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

It's worth noting that the Nosoi has just bored, so you're relatively close to home now. That doesn't help with your immediate problem, but it does give you some more wriggle room for the larger picture.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now I'm really worried about Varky and the boarding team ._. While I might've done well with an algorithm that Draig said genius (That...felt nice to read, after all my flailing :P), this is the one turn (or one before the next) wherein that one big ship bores here.

Well ._. Time to contact Khate, and rig Sadish's drone with whatever I can.
I just wish there was a power surge on the Nosoi somehow. But *I* lack knowledge on what to do with said drone. >_>

Oh boy, guess the Nosoi will be going through--Boris, Aubrey: Survive till I can get back in range of contact with you! I'll prep scanners through your tech there to assess your environment.
Khate/Scarlet: Survive too D: I've been too busy on that drone to actually use your suit's assessments to counter-check what was where in Sadish's lab [oops .-.], and Khate, please do the right thing. What Khate would do! (~'u')~

Also I got no updoot for those shuttles so I'm assuming that Draig has ONE more tiny turn for us. :3
Love the details Draig, and I hope we aren't complicating things for you! :P

I'll be making an IC post soon--with a transmission to Khate.

Draig: Clarify: Did the Nosoi [and the freighter] just jump into bore, or is it a preparation FOR boring, that happened in Boris' notes?

PPE: Wow I dislike my posts not posting because of bad internet making me post after others have posted and thus stopping this posting more. :'(
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

King Murdoc - I don't know if Scarlet is aware of the approaching Nosoi, but if so you could try to get Varkonius to bore that Deathfungus into its face. Or somewhere as painful.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Er... come on dudes!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I need to do a mini-update that will probably help a person or two. Sorry, busy with life and should have taken a few opportunities to do it earlier.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've moved beyond rational consideration of plans and operate on pure bravado. At least if I die I can blow all those explosives as I go. But I'd prefer Plan B: not die.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er... come on dudes!
._.

In which I just realized that I accidentally closed the Post Reply tab when it had a 'one new reply' bar after clicking post.
 x.x
I need to do a mini-update that will probably help a person or two. Sorry, busy with life and should have taken a few opportunities to do it earlier.

Either it's plot, or we have time on our side. .-.;
Hopefully we've got time to chill this out, but I'm shifting all weapons to point-defense, and prep'ing the blast doors.
Going to change signals to near-full strength; prep biometrics scans, and access full linkage with Boris/Aubrey to give near-instantaneous feedback for data and a very needed tactical HUD.

Now to wonder what I can actually do that can attack with electronic warfare >_>
Do you accept bolded actions of 'do what I know'? Because that comes off as bland to me, but I'm not that knowledgeable about electronic warfare in the first place .-.;

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh I didn't mean you :)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right DH let's fight our way to the bridge then, lock the door, and then vent every other fucker into space.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 71