Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 102023 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a tactical redeployment to reappraise actionable practicals within the operational parameters, Aubrey. Kings do not flee. At worst, they merely choose a new place of rule.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

It's a tactical redeployment to reappraise actionable practicals within the operational parameters, Aubrey. Kings do not flee. At worst, they merely choose a new place of rule.

Tiax will rule!

From a distance.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Ohhhhhh I hope we don't all die, everyone is so lovely.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

So what's going on?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

....Uh...

The GM is finishing the whole move thing still somehow, trying to start up a discord D&D game, and made an arms race game because he simultaneously wanted something to let steam off with, but kept getting roadblocked writing the turn for Small Mercies because he felt that he'd gotten into his classic trap of creating solutions to problems without putting down decent clues and/or pushing the players towards events that relied more on the actions of NPCs than upon their own conscious volition?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

It's okay to meet those kinds of roadblocks :3 just keep proceeding as we hammer out the kinks along the way \o/
...It was a roadblock that killed my game (that I'm still planning to revive in a different form one day), but it also needs motivation and passion--both of which you have in abundance given how many things I can connect-by-dots in this forum about your will-to-power, Draig :P

But do that turn and leave us flailing around! \o/

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I for one am patiently and happily waiting Draignean :)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #1042 on: August 30, 2017, 12:15:35 pm »

Is this officially dead, or just hibernating?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 30, 2017, 12:20:26 pm »

I don't know.

I'm officially in that state where I curse myself repeatedly when I write and worry constantly over whether or not I'm actually allowing people to make choices or just making them feel like they're being punished arbitrarily.

I want to.  I love writing lore for this setting, and the overall vibe, but I constantly feel like I'm shorting the other people involved.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1044 on: August 30, 2017, 12:25:25 pm »

For what it's worth, I don't feel shorted. A bit helpless IC, but I didn't think that was a bad thing.
GM of Trespassers V2.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 30, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »

Same here, Draignean. It's a story, right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 30, 2017, 02:12:42 pm »

I'd say I don't feel shorted, but I'm voluntarily playing Resident Evil as the ship is boarded by hostiles so I'm probably not the one you were worried about.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »

I don't know.

I'm officially in that state where I curse myself repeatedly when I write and worry constantly over whether or not I'm actually allowing people to make choices or just making them feel like they're being punished arbitrarily.
*boop*
When worry happens over one situation, this idea will alleviate the worry. There is always a follow up :3

Thingy blows up near protagonists interrupting their plans? Follow up with something they can work with. It's like the idea of seeing stuff in movies/novels/literature, the protags are in trouble--what do they do? Then we find it's a bit more difficult in text because you've to describe the environment, but we can also (GM) describe thoughts relevant in the character's personalities.

Otherwise, our actions are pretty much in response to our environments too :O
So worry less on planting the situation, when you can add to it. If something like our reactor bays or otherwise blow up because of something we probably didn't notice, make forewarning ._. but also leeway!

I want to.  I love writing lore for this setting, and the overall vibe, but I constantly feel like I'm shorting the other people involved.
Directness can help :) You PMing the folks you feel shorted can be done in PMs.
But I don't feel shorted.

I just want to ride this glorified cruise liner // the Milennium Resort Kingly 6-person-comfy ship and try to blast that other ship out.

I mean, unless I'm wrong, I've all the details on our weaponry systems and propulsion/engine systems that I'm working with all of them other than knowing their specific details \o/

Post post post Draig :3 Worry may signify anxiety, which ONLY applies in the futuristic perspective [anxiety is that. It is futuristic. It has the sense of lacking control or handling the situation. But if it is social, remember the situation is always mutual instead of you having to handle us :P]

You can do the thing Draig :D We CAN be helpless and that's okay. (I actually feel very :)) that la and Digi are acting it out very well!) But we can only be as helpless for so long.
Just like how our good times can only be for so long u_u (What counters all this is we grow in skill and experience!)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 31, 2017, 12:02:55 pm »

For what it's worth, I don't feel shorted. A bit helpless IC, but I didn't think that was a bad thing.

I think the GM could have dropped more hints towards your situation by now-given you have almost everything you need, and you have to put things together yourself. :P

If we're continuing, anyway...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1049 on: August 31, 2017, 12:07:26 pm »

I think the GM could have dropped more hints towards your situation by now-given you have almost everything you need, and you have to put things together yourself. :P

If we're continuing, anyway...

Well, I'm not actually sure WHAT I need. . . hence why Scarlet is still trying to get the actual medical expert in the room. She's infected with the thing that has no actual countermeasure that we know of, so I'm a bit lost as to what's going to get me out of that.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71